Live Server Maintenance - October 24, 2023

Hermes

• Administrators

Live Server - 10/24/2023 Maintenance

When:
3:00 PM PDT on 10/24. See your timezone here: https://everytimezone.com/s/c387f5f6

Estimated Downtime:
~3 hours and 30 minutes

Notes:

• Fixed an issue causing errors when trying to retrieve items from the World Trade.
  • Fixed an issue where summons could still be used after switching to a different dual class.
  • Improved the Halloween Pumpkin Box and Halloween Special Gift tooltip for better clarity.
  • Fixed a typo in the Royal’s Honey Dark Beer tooltip.

1 hour ago, Hermes said:
  • Improved the Halloween Pumpkin Box and Halloween Special Gift tooltip for better clarity.

New tooltip...

"Maybe, just maybe there is a little tiny possibility... (remarking TINY and POSSIBILITY) to get an additional reward other than Halloween Cookies."

PD: I really want to understand the need to do a server maintenance to fix the tooltip for an item that probably all the players already claimed, so it is also probable that nobody will see the new tooltip

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

(Sarcasm OFF, Happy Halloween to all :D )

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hermes said:

Improving already opened Special Gift ... what a shame ... why not improving some random boxes that we opened 2-3 years ago? LOL

very "exciting"... another empty event the remaining ppl here can't wait to end. So called "event" ofc by your so called "standars", coz for players it does not even register.

Your quest to cure us from our addiction is progressing great. Thnx

21 hours ago, Hermes said:

Live Server - 10/24/2023 Maintenance

When:
3:00 PM PDT on 10/24. See your timezone here: https://everytimezone.com/s/c387f5f6

Estimated Downtime:
~3 hours and 30 minutes

Notes:

• Fixed an issue causing errors when trying to retrieve items from the World Trade.
  • Fixed an issue where summons could still be used after switching to a different dual class.
  • Fixed a typo in the Royal’s Honey Dark Beer tooltip.

I know, I don't know you or the operations of NCSoft and the 3 employees.

I can't believe you are OK with coming here telling us that it will take 3 hrs and 30 min for a 25 minute task.

You sound like Karine Jean-Pierre. Providing info that really doesn't stimulate the crowd.

Excite people with, the L2 original creativity like with quest?  How hard would it be to create a town or realm to hunt in?  

I know you are doing your job, but really?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HolyRoller said:

I know, I don't know you or the operations of NCSoft and the 3 employees.

I can't believe you are OK with coming here telling us that it will take 3 hrs and 30 min for a 25 minute task.

You sound like Karine Jean-Pierre. Providing info that really doesn't stimulate the crowd.

Excite people with, the L2 original creativity like with quest?  How hard would it be to create a town or realm to hunt in?  

I know you are doing your job, but really?

Its because L2 - "special game" - where Korea  developers long time stop care about game (and game balance) - but people attack NC.Soft West administration (they cant do nothing - getting game from Korea)... And L2 gamers base - where is minimum 50% idiots (I play 6y here - so I know that). Why idiots?... Its simple.. they all the time cry, cry, cry for everything... 

Server "OFF" 3h30min? You know what its mean? Its mean need 3h30min! If its possible to make in 5min - BE SURE --> THEY do that in 5min and go home! But need 3h30min - server its not your old "laptop" where need just press "restart"...

1 hour ago, Ambicija said:

Its because L2 - "special game" - where Korea  developers long time stop care about game (and game balance) - but people attack NC.Soft West administration (they cant do nothing - getting game from Korea)... And L2 gamers base - where is minimum 50% idiots (I play 6y here - so I know that). Why idiots?... Its simple.. they all the time cry, cry, cry for everything... 

Server "OFF" 3h30min? You know what its mean? Its mean need 3h30min! If its possible to make in 5min - BE SURE --> THEY do that in 5min and go home! But need 3h30min - server its not your old "laptop" where need just press "restart"...

I would never think they are running Windows 7 on and old Dell laptop.  

However, the Ausus, MSI, Super Micro or whatever servers they run don't take 3 hrs to update program.

They use that window of 3.5 hrs for just in case. 

On 10/24/2023 at 11:50 PM, Ambicija said:

Well if you play here 6y+ you should know , game sits on amazon aws ,and you should know that them x3 employees switching all games in same time B&S aion and etc , takes a bit of time to prepare all games multiple servers and update linux, i guess

• Rownen unpinned this topic
On 10/28/2023 at 2:16 AM, AshesOfAden said:

Well if you play here 6y+ you should know , game sits on amazon aws ,and you should know that them x3 employees switching all games in same time B&S aion and etc , takes a bit of time to prepare all games multiple servers and update linux, i guess

Well ever since they moved Maintenance to Tuesday... the Actual Maintenance is performed by NCKorea, I'm about 50/50  whether all these New Staff and rebranding to NCAmerica that all operations could have moved to Korea(Only Hermes is still around since Korea took over Maintenance, but he could have been a plant?) Our Latest Lag issues could be from Korean GMs monitoring stuff invisibly... DCs could be them booting 1 or more party members to see what happens(maybe someone report you, so they wanna have a bit of fun while they "Investigate") Have Aion and B&S changed their Maintenance about 12 Hrs  earlier so it looks like Korea is actually doing Maintenance there as well?