Why name change?

existenz

I don't think that is very good decision.

There is no name change on Skelth and this is a good thing.

Why someone that is not behaving nice to have a chance to change his name and continue not behaving nice all over again?

Don't we deserve to know who is who in a "classic" server?

5 minutes ago, existenz said:

I don't think that is very good decision.

There is no name change on Skelth and this is a good thing.

Why someone that is not behaving nice to have a chance to change his name and continue not behaving nice all over again?

Don't we deserve to know who is who in a "classic" server?

This feature generates A LOT of money for NCsoft, and doesn't actually "impact" the gameplay... You have to think that the company needs the profit for the game, and be glad they are not selling items, levels or whatever, but only "innocent" things like small runes, name change and other account services. It is not that hard to figure out who a guy is, even if he changes his name ingame.

8 hours ago, existenz said:

how name change generate so much money? people change their names everyday?

on Innova servers ( I was playing Ramona and afther that Core+Ramona), the name change service costs 25 euros. Gender change costs 7 euros, if i'm not mistaken. A guy from my CP, back then, changed his gender 3 times and his name 2 times on a span of 6 months. So, that would be 75 euros, almost and the guy was brazilian ( 1 euro = almost 5 BR currency, where the minimum wage is less than 300 dollars).

Now imagine that on a larger scale....Yeah, it generates profits. People might not change those stuff everyday, but some of them will surely change every 3~6 months or so

Archived