Will i regret a sorc/SpellHowler

Fade

Hey Guys, I always regreted not making a mage the first time around and figured this was a good chance to give it a shot. 

Whats holding me back, I only want to box 1 char, am I going to regret making a mage if I am only willing to playing 1 recharge will it for lvling?

Other option is going a destroyer with likly a WC.

Thanks.

Well if you want to play a mage and you want to play solo (so no CP or group)...well yeah, it's quite hard to xp a mage. 
If you're going to play a mage, then you'll need at least 1 recharger. 
If you go for necromancer or SPH you will learn body to mind and you may exp comboing it with Curse death link. 
In anyway keep this in mind : you need at least a recharger in box with you, otherwise ur exp will go sloooowly as hell. 

As for the destroyer : we will get fishing system and the Fish stews. Vampiric rage costs from 10 Blue mackerel. Overall PP is a better buffer than WC, they will learn almost the same buffs, but PP can heal you way harder, can give you zerk+BtB and BtS and you can buy VR for fish stews. (Also keep in mind that SE's VR chance of trigger is 80% while WC's is 20%...and since the stew is "vampiric rage" i guess the chance will be the same). 
Soloing w/o boxes is impossible. If you want to log 1 box then you should look for a CP. 

26 minutes ago, xHaseo said:

Well if you want to play a mage and you want to play solo (so no CP or group)...well yeah, it's quite hard to xp a mage. 
If you're going to play a mage, then you'll need at least 1 recharger. 
If you go for necromancer or SPH you will learn body to mind and you may exp comboing it with Curse death link. 
In anyway keep this in mind : you need at least a recharger in box with you, otherwise ur exp will go sloooowly as hell. 

As for the destroyer : we will get fishing system and the Fish stews. Vampiric rage costs from 10 Blue mackerel. Overall PP is a better buffer than WC, they will learn almost the same buffs, but PP can heal you way harder, can give you zerk+BtB and BtS and you can buy VR for fish stews. (Also keep in mind that SE's VR chance of trigger is 80% while WC's is 20%...and since the stew is "vampiric rage" i guess the chance will be the same). 
Soloing w/o boxes is impossible. If you want to log 1 box then you should look for a CP. 

Sorry if I didnt make it clear I am def playing 2 char's main and one buffer/Recharger

Also does PP get anything other than heal and battle heal?

10 minutes ago, Fade said:

Sorry if I didnt make it clear I am def playing 2 char's main and one buffer/Recharger

If you're only doing main and one other it has to be SE or EE for recharge.

On a different note, you guys think it's better to play sps with EE+SE or sph with just SE or SE+PP?

1 hour ago, Fade said:

Do I have this straight? 2x nukers and 1x recharger? 

If so, the recharger would have to be SE for empower, no questions. You need to output the most damage per unit of mp that you use. For this reason, don't be afraid to use demon set as well. 

Secondly, I would choose SH and Necro for gloom / btm.

Archived