Healer Buffs are Party now.

Nightwitch

Hello,

can anyone explain to me whats the logical reason to make Healer-Buffs party Buffs instead of targeted Buffs?

I only see a big Nerf

• I cant cast them on Adolph and Consorts in Kartia or AF anymore.
  • Cant Buff a Raid.
  • If Im in a Party I hve an ISS to take care of the Buffs, so I dont need them at all.

Why is this changed ?

Falexi

Shillen Saint

3 hours ago, Nightwitch said:

Hello,

can anyone explain to me whats the logical reason to make Healer-Buffs party Buffs instead of targeted Buffs?

I only see a big Nerf

• I cant cast them on Adolph and Consorts in Kartia or AF anymore.
  • Cant Buff a Raid.
  • If Im in a Party I hve an ISS to take care of the Buffs, so I dont need them at all.

Why is this changed ?

Falexi

Shillen Saint

So I agree this sucks because of buffing allies during Kartias.

Let me remind you however, its been against the rules for forever to buff raids and I know of people getting banned for it. So really they just took the option away of doing something that was against the rules.

2 hours ago, Tamlin said:

Let me remind you however, its been against the rules for forever to buff raids and I know of people getting banned for it. So really they just took the option away of doing something that was against the rules.

It's not. Maybe on some private server, not on official servers.

I'll explain my story and take from it what you will.  I used to farm all of the 99+ raids on chronos, and ofc I had competition.  One of the guys who used to compete against me would buff all the raids in an effort to beat me.  Because of his setup, he actually did more damage than me, but only when the raid was buffed.  As you might expect, this was rather irritating, so I had submitted a petition asking if this was a legal action, and explained how he was using this strange "mechanic" to beat me. I ended up talking to a couple different GM's about it, all of which said it was against the rules since it isn't an "intended mechanic" and he was abusing it for personal gain, but all they ever did was escalate my complaint, or promise action with nothing ever happening. After about a week and a half of talking to different GM's, I finally spoke to a GM who said that they were fixing the issue, and a couple days later the patch, that made it so healers could no longer buff non-party members, was released.  The funny ending to this story is, the same day they patched it, the same guy who was buffing the raids came with an unawakend prophet and buffed the raids just the same, and this is stil possible to this day. He promptly received a 3 day ban though, and never did it again. I hope that answers your question.

Last Time I did buff a raid, (loon, long ago ), I flagged. So I was under the impression if you flag you want to fight for it, so PVP will follow, to take care of this competition.

But that was the last use I had in Mind. I actually used my buffs soley on Adoplh and co.

On 12/28/2017 at 2:25 PM, Pope said:

I'll explain my story and take from it what you will.  I used to farm all of the 99+ raids on chronos, and ofc I had competition.  One of the guys who used to compete against me would buff all the raids in an effort to beat me.  Because of his setup, he actually did more damage than me, but only when the raid was buffed.  As you might expect, this was rather irritating, so I had submitted a petition asking if this was a legal action, and explained how he was using this strange "mechanic" to beat me. I ended up talking to a couple different GM's about it, all of which said it was against the rules since it isn't an "intended mechanic" and he was abusing it for personal gain, but all they ever did was escalate my complaint, or promise action with nothing ever happening. After about a week and a half of talking to different GM's, I finally spoke to a GM who said that they were fixing the issue, and a couple days later the patch, that made it so healers could no longer buff non-party members, was released.  The funny ending to this story is, the same day they patched it, the same guy who was buffing the raids came with an unawakend prophet and buffed the raids just the same, and this is stil possible to this day. He promptly received a 3 day ban though, and never did it again. I hope that answers your question.

I know there is a topic somewhere on the old forums where they confirmed it was against their rules.

If anyone would know, itd be you Pope, you farmed field raids daily for years.

On 28.12.2017 at 8:25 PM, Pope said:

Interesting post, thx for the insight!

Are you still farming those raids or did the Barrier stop you ?

Archived