Phantom Summoner Questions

Xandori

I don't know if the class is "bad" or not, but I intend to try it out. I do have some questions though. Can anyone tell me what special abilities the various Servitors have? I see that the Silhouette has a ranged Life Leech nuke, but the Shadow doesn't appear to have anything? What about the ones the class gets later on?

How about armor? It appears that wearing Light Armor gives some really nice bonuses, while Robes only give PDef bonus (I'm sure the Robes themselves give a nice boost to mana though). How about weapon? If I'm wearing Light Armor, I feel it might be worthwhile to get some melee hits in to finish a mob. I'm using a Staff at the moment (only 26), and its melee is sloooow. Is there a good 1H+Shield combo I could look for; either NG or D... can't imagine about C-grade+ yet, haha.

Also, any other advice would be great! Thanks!

Shadow is the melee, tank-type servitor. It does not have active skills, that is correct.

All Mystic type classes have a skill that will decrease your casting speed if you aren't wearing robe top + robe bottom. So when wearing light armor, your casting speed will be lower (though the light armor mastery for summoners should compensate this, at least a bit).

The summoners typically do not have a specific weapon mastery, so just pick the cheapest weapon type (often for B grade and up this would be dualswords).

8 hours ago, Xandori said:

I don't know if the class is "bad" or not, but I intend to try it out. I do have some questions though. Can anyone tell me what special abilities the various Servitors have? I see that the Silhouette has a ranged Life Leech nuke, but the Shadow doesn't appear to have anything? What about the ones the class gets later on?

How about armor? It appears that wearing Light Armor gives some really nice bonuses, while Robes only give PDef bonus (I'm sure the Robes themselves give a nice boost to mana though). How about weapon? If I'm wearing Light Armor, I feel it might be worthwhile to get some melee hits in to finish a mob. I'm using a Staff at the moment (only 26), and its melee is sloooow. Is there a good 1H+Shield combo I could look for; either NG or D... can't imagine about C-grade+ yet, haha.

Also, any other advice would be great! Thanks!

Best advice prepare  for solo only :D

I'm playing one as well and don't mind the solo playstyle. I should however mention that beast shot prices are bumped from 20a each to 75a each for some reason, and the adena drop rate is ridiculous....which basically means you are most likely never going to be able to use them. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 9:44 PM, Aghast said:

I'm playing one as well and don't mind the solo playstyle. I should however mention that beast shot prices are bumped from 20a each to 75a each for some reason, and the adena drop rate is ridiculous....which basically means you are most likely never going to be able to use them. 

Summon Spiritshots 1 active 10 0 100000 0 - With a 100% probability summons 24 Beast Spiritshots. Consumes 4 Spirit Ore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't played a ton on Classic, but I'm making a PS as my main on Gludio - he's level 22 at the moment.

Shadow hits pretty hard at this level against whites and greens - I've been still using the starter robes and NG dagger and I can kill pretty quickly using Curse Poison + Shadow + Melee and I rarely run out of MP - killing mobs just as fast as the Human and Elf Wizards are but without resting. 

Occasionally I'll have to use health potions or Vampiric Touch  to restore my HP, but all-in-all you don't need beast shots to level a PS... at least I haven't had to yet. 

I hope that this helps :) PS is a very fun class to play!

• 2 weeks later...

Get lvl 40, use Souless with poison aoe than solo train in Cruma Tower or join aoe party. PS is amazing. And btw on this classic version you will keep and lvl up Twister after lvl 40 too. So is up to you to play as a mage (of course you don't have mana recharger like warlock or Elemental summoner) or to play melee with your summon using light armor + melee weapon.

have fun ^^

Archived