Leveling after 20

I second that.  Clerics can easily solo in undead areas.  Find Skeletons and Zombies and have fun.  Aside from that watch Party chat for healers.  And above all else.  It's time to start looking at the clan boards.  L2 is a game that almost forces you into clans.  Don't plan on being a solo player and having an easy run of things.  Especially after clan wars start breaking out.  Not many people trust untagged characters joining their leveling parties, as they could be spies.

4 hours ago, Vivisector said:

I second that.  Clerics can easily solo in undead areas.  Find Skeletons and Zombies and have fun.  Aside from that watch Party chat for healers.  And above all else.  It's time to start looking at the clan boards.  L2 is a game that almost forces you into clans.  Don't plan on being a solo player and having an easy run of things.  Especially after clan wars start breaking out.  Not many people trust untagged characters joining their leveling parties, as they could be spies.

9 hours ago, Glamdring said:

use your undead nuke in ruins of agony skeletons.  ask for a group in abandoned camp.  have fun

That doesn't work. You kill 8 - 10 monsters and then back to /sit for another 10 minutes, while spending more adena in shots than you get from killing those monsters. 

That's the dilema of every nuker in the game.  Not just a Cleric issue.  Was just pointing out places where Clerics can hit just as hard as any other nuker.

My Main advice was to start looking for a clan.

Aside from that.  What I did to level my Cleric/Bishop back in old L2, and what I am currently doing now is make a secondary account.  Create an SE.  Sure you will need to level 2 characters not just one, so is a bit slower.  Once the SO is within the level range of the cleric party them together, and have the SO on auto-follow.  SE's have buffs that increase your M. Attack.  They can also recharge Mana.  So you kill 8-10 mobs.  Then, sit, switch to SE, recharge, recharge, recharge, stand up and start killing again.  

As for Adena, until they fix the drop rates, find green undead, and turn off the shots.  Might take 1-2 more attacks, and XP not as high, but will save you Adena.  

L2 is not meant for an easy progression to Top Grade gear and top level.  I have no idea what Classic is going to be like, but I can say I played 8+ years on regular, and although I did have 11 characters, I never hit the top level on any character, and never had the best gear on any character, including my main.  And almost no one else I ever talked to did either.  And I was in a few clans that owned castles.    

Archived