Prophet mains

Ivarrr

well, actually i found out there is / was a build that is called "Battle Prophet" or something like that. I can't find it because the old L2 official forums are down.

I understand this consists of putting out some dps (ofc never like a true dd) as well as buffing, but i would like to know what this build is about and how to max dps as a prophet.

ty in advance!

I would not expect too much from it:

heavy or light armour + dual swords or mace + shield combination.

If by any means possible I would rather get a DD class to go with your prophet and dual box with that setup.

Archer would be the strongest combination imo.

Alternatively you can go with a Bladedancer (gives you a great foundation for a good larger party) or you can go with a dwarf as a second account for extra income from either spoiling or crafting.

WIth that said: Eventually in Olympiad a battle prophet is a strong character. But there is a long way to go before you are there and Olympiad may not be for you.

10 hours ago, Ivarrr said:

well, actually i found out there is / was a build that is called "Battle Prophet" or something like that. I can't find it because the old L2 official forums are down.

I understand this consists of putting out some dps (ofc never like a true dd) as well as buffing, but i would like to know what this build is about and how to max dps as a prophet.

ty in advance!

Battle prophet is not something too complicated. It means you don't  just buff and then sit for 20mins, but contribute damage and CC in both pve and pvp. Actually with the right gear prophet's dmg is not negligible. Wear light or heavy armor (check the bonuses) and carry dual swords for max dmg or a one hand weap+shield. Avoid using bows or daggers because you will miss hits much. Find a melee party, not archer or mage, and follow attack. You should use very often your debuffs, root and fear, and occasionally you should heal with battle heal. Your dyes should be +STR +DEX too. If wolves are added later in the game, you should have one too.

I've mained a prophet on a c3-c4 server, kinda similar. 

All the things that ure reading about battle prophet are probably posts about olympiad, where prophets long time ago had a golden time, with bow + root, and duals after the bow nerf (when they reduced casting speed with bow). it could apply to 1 vs 1 scenarios also and pve (draining ss), but not further

On an actual masive battle (90% of old times L2 even more being a support) i would not go with heavy + duals, you will have no chance to hit no one, honestly. 

how to be an active prophet on battle? Go wizz (at least while u have mana, maybe after  u burn the robe extra mana u can go to a heavy but... u will need loads of money to have 2 gears!)

-Overbuff enemies, even before battle start: Who doesnt like kiss of even, invigor, regen, resist fire, resist wind , a fighter with acumen and concentration right after the overlod and wc buffed or in the middle of a fight?

-Root fighters approaching your healrs, wizzs

-Support healer (not the best but some battle heals may save some weak target life. 

- If we get to have block shield and block ww.... thats A LOT.

-keep a constant eye on ur party buffs and keep the most important always on. 

On a siege (for example) wearing a heavy + duals you will make no difference. 

Archived