Played 2 hours, Got 62k weapon and best armor in shop

Maharishi

The game help you quite a lot indeed at the start but believe me all those stuff don't last for long, after that you will be forced to start buying SS, to gather money & buy a good NG weapon, later a D wpn also the spellbooks are very expensive & depend on how many characters you play if you are solo or if you also have buffpets it's gonna cost a lot to buy books for all of them, so take advantage of those helps at the start but the game is going to become the same hell you knew from back then, the biggest help imo is the free TP we have till Lv40, if we had to pay for GK from the start oh boy.. how many would have quit till now I'm sure lots of people.

1 hour ago, Maharishi said:

What is the point of giving that much through mission/quest. What is the purpose of shield/might lv 1 when everybody has a scroll of buff that gives shield might lv 5?

Dude, Now go and check the description of your Might lvl 1 and that scroll might lvl 5, you will be amazed, I guarantee

PS: the same thing to all of those buffs, don't get too excited 

59 minutes ago, rpgmaniac said:

The game help you quite a lot indeed at the start but believe me all those stuff don't last for long, after that you will be forced to start buying SS, to gather money & buy a good NG weapon, later a D wpn also the spellbooks are very expensive & depend on how many characters you play if you are solo or if you also have buffpets it's gonna cost a lot to buy books for all of them, so take advantage of those helps at the start but the game is going to become the same hell you knew from back then, the biggest help imo is the free TP we have till Lv40, if we had to pay for GK from the start oh boy.. how many would have quit till now I'm sure lots of people.

+100

C'mon, NC is like a drug dealer giving you a free hit to get you hooked.  That's why you start off with top ng stuff and buff scrolls.  Guess what, most of those are gone within the first few hours (or days, if you're frugal) of playing.  In the long run, NG is crap gear.  You'll just figure, "I'm already lvl 20, might as well keep going".  If you don't want to buy shots, get your booty into a party, which is the way the game is designed for in the first place...or level a buffpet and rock on.  The way it was back then was carefully picking your alts so you could recycle weapons/armor that you couldn't sell (before mammon would let you trade weapons in for a different equal weapon).  And as for shots, those were for oh crap moments or for pvp, not meant to be spamshot.

16 minutes ago, Ravenna said:

Remember buying a boat ticket to get from TI to Gludin because it saved money? Nobody gonna afford Gatekeeper!!

I did it and we still had to spend money for the ticket. I would then walk from Gludin to Gludio, Gludio to Dion and Dion to Giran and kept using /loc until I was near enough the town I wanted to go to and then use a scroll of escape.

Back then it was tough, but still fun. The problem is that most of us got older, got demanding jobs and got kids. The time for this grinding is gone for most.

Archived