Fix the Karma System

Vaerinox

Dearest NCSoft,

The karma system is currently broken. The entire reason that the karma system exists is to keep players in check, knowing that any moment, flagged or not, another player could take away your precious exp. As the PKee, you have a generally small window of opportunity (dependent of # of pks) for a redemption kill on that player before they can wash their karma.

HOWEVER, that is not what we have. We have an unusable system where the only efficient way to wash karma is by dying yourself. This has lead players to abuse the sacred practice of respecting each others spot as people will just KS-leech because no one wants to kill someone since it will cost them a death too.

Please fix this broken system. What I remember from the C4 era on was perfect:

• 1 PK: A handful of mobs
  • 2 PK: 2 handfuls of mobs
  • 3 PK: 5-10 minutes
  • 4 PK: 15 minutes
  • 5 PK: 20 minutes
  • 5+ PK: Probably going to have to force log a few times before karma is gone.

https://imgur.com/a/dOg7orG

R.I.P.

16 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Well considering that there are already permareds that are over level 40 I personally think the penalty should be harsher...

Please explain this logic to me. Because permareds exist, the penalty should be more harsh? By definition, a permared is a toon that never intends to wash it's karma, therefor it would unaffected by the current system.

at least the current system protects you from logged out high level chars that login when you come near a party (of mostly bots) and they want to get rid of you. i remember how stupid it was in the past when most people weren't allowed in high level or rewarding spots. they would pk you and wash their karma in like 10 minutes. sorry but that system was idiotic, meant to protect bots mostly.

20 minutes ago, Vaerinox said:

Please explain this logic to me. Because permareds exist, the penalty should be more harsh? By definition, a permared is a toon that never intends to wash it's karma, therefor it would unaffected by the current system.

It works as well as your "logic"...

The downsides are there to help prevent griefing and it's definitely failing if people over level 40 have no problem going red to grief people. You suggestions would make it even easier on those griefers..

at least the current system protects you from logged out high level chars that login when you come near a party (of mostly bots) and they want to get rid of you. i remember how stupid it was in the past when most people weren't allowed in high level or rewarding spots. they would pk you and wash their karma in like 10 minutes. sorry but that system was idiotic, meant to protect bots mostly.

Yeah it was great fun when the bot train's "enforcer" would log in to gank you out of the area and then wash the PKs away in a short time.

1 minute ago, Tool_of_Society said:

It works as well as your "logic"...

The downsides are there to help prevent griefing and it's definitely failing if people over level 40 have no problem going red to grief people.

Yeah it was great fun when the bot train's "enforcer" would log in to gank you out of the area and then wash the PKs away in a short time.

The fact that you are mocking me makes me want to PK you, you're lucky that I can't.

Yes, there is a downside to correcting the system; at least at that point it would be a system. It is currently a useless feature.

12 minutes ago, beleaua said:

Pick a new spot.

5 minutes ago, Vaerinox said:

The fact that you are mocking me makes me want to PK you, you're lucky that I can't.

Yes, there is a downside to correcting the system; at least at that point it would be a system. It is currently a useless feature.

The fact that you think I'm mocking you says a lot about you and your lack of knowledge.

You call it a useless feature but people far higher level than you are actively using that feature to grief people.

it's interesting that this fellow has no problem with bots and their enforcers pushing legit players out of the game...

Just now, Tool_of_Society said:

You call it a useless feature but people far higher level than you are actively using that feature to grief people.

it's interesting that this fellow has no problem with bots and their enforcers pushing legit players out of the game...

As they should be. If you are stronger, you should be able to push people out of spots you want, or protect your own spot. Unfortunately, as it stands, for every PK, you have to die at least once in return.

I don't want to play side by side with carebears. If you don't want to fight, I want you out of the game.

3 minutes ago, Vaerinox said:

As they should be. If you are stronger, you should be able to push people out of spots you want, or protect your own spot. Unfortunately, as it stands, for every PK, you have to die at least once in return.

I don't want to play side by side with carebears. If you don't want to fight, I want you out of the game.

Thanks for making it clear that your opinion can be completely ignored. Anyone who wants bots to take over the game isn't worth listening to.

What's funny is you're the real carebear. Too scared to have a fair fight you want to be able to pick on weaker targets with impunity.

EDIT : Your topic can be at the top all you want. The developers aren't going to give you what you want because they aren't going to cater to carebears like you.

Just now, Tool_of_Society said:

Thanks for making it clear that your opinion can be completely ignored. Anyone who wants bots to take over the game isn't worth listening to.

What's funny is you're the real carebear. Too scared to have a fair fight you want to be able to pick on weaker targets with impunity.

Nah, let's keep chatting so we can keep my thread at the top of the forum. Your opinion is irrelevant,  just keep responding, kk thanks.

5 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

EDIT : Your topic can be at the top all you want. The developers aren't going to give you what you want because they aren't going to cater to carebears like you.

Give me your in game name, and I will show how carebear I am.

35 minutes ago, Karnz said:

Only if your over level 40 or play on Gludio, all the sub level 40 fields are full at least the good ones are at the level(s) I'm at...

Of course, but imagine if the Karma system was working, and you could dispose of a party in your favorite spot.

Who in their right mind would level a toon to level 40 just to save the spot for farming and having it for PKs? Not talking about level 60, 70 or 75. As well as taking the risk of losing your precious items (because you cannot pk same level chaps with crap gear). ofc some high level clans would do that, but if you are strong enough, you can fight back, or have a group and fight back.

The only downside I see is when high levels PK in low level zones (for that you have a buff). 

PK should be huge part of the game to let others know not to KS your mobs, not to take your spot or pk someone to take their spot and ofc pushing bots away.

Archived