Disconnecting and need help

Auburn

So I normally wouldn't complain about his because it normally falls on deaf ears but I'm on my last nerve. Here's the situation. No matter what I do I DC. At first I thought it might just be me, but then I realized that I only DC on one of my characters. So if I am either macroing or afk in town selling things, whatever client I open up last DC's within 2 to 3 hours of opening, then the 2nd to last, and finally the first. All this happens withing about 4 hours or less.

Reasons I think its not me. If it was my internet connection, I would think that all clients would DC at the same time, like an interruption in service however they DC 1 by one, sometimes hours apart. 2. I run WTFast all the time. 3. I have a very stable internet connection 4. I also have a fast internet connection. 5. reliable computer. 

So everything that I have tried.

Optimize Performance check mark....Failed

WTFast Settings (everything)... Failed

Reset Router... Failed

Reset Computer... Failed

Reset Network Adapter... Failed

Chained Ethernet Cards in Computer... Failed

Payed to something I don't believe in .... Failed

Anyone got some suggestions besides spending more NCoin to appease the L2 gods?

2 hours ago, Auburn said:

So I normally wouldn't complain about his because it normally falls on deaf ears but I'm on my last nerve. Here's the situation. No matter what I do I DC. At first I thought it might just be me, but then I realized that I only DC on one of my characters. So if I am either macroing or afk in town selling things, whatever client I open up last DC's within 2 to 3 hours of opening, then the 2nd to last, and finally the first. All this happens withing about 4 hours or less.

Reasons I think its not me. If it was my internet connection, I would think that all clients would DC at the same time, like an interruption in service however they DC 1 by one, sometimes hours apart. 2. I run WTFast all the time. 3. I have a very stable internet connection 4. I also have a fast internet connection. 5. reliable computer. 

So everything that I have tried.

Optimize Performance check mark....Failed

WTFast Settings (everything)... Failed

Reset Router... Failed

Reset Computer... Failed

Reset Network Adapter... Failed

Chained Ethernet Cards in Computer... Failed

Payed to something I don't believe in .... Failed

Anyone got some suggestions besides spending more NCoin to appease the L2 gods?

If possible .. for 2 ppl ok .. same problem for me too ... and i play other games and i no have problem with connection net...

This began in the last Att game ...

I blame XIGNCODE for it.. never had this problem prior, due to it was forced to change from BattlePing to WTFast and yeah WTFast is actually worse then BP and indeed I get dc's too..

it's kinda fubar being forced to change vpn service for the worst cause of "anti cheat" stuff that barely works.. like always the legit players suffer the most..

47 minutes ago, Draecke said:

I blame XIGNCODE for it.. never had this problem prior, due to it was forced to change from BattlePing to WTFast and yeah WTFast is actually worse then BP and indeed I get dc's too..

it's kinda fubar being forced to change vpn service for the worst cause of "anti cheat" stuff that barely works.. like always the legit players suffer the most..

Yeah not that you mention it, I didn't have the problem before Xingncrap either. I wouldn't mind getting NCSofts official take on this because now I know I'm not the only one.

15 hours ago, Auburn said:

I can't sell anything in town if I can't stay connected.

Can't say if your problem is similar to mine but here's what I've noticed and observed personally.

I'm the type that usually has 3 clients up and usually when I'm done with an instance I tend to leave them for bit for skill CD before doing the next. I sometimes switch to watching a movie and tend to forget about doing the next instance. What I've noticed is that every time I forget to get back to the game, all 3 clients will DC. Tested it again on another occasion same result. All I can conclude is that this is some fantastically amazing coincidence or some *new piece of software* is disconnecting my clients after it "observed" that they were idle. This has never happened to me before.. ever. It's very rare that I DC for no reason and I play from South East Asia. So nowadays I load the shop dwarf on a separate laptop with nothing running so he doesn't DC anymore but I always try to make sure the L2 client always has the "focus" if I'm stepping away or watching a movie (movie runs on another screen).

Again, just sharing my observations and what I think is going on and did in my case.

10 hours ago, cmquake said:

Can't say if your problem is similar to mine but here's what I've noticed and observed personally.

I'm the type that usually has 3 clients up and usually when I'm done with an instance I tend to leave them for bit for skill CD before doing the next. I sometimes switch to watching a movie and tend to forget about doing the next instance. What I've noticed is that every time I forget to get back to the game, all 3 clients will DC. Tested it again on another occasion same result. All I can conclude is that this is some fantastically amazing coincidence or some *new piece of software* is disconnecting my clients after it "observed" that they were idle. This has never happened to me before.. ever. It's very rare that I DC for no reason and I play from South East Asia. So nowadays I load the shop dwarf on a separate laptop with nothing running so he doesn't DC anymore but I always try to make sure the L2 client always has the "focus" if I'm stepping away or watching a movie (movie runs on another screen).

Again, just sharing my observations and what I think is going on and did in my case.

I have noticed this as well, at least kind of, the client that I have active DC's WAY less often then the others in the background. So you might be on to something there.

5 hours ago, Draecke said:

well it's possible that the logic they use to kick inactive non VIP accounts from Classic bleeds over aka is also running on Live servers

WTB VIP on Live? Damnit NCSoft, why is this crap so hard.

I have noticed this behavior as well, I am running 2 PC's one for shops this one has tendencies to DC quite often, the other pc is my home PC at which I am playing. Last night I was runnig shops on both an my home pc was w/o DC in the morning but the 1st one at my work got DC's on all 3 clients. In the past 2 - 3 weeks I get DC's on the work PC almost every day. First I thought it got something to do with classic and their maintenance etc. But yesterday there was a maintenance only on classic and Live server were running fine. Just my shop PC got DC's. Can't figure it out either.

Archived