Dagger classes, why so few?

Glock

Hello, im kinda new to classic experience, started at c2(was complete noob, didnt even knew that tp exists :D ) but spent most time at c6 when it came out.

So a question why I dont see any daggers playing on classic? most of the ppl are archers, wizards, or tanks, but so few daggers running around, whats the deal? are daggers so weak in classic?

Its very squishy, its very MP and gear dependant. If you go melee you have to rest, use healing potions or heal yourself each mob. Some dagger ussers try to grind with a bow and they got a dagger weapon only for pvp. But its slow and time consuming.

In pvp they are awesome.

Actually pre lv 40 using a dagger is quite useless. Bows are way better and help you farm mobs way faster. 

Another reason why daggers are not played so much is 'cause of levels. Daggers will start kicking asses for good after level 77 with Focus Power/Death, but actually our cap is 70. So if you want to PVP in a real good way and gain way higher chances to win, you must be level 51. At that level you should have learned ur prime skills such as Trick (for me as AW), shadow step and hide, all skills that are a MUST for a dagger to survive and make pvp easier.

Last but not least, blow land rate. Since skills are not 100% it's quite a pain to land them in PVP. I had a few PVPs since i made level 43 and i was inside the Aden daily dungeon...fought against a titan. Now, my dmg was pretty low (but that's quite normal w/o runes or vicious etc) and i was landing between 600-1000 damage per skills...and you may say "THAT'S LOT OF DAMAGE!" yeah, if my blows mind to land. I was landing like 1 blow every 2-3. Even backstab fails a lot and it's quite a pain in the ass...this dude had a PP to buff/ress himself, so when he switched to the PP to ress his destro i tried to backstab the PP...i failed 2 blows in a row and just gave up, killed the PP with autoattacks. 

So daggers are a 6/10 for PVP after level 51, can go up to 8/10 with runes and become a full 10/10 pvp char once we'll get 3rd class skills. Once you'll have all of those things, daggers will become a pure killing machine. 

Then they will make the game fully p2w and you will sux a lot but nevermind, enjoy 'till it last, i guess. 

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:59 AM, Glock said:

Hello, im kinda new to classic experience, started at c2(was complete noob, didnt even knew that tp exists :D ) but spent most time at c6 when it came out.

So a question why I dont see any daggers playing on classic? most of the ppl are archers, wizards, or tanks, but so few daggers running around, whats the deal? are daggers so weak in classic?

mostly because they are bad atm, I just did some tests and blow rate is about 40% for death stab and maybe 70% for backstab ( I  have +4 str and +4 dex dyes on ). Also I think there is some bug since if I stand still behind a mob(1-2 secs be4 I press the skill) I land it more often (90% with backstab), while when I cast the skill while I run, I miss it most of the time. And I don't even wanna talk about evasion atm since its almost 0 at lvl 46, making leather armor not really worth wearing. Maybe will change around lvl 70 with more passive learnt but long way till there

Hello, I'm Treasure Hunter and i play this class for years in every chronicle, almost lv 42 atm and got Mithril Dagger and like 3 m adena, Box PP and playing solo all the time, its a good class if u know how to play it, don't hear to those who said its pointless to play dagger, its a funny class that can f*ck asses in the right hands.

For my experience in classic,i can tell u this:

- U can lvl a dagger with bow till 70+,maybe even more,u dont lose so many pw atk from a real archer,lvling with bow is for sure faster 
- problems:  they let dyes stay +5,so it means your pve will anyway be a pain and it means also that they will probably not put out runes in the same way we used to know in other classic versions,since if dyes +12 are an unbalance feature,so are othell runes.now,without runes and with only +5 max on str,your dmg and land rate probably will not be enough to be as strong as daggers usually are in pvp in classic.
Even with runes and +12 str(multiplier for crit on skill) anyway u really need to have good equipment to be effective(u need superothell rune,for example),it's not like u go around one-shotting ppl,so in a server where u barely survive with adena (for now) i'd say it's hard.

Summary: it's a fun class,one of the most fun,but at now is hard to say if they are worth it,honestly i played dagger in classic but w/o runes and ++ str i would not recommend it.
This said,the best class is the one u enjoy most

Archived