Thinking in a Paladin

Levx

Ok, big question (since I'm crazy enough to think in a Paladin). In lv43 u have both passives (holy armor and blade) and I think u can stack it with "Holy Weapon". 

If I go full undeads with a good blunt, I think I'll make decent pve (I'm sure the biggest tank dmg is the DA with that freakin panther).

What do u think about it?, I use to solo like this with a sws (but with sword + focus) in interlude killing undeads all the day xD.

nWoxfqr.png

If you are thinking about solo i wouldnt think of any tank at the current state.

With the current adena rates you will be forced to farm w/o shots sooner or later, add that to the already low damage tanks have and imagine how slow the farm will be.

Holy weapon + blade wont make up. i tested it on my archer with holy weapon only, the difference is minimal 240 (w/o holy weap)  to 250 (with holy weap)

The only way i can think for tanks to lvl atm is with parties (aoe for the best results)

Uhmm, so u are tellin me, make u dps or u won't be able to lv up? :( that sounds very sad. I like the idea to lv up in party with another guy + his/her buffer or solo with a buffer (box).

I'm maniging to lv up till this point (earlys 20), I'll see how is going.

Paladin is absolutly not worth it. As tank is the same as Dark Avenger, the same defence, same HP, same shield mastery, same agressions, same stun. Paladin get a skill that boost his defensive for 1 minute every 5 minutes cooldown, wich is decent defensive, boost little offensive.. Thouse passive "Holy" are big crap.
On the other hand Dark Avenger has Panther a big boost to dps, even without shots will be like 2 tanks with good weapon with shots hitting. Also has Horror, big debuff both pvp and pve, great to crowd control. Also Harmstring, excelent for pvp. 

If you want a defensive tank go temple knight. At least it has very nice boost to shield defence rate, 360 block and more pdef due guard stance. 

For pve both Dark Avenger or Shillien Knight can be very decent. I think will be more wanted Shillien knight due Hex , but Dark Avenger do add some dps with panther. 

Anyway dont go paladin it do not get better on other patchs. 

If you are a Human Knight the only route is Dark Avenger..

:( at this rate I'll leave behind my human tank... with Light Elf the problem is the very low dmg output and no stun... that's why I changed to human knight, due to the stun + heal + others tank skills. With light elf is leveling with full "white attacks" and lv9 power strike.

A number of tests were done on classic. Each holy weapon buff ( Aura, buff, dance etc ) only increases damage by roughly 3%.

Paladin is not as bad as people are implying here. No tank is good for group pvp right now. Later on, Paladins get a group buff thats quite powerful ( different update version then what we are on ). Sacrifice is quite powerful in general for heals.

The reason why people point to DA so often is Horror. Its got a stupidly high land rate, making them incredible in 1v1 pvp ( olympiad, etc ), and the panther is good for leveling solo ( which a tank really shouldnt do anyway ).

Really you should probably be playing SK. Has great CC. Just as good in 1v1 PvP. Later gets a mass aoe paralyze. Has Aegis. Has Cubics, etc.

On 18/11/2018 at 12:00 AM, Executor said:

A number of tests were done on classic. Each holy weapon buff ( Aura, buff, dance etc ) only increases damage by roughly 3%.

Paladin is not as bad as people are implying here. No tank is good for group pvp right now. Later on, Paladins get a group buff thats quite powerful ( different update version then what we are on ). Sacrifice is quite powerful in general for heals.

The reason why people point to DA so often is Horror. Its got a stupidly high land rate, making them incredible in 1v1 pvp ( olympiad, etc ), and the panther is good for leveling solo ( which a tank really shouldnt do anyway ).

Really you should probably be playing SK. Has great CC. Just as good in 1v1 PvP. Later gets a mass aoe paralyze. Has Aegis. Has Cubics, etc.

Debuff is the main reason why, if you want to play tank, DA and SK are the best options.  The Horror is anoying on any pvp situation, it has short cooldown and nice duration. Also thouse tank are more capable to assist on killing and also drawing attention to them, agression is still a usefull tool to keep healer protected, but sure mass agros cooldown prevent the tank class to be more usefull on thouse mass pvp scenarios....
On Classic  archers and mages have the advantage.... but hey  play whathever you like the best XD.

On 18/11/2018 at 1:20 AM, Levx said:

Also, maybe the elf knight should be a sws, at least will be easier to get parties

Not really, for mass aoe pve still need a tank, to keep agro on him while running in circles XD. Also a sws to speed song, and for this kind of job elf tank is the best. 
But for sure a sws is a welcome addition to any table..
Now as you point out the "holy tank" paradigma i think was the best for you to know that, in that area, the elf tank do has  an advantage over the other tanks, where paladin do not. Paladin is a cleric with little mp, on heavy that can fast heal someone by killing himself xD ... 

Thats why i point out.. if you want Human Tank, go DA.
If not well sws or Tk are decent options, considering sws to have better dps due more critical attacks.

SK is a really nice option also, but need to invest on CON  to have decent block rate...

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, AngelicArchon said:

Play what you want, DA is OP with fear and what not, but Paladin is just so much more fun to play, and just requires more skill.

If he was so "fun" to play you would see people playing him. As for skill I don't see any good tools in his skill set so that you could tell good paladin from bad unless it's something that can be applied to any class.
If they actually tweaked his current skills or added new ones he could be fun. Like why not make holy strike work on any target add a bit range and dmg then you have at least one ranged skill.

15 hours ago, GrimoireWeiss said:

If he was so "fun" to play you would see people playing him. As for skill I don't see any good tools in his skill set so that you could tell good paladin from bad unless it's something that can be applied to any class.
If they actually tweaked his current skills or added new ones he could be fun. Like why not make holy strike work on any target add a bit range and dmg then you have at least one ranged skill.

Well, They have Divine Blessing, and Sacrifice which are great for support, and Angelic Archon for more tankness. Instead of just focusing on assist, fear or target fear whats in front of you, you actually focus on taunt, stun while throw Sacrifices out to whom needs an instant heal. The Class is more interactive than people think, and sure atm it's not the best, but you still have a job to do. 

6 hours ago, AngelicArchon said:

Well, They have Divine Blessing, and Sacrifice which are great for support, and Angelic Archon for more tankness. Instead of just focusing on assist, fear or target fear whats in front of you, you actually focus on taunt, stun while throw Sacrifices out to whom needs an instant heal. The Class is more interactive than people think, and sure atm it's not the best, but you still have a job to do. 

mmm  For heal you have healer... 

Dark Avenger focus also on Taunt STUN and also provides DAMAGE.  Dude most ppl do not like it cause it can not sustain by itself, on classic there are tons of "solo areas":
Also on pvp is useless, that Fear on pvp is something.
Is funny how ppl forget that both PA and DA have the same base skills, taunt and stun is meta for both, then DA have skills that are helpfull and Paladin dont, simple as that.
Besides, to be honest, tank are not the best class to play on classic anyway, not really needed. But DA at least is stronger, and a lot stronger than pala

Archived