LUC stat and enchant

DestinyOfDragon

Hello, I'm listening from many players that the LUC stat effects the enchant success rate.
But as I read in l2wiki
"Luck gives characters a greater chance for success when crafting, dodging, and even finding loot drops. If Luck triggers when spoil and sweep or plunder is used, players will receive double items. Additionally, players can dodge lethal blows with luck. If Luck triggers during hunting, you can obtain a Fortune Bag - Stage 1 ."

I don't see anything about enchanting. So what's the truth?

It's true, LUC is mandatory for serious enchanting.

LUC helps a little something with the base success chance, but mostly it increases your chance to have Lady Luck trigger (= 100% successful enchant). With high LUC stat you can have around 22% chance to get Lady Luck'ed if I remember right.

Good luck!

On 11/20/2018 at 11:42 AM, OmenOfSteel said:

It's true, LUC is mandatory for serious enchanting.

LUC helps a little something with the base success chance, but mostly it increases your chance to have Lady Luck trigger (= 100% successful enchant). With high LUC stat you can have around 22% chance to get Lady Luck'ed if I remember right.

Good luck!

Why you talking about things which you not understand?

Luc stat on Naia server - not working - i read all admins test from other official servers (also Nania) - they show that Luc chance 1/5 -1/4 if Luc 55-60. But not in Naia. I make test use EWR 300 times - in different days, in different time (so random ok) - and from 300 times get just 3 Luc Lady :) (My Luc 58-65 - depends what im using). So im was just stupit that invest in +15 Luc dyes - in fact - its not wort. ...also armor creation - from last 20 times - i get just 1... Lady. Nice :) Luc chances working jus when you crafting "shots" - for fun - just becouse its nice :)

Just remember how all enchants work. From the minute you click the enchant scroll the system says, "fail, maybe not fail, maybe not fail." It's never been, "fail, succeed, succeed." LUC helps increase the odds of you maybe not failing. That's all it does.

It is still possible for characters with 60+ LUC to still have lots of fails. There are days when I can go weeks without failing, only to have weeks where I don't have a single successful enchant. That happened to me in the last update. I made two +16 weapons back to back within the space of ten days. But right after that, my luck tanked. I failed on just about everything, including on enchants where I used stones that increased my odds by 30%. Ordinarily you wouldn't think a 30% boost combined with a very high LUC stat,, Maphr +8 T-shirt, etc., would fail, but there I was, crapping out at an alarming rate. My luck didn't change again for the better until after the current update.

All that said, I don't believe that we'll ever get the truth on enchants. Like when they would tell us that ALL weapons have the same enchant success rate only to find out much, much later that mage weapons definitely had some kind of hidden modifier that made them more difficult to over-enchant. Even now, some items like boots and gloves seem easier to over-enchant compared to shirts and pants.

On 28.11.2018 at 4:36 PM, Olialia said:

Why you talking about things which you not understand?

Luc stat on Naia server - not working - i read all admins test from other official servers (also Nania) - they show that Luc chance 1/5 -1/4 if Luc 55-60. But not in Naia. I make test use EWR 300 times - in different days, in different time (so random ok) - and from 300 times get just 3 Luc Lady :) (My Luc 58-65 - depends what im using). So im was just stupit that invest in +15 Luc dyes - in fact - its not wort. ...also armor creation - from last 20 times - i get just 1... Lady. Nice :) Luc chances working jus when you crafting "shots" - for fun - just becouse its nice :)

If you think 300 test and 20 test give an empiric result, you're clueless. Simply ask any pro enchanter on NAIA before you post here again.

Also note that real enchanters nowadays have 80+ LUC at the least.

On 11/24/2018 at 7:23 PM, OmenOfSteel said:

you only get the 100 coin reward if there is a winner selected while you have the buff active.

It looks like the chance to have a winner is around/below 20% or so.

I know this. And About "empiric results", and about 80+ Luc. And all - what im doing - im write results in google.sheet. Im my statistic - i see wery "funny" things. And about "LUC" chances 1/4 or 1/5 mean just one - 1/4 or 1/5. Not like now... 1/5 = 1/100... :) And I know in which way chances formula working. If im not write nothing here - not mean that im not play L2 15 years. I play more. Im have personal calculator craf, echant and etc. - which make log time... So RELAX.

I think you miss-quoted in your reply.

However, I suggest you ask the pro-enchanters on NAIA and they will tell you the true Lady Luck chance.

You can easy find the pro's, just follow the system messages of ppl how all the time create +10/+12 armors or +15/+16 weapons.

Good luck :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 12:18 PM, OmenOfSteel said:

I think you miss-quoted in your reply.

However, I suggest you ask the pro-enchanters on NAIA and they will tell you the true Lady Luck chance.

You can easy find the pro's, just follow the system messages of ppl how all the time create +10/+12 armors or +15/+16 weapons.

Good luck :)

My last try:

luc 60 ewr luc lady %
  247 3 1.21%

Oficial we have: 

luc 60 21.20%

Yes - 247 try.. not so much... but difference from 21.20% its not =+/-5%, not +/-10%... even not +/-50%... its ~20 times... :)

But ok - not problem - i don care.

P.S: WTF is "proc's" - people who spend 500-1000$ (even more) to make +16? ... Who care about it... For normal gamer... from game - its approx imposible. If you are super active - in game you can get.... 100-500kk adena per day (include AH) (>~0.01% getting more then 500kk per day). About what we talking... :)

On 12/3/2018 at 1:10 PM, Berila said:

whit LUC stat you have more luck but the luck is the luck i have 35 LUC and enchant my eternal robe +8 only expend 2b. the luck is in you no in the game :P

Hard to discuss with people when believe in luck... Man.. now XXI age...

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes no matter how much LUC you have with all the goodies you add to increase this stat, the LUC just don't trigger so often in comparison to some other times with even less LUC :) Before anyone start to enchant - just test the lady luck triggering. If it's ok - go for it. If not - try another time. But don't push your luck!:)

Archived