Respectfully, when do you respond?

HiccUps

About 1/2 hr ago, this post appeared. To my knowledge, it isn't against any Rule to quote, so:

".......And for what it's worth, if I wanted to silence all criticism on the forums I wouldn't be this ineffective at it! Plenty of people have expressed frustration and critical opinions in ways that are perfectly acceptable on these forums. For those who can't do this and follow the forum guidelines at the same time—and who claim (falsely) that it's a freedom of speech issue—we'll take the appropriate moderation actions. It's not a threat or a power trip. It's a follow through on the guidelines you're required to adhere to in order to maintain posting access on the official L2 forums."

History

- It is well known that your stance has been "we can't change success rates" & "we can't change pricing models". Therefore, you have put to bed any need to respond to what you are referring to above. You leave threads/posts up so people can blow off steam; however, have never taken it seriously enough to affect change. Rightly or wrongly, this is fairly apparent.

So here's the question(s):

1. When probability and cost are not questioned (albeit because there is no apparent success in beating a dead horse and/or speaking to a deaf ear), why do you deem questions as to the permanent availability of ALL ITEMS in an L2 STORE ones that you can/should ignore?

2. Do you not think that ALL PLAYERS, NEW PLAYERS, RETURNING PLAYERS are integral for the game's success and in turn your success as oversight for this game?

3. Does it not stand to reason that the idea of a 2 yr cycle is flawed? Do you in turn expect players to wait that long who want to be competitive in either PVP or PVE?

4. Why are ALL ITEMS not permanently in an L2 STORE? Why isn't RED LIBRA a permanent L2 STORE ITEM?

5. Why is it not REALISTIC & LOGICAL to allow players the opportunity to buy what they want, when they want? Do you actually think that when people put in the money to BUY ALL ITEMS they will leave and walk away?

6. Does the ability to buy ALL ITEMS all the time somehow preclude you from adding in new items?

This post is not looking for flames...it is not looking to get into price & success rate discussion.....it is looking for an OVERSIGHT ANSWER and realistically, there is no reason at all why one should not be forthcoming - one doesn't need to bring attn. to threads (else they get locked), so....ball is in your court...O.o

A word about procedure:
If you are looking for an "OVERSIGHT ANSWER" you should not post on the forum but send Conguero a PM via the letter icon at the top of this page, asking him to forward your questions/suggestions to the relevant department, in this case NCWest Chief Financial Officer Eric Garay resp. his secretary.

If the honorable Mr. Garay deems you worthy of an answer, he will tell you what the more enlightened players have been writing here on this forum for quite some time: the "buy now before it is too late" approach works.

The fundamentally flawed assumption that you and many others are making is that NCsoft would be interested in maintaining L2@NCWest for a longer period of time. This is not the case. NCWest CFO Eric Garay is responsible for NCWest as a whole, and NCsoft CFO Yun Jae-su is responsible for the global company as a whole. Lineage 2 is just one among 11 NCsoft games that are currently on the market:
http://www.plaync.com/
And that's not counting the games which are under development (check my posts for links to NCsoft's resp. NCWest's recruitment pages), i.e. needing money without generating a revenue.

The cold hard truth is, as long as there are enough dimwits who buy Circlet Packs or whatever, the operations will be kept up, in precisely the way it is done now, and when the revenue does not cover the cost any more, Kim Taek-jin will pull the plug without a moment's hesitation. MxM has now been shut down in Korea as well, and the next candidate for the chopping block is L2@NCJapan. Keep an eye on this page:
http://www.ncsoft.jp/lineage2/

Well there we have it, who needs anyone but Yidao. Your best bet, try here: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/careers/#all , you seem to have all the right stuff and alarming stalking ability down pat.

By the way, your doom & gloom, your name dropping, your dimwit reference to anyone purchasing item(s) suggests nothing but a very sad individual who is/was way too engaged in a fantasy game.....not to mention, a tad presumptuous that this warranted your input at all. Flame on but you will be standing at the urinal by yourself, the post made its point prior to your *cough* valuable rhetoric.

15 minutes ago, HiccUps said:

Well there we have it, who needs anyone but Yidao. Your best bet, try here: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/careers/#all , you seem to have all the right stuff and alarming stalking ability down pat.

By the way, your doom & gloom, your name dropping, your dimwit reference to anyone purchasing item(s) suggests nothing but a very sad individual who is/was way too engaged in a fantasy game.....not to mention, a tad presumptuous that this warranted your input at all. Flame on but you will be standing at the urinal by yourself, the post made its point prior to your *cough* valuable rhetoric.

Hey Hicc, I know what half of the members here are really aggressive/rude, but I don't think that's the way Yidao's reply was intended. :) He's more pointing out how NCSoft doesn't care about whether the game lasts any longer or whether us "peasant" players are worthy of their response, simply that they make money. The "Limited time only" offers are the best way for them to make a ton of money off their items and gambling events. As money is more important than their product (L2) they don't care for our opinion on this stuff, they won't change anything until the day (this year or next?) that they pull the plug on L2.

Flaming on Yidao its unacceptable for most of us, becouse he's prodigios activity related to this game. its not neccessary to be rude, or unpolite with a person who are one of the most known voice in lineage forum, and for sure he exactly know the real situation of the game, from the roots. its like you want to kill the priest, becouse he's telling you the truth, and yeah, apocalypse its comming, we have enough signs for that, only a blind person cannot see all this dramatic changes with our beloved game.

and as a supplement, in the past, big events was one per 6 months, now they are montly, so the big ball is rolling, and it becames bigger and bigger, merge after merge, till they will shot down the lights.

only we can hope they will still keep a single server, as diablo II remains for old nostalgic players. the only difference will be between korean Ncsoft menthality and american Blizzard menthality. Banzaiii !!!

Hi,

With all do respect, a few pts to consider:

- Does it really need to be said that this company (based on product sales) isn't in the business to be altruistic & philanthropic? Maybe to the naïve, or the we want everything for free quality individuals  - but for the most part, reiterating this only satisfies the one who wants to hear himself/herself talk.

- The post was intended to:

a. Find out, after having a thread closed, if w/e oversight could address a topic that was not "success or cost" based.

b. Find out what logical reason would preclude all items being available 24/7 & 365 days per year.

What the post did was address a 2 yr cycle idiocy which logically will not attract either 'new' or 'returning' without an asinine long-term frustration of getting wtf-pawned by mobs and other players. It also went without saying that people's budgets are what they are - small, med, large, or none at all. They will spend what they deem appropriate based on a multitude of subjective factors. It should also go without saying that by having a fully-comprehensive store, people will be able to buy what they want, when they want. Logically, when a new item is put into the store - the SAME frenzy will occur making the same amount of money for the company given the underlying premise to be on top or acquire item(s) that benefit the toon. It should also go without saying that the people who are still around have put significant time & money into the toon - why else would anyone put up with the absolute BS. What should also be apparent is that the fully-comprehensive store would stand a much better chance of attracting both new and old players given they have the ability to catch up more so than the current 'buy it now or else' flawed thinking. Ah, so now we are at the logical end if implemented....more people...more money to nc...longer life - still plagued by asinine 'success' and 'cost', but that was never the point of the post. :)

1 hour ago, N4zgul said:

... only we can hope they will still keep a single server, as diablo II remains for old nostalgic players.

In fact this is the plan, at least as far as the NCsoft management is concerned (the shareholders, mainly the National Pension Service, increasingly disapprove). Yun Jae-su, speaking for CEO Kim Taek-jin, wants to maintain at least one server of NCsoft's "heritage games" as a kind of PTS for the mobile versions, as a "quarry" from which content can be dug out and ported to other platforms:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=407&start=1930#p36829 (August 2017)
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2106#p37775 (February 2018)

Of course that one server will be located in Korea, but I could well imagine that it will be opened to foreigners, like some years ago the Korean PTS.

@ Hicc:
No flames were intended, I was just trying to provide practical help. Seriously, if you want an official answer you must contact the officers, not make forum posts. Of course, when you send a PM to Conguero, he will probably reply that he is not at liberty to discuss NCWest's business model, so I simply provided you with information that has been published by NCsoft in the past. I don't stalk, I don't hack the company's database, I simply quote publicly available material.

3 hours ago, HiccUps said:

Oh look,I can post again after 7 days forum-Banana-Vacation :)

On topic:
It can't be argued that Yidao has done a lot for the community of L2 with Rochand. Still I jumped on him a few times in the past for exact same reason you have mentioned: his apocalypse preaching. He is doing this since many years already when in my opinion it wasnt justified. I took a lot effort to defend the game from the "damages" dealt by forum doomsday preachers.

I still love this game a lot, but the current route it is taking under new Leadership with that massive P2W overkill warrants all the gloomsday talk, which makes me sad.

NAIA is as dead as never before. It's still fun to play as at least DH is still strong, but apart from that the server is a wasteland and the reason is P2W extreme. Some of my long-time friends recently stopped L2 (one after 13 years playing almost without breaks, cya Nara!), many familiar nicks on Naia are currently selling off their gear standing half-naked in Aden.
Few new or returning players still come, but changes need to be applied to give these players a reason to stay here.

My hope that things will get better are low.

For now I will keep on playing this game as I still have a lot of fun in HUSARIA and with my CP. But for given reasons I have even stopped that small L2-Store purchases I have done here and there in the past (I never spent much). My prestige pack still active and that's it. I would miss L2 if it dies, but if nothing changes that is exactly what is bound to happen, probably rather soon :(

Archived