Observations. (and resulting question...)

I've been playing a couple weeks now, and have observed a few things.  First, it's a lot different than when I played years ago.  That's ok, I don't mind working for what I get, as long as it's possible to get it.  I do mind leveling up faster than I can drop/craft/earn gear appropriate to my level.  We should get either less XP, or more drops. (not necessarily adena, but mats and key mats)

Second, I did not notice any difference in the drop rate as described in the vip explanation.

Third, and this is of key import, is what I saw on this last weekend during the so-called 50% bonus event.  It claimed that the XP/SP/item drop rate would be +50%.  One single example of the SP bonus: SP 21 (bonus 1).

Here is the question:  On what planet is 1 (one) considered to be 50% of 20?????

If this example of faulty math is across the board, it could well explain why VIP bonuses do not appear to be being given.  When they say something is a 50% gain, are they really only giving 5%?

Also, is it possible to put an XP disabler in the store? Something we could buy per char, and toggle on/off as needed, to combat the problem of out-leveling  the gear we need?

3 hours ago, GrannyChill said:

I've been playing a couple weeks now, and have observed a few things.  First, it's a lot different than when I played years ago.  That's ok, I don't mind working for what I get, as long as it's possible to get it.  I do mind leveling up faster than I can drop/craft/earn gear appropriate to my level.  We should get either less XP, or more drops. (not necessarily adena, but mats and key mats)

Second, I did not notice any difference in the drop rate as described in the vip explanation.

Third, and this is of key import, is what I saw on this last weekend during the so-called 50% bonus event.  It claimed that the XP/SP/item drop rate would be +50%.  One single example of the SP bonus: SP 21 (bonus 1).

Here is the question:  On what planet is 1 (one) considered to be 50% of 20?????

If this example of faulty math is across the board, it could well explain why VIP bonuses do not appear to be being given.  When they say something is a 50% gain, are they really only giving 5%?

Also, is it possible to put an XP disabler in the store? Something we could buy per char, and toggle on/off as needed, to combat the problem of out-leveling  the gear we need?

just go die a handful of times to de-level

8 hours ago, GrannyChill said:

IThird, and this is of key import, is what I saw on this last weekend during the so-called 50% bonus event.  It claimed that the XP/SP/item drop rate would be +50%.  One single example of the SP bonus: SP 21 (bonus 1).

Try the same mob now. You will be surprised.

4 hours ago, Krissa said:

Try the same mob now. You will be surprised.

Are you saying the 50% was IN the 20, and the extra 1 was from something else?  "Cause I'll buy that, seeing as how skimpy they are with SP...  :P

Also, I DO de-level by committing "suicide by mob", but it is SO tedious. 

Archived