Issue with summoner profits

McBacon

I am 40lvl Warlock that would like to farm with beast shots using my main summon. It's miserable to see your adena disappear if you farm with beast shots using your pet.

Summoners have a skill at lvl 40 that converts 4 soulstones to 40 beast soulshots. I've done some basic math and here what I got:

I've spent 55,000 adena so I could make 1500 beast soulshots. Kai the Cat uses 2x soulshots so basically it's for 750 attacks. After I've used all soulshots only by using my cat to farm I've earned 11,248 adena in Sea of Spores.

I mean how bad is that ? Why I can't profit from farming with my cat using soulshots insted I lose adena 5:1 ratio. This is insane. Any Staff members have something to say ? Please.

Simple principe on classic:

- Monday: lvling 40+ character
- Thuesday: hunting Adena in Orc Barracs with low lvl char.
- Wednesday: lvling 40+ character
- Thursday: hunting Adena in Orc Barracs with low lvl char.
- Friday: lvling 40+ character
- Saturday: hunting Adena in Orc Barracs with low lvl char.
- Sunday: lvling 40+ character

Silly logic but done by many players.
Very annoing whe you try to hunt your main on lvl 30 and all around you are bots or players with top D gear.
It's sad.... and "sad" spelled backwards is "das"... das is German and DAS IST NICHT GUT!

BTW, IDK about you but, did it ever cross you mind that it was possible to farm without SS ?

I mena it's slower but you don't spend adena...

Isn't this all because you all want to be high lvl faster and use SS all the time ?

I think the idea of making consummable expensive is just global to this server, it's not just cursed bones, even SS are only to be used on PVP and Bosses maybe, not for your everyday farm.

Granted, if you play alone it's long, but a full party without SS is totaly able to farm well

5 minutes ago, Grimblee said:

did it ever cross you mind that it was possible to farm without SS ?

So lets take out soulshots out of the game with that logic. Why farm with ss 2 hours when you can farm same amount of mobs without ss for 4 hours with 100% profit ? Well, simple answer: I have a life.

44 minutes ago, McBacon said:

So lets take out soulshots out of the game with that logic. Why farm with ss 2 hours when you can farm same amount of mobs without ss for 4 hours with 100% profit ? Well, simple answer: I have a life.

Well, if you have a life just go on high rate privates where you can instantly pvp and stop crying on a hardcore, low-ressource server :S

Or better, play the same without SS and just go slower ? What's the problem ?

I think the issue here is we have a load of capricious ppl who want everything fast. You're on a hardcore server, it's meant to be slow and hard.

Anyway, I think this kind of people will soon be weeded out naturaly as they see their wishes are not granted :)

2 hours ago, McBacon said:

L2 was always about fast-tracking alts to endgame. The 1st/2nd main was usually a pain in the ass, due to needing to choose weapon or armor or shots.

F2P classic has taken this to the next level, at least from my point of view. Honestly, using shots on non-OE weapons (min +10 phy and +8 mag) is just the same as destroying adena. It's even worse with non-OE bows.

Only a few chronicles existed in the entire L2 history where mostly all endgame content was freely accessible (yes, I mean HF; the only thing some players were lacking was OE TOPMOST tier S84 armor). L2 was always about knowing there's better gear than you are currently using that would make your life much easier, but not being able to reach it anytime soon.

If you want the best gear for each grade with minimal effort, sorry, but no.

20 hours ago, McBacon said:

Devoid what the hell are you talking about ? Summoners don't need gear to level up. All we ask is that our pets could use shots and not go in to debt while doing so.

Classic is different. At Classic they do need a gear, as Summoners were given a few skills to increase their own dps, so that they can hit as well/even better than their summons. Just farm for a nice gear without using beast ss, and then you'll see that with a nice C weapon and without using beast SS you'll be farming faster.

On 06/12/2018 at 3:01 PM, McBacon said:

Devoid what the hell are you talking about ? Summoners don't need gear to level up. All we ask is that our pets could use shots and not go in to debt while doing so.

When you see things such as Power Supremacy or Spirit Sharing... also later on you'll get Servitor Share.

Even your passives have p.atk bonuses.

Imho I would go two handers + light armor :P

Archived