client crash with "insufficient memory" when you still got 10.9GB FREE RAM

My L2 clients are running fine, they never exceed 2GB, and I haven't heard of any memory issues recently. It must be something on your computer. First make sure Windows and drivers are updated. Then review all apps installed on your computer and update or uninstall those which could be touching L2 in some way, especially those that overlay some info on screen within the L2 window (TS, amd/nvidia stuff, performance monitoring apps, ...). Check your AV too.

you guys missing the point -- the whole memory leak is a known bug by NCsoft, it's not really my OS or PC...  and showing you how much memory (RAM) i have left, isn't to debate your intellect on 32-bit memory addressing maximum size... I knew that even before you were born.  the point is, memory RAM management is a real problem, the longer you keep running the clients over the span of the 7 days maximum.  

you guys obviously haven't played enough LIneage2 in the past 15 years to know there has always been a RAM leak issue.  I'm talking to @Hime and the rest of NCsoft senior staff.  I am also asking if any players experience this type of crashing - seeing an error on insufficient memory even though you have lots of ample memory left?  But anyways, I digress.

please don't try to counter me with your PC knowledge unless you have wrote Assembly x86 stack on 8088 and 8086 processors - that's before the 286, 386, 486 and Pentium days.  I even program TI99/4A on a cassette tape.  I don't want to go back further.

not to brag or anything - currently I run a 40 processors Xeon super computer that can simulate a hydrogen bomb or a tornado with ability to spun up nearly unlimited virtual machines with any RAM configuration size I want.  

I am hoping the face lift of Unreal Engine 4.0 that is secretly at work at Korea HQ for a 15 year old game Lineage II would once and for all get rid of the memory leak bug for the client.  we might have to wait 2 years though in 2022.

Edited by GhostintheShell

Based on your conditions I'm qualified to counter you...

But actually I'm just wondering why you make the whole point of "Lineage 2 client crash with "insufficient memory" when you still got 10.9GB FREE RAM." when you're aware of the 32bit client. (that plus wondering about how this turned into an "my junk is bigger" thread ^^)

I'm not discussing that the L2 client has its problems, and that I'm lucky that I rarely(never?) got an out of memory even after playing for longer times in the last 15 years. My crashes were most of the time due to some issues with the graphic card driver .. or it was crashing while/after wanting to close the client. 

On 1/7/2020 at 7:58 AM, Keyra said:

Based on your conditions I'm qualified to counter you...

But actually I'm just wondering why you make the whole point of "Lineage 2 client crash with "insufficient memory" when you still got 10.9GB FREE RAM." when you're aware of the 32bit client. (that plus wondering about how this turned into an "my junk is bigger" thread ^^)

I'm not discussing that the L2 client has its problems, and that I'm lucky that I rarely(never?) got an out of memory even after playing for longer times in the last 15 years. My crashes were most of the time due to some issues with the graphic card driver .. or it was crashing while/after wanting to close the client. 

oh alright... you win.  i lose.  how's that?  hehehe.