best gear to get for othell

frankznbeanz

heres what i got

106 level most skills +7, +12 bloody dd 3sa 8-8, ruby 4, rare pack, hellfire, abundance 1, lvl 3 jewels from exalted, venir 11, blackbird clan talisman lvl 10, artificat book lvl 2, elemnta artifact, +5 kaliels bracelet, tauros agathion, and everything else from 105 exalted including armor.

If you're going pve.. Why Othell? Genuine question. Single target only skills, gotta move to target, low damage due to positioning constraints.. Unless you're playing a Fortune Seeker with a CP I don't get it and even then, we all know why you're there.. it's not your damage.

Also I would love to help but in no way could I in good faith point someone to spend time and or money on a dead class. There's small love coming down the pipeline but it's marginal and will more than likely hardly effect, if at all, the classes standing. Especially going by Korean reception.

If you're strictly pve, go something cheap to run like a summoner. Or something with more utility like a Tyrr/Evi? Want strictly dps? The king, Yul, of course.. Followed by a close second with slightly higher utility, Feoh.

If you just love the class? Well, perhaps you'll find someone else sadistic enough to guide you down that thorny path. I will say, you'll end up paying a lot more than your peers playing other classes to be as effective.

On 3/27/2020 at 9:22 PM, TheHaggarDagger said:

If you're going pve.. Why Othell? Genuine question. Single target only skills, gotta move to target, low damage due to positioning constraints.. Unless you're playing a Fortune Seeker with a CP I don't get it and even then, we all know why you're there.. it's not your damage.

Also I would love to help but in no way could I in good faith point someone to spend time and or money on a dead class. There's small love coming down the pipeline but it's marginal and will more than likely hardly effect, if at all, the classes standing. Especially going by Korean reception.

If you're strictly pve, go something cheap to run like a summoner. Or something with more utility like a Tyrr/Evi? Want strictly dps? The king, Yul, of course.. Followed by a close second with slightly higher utility, Feoh.

If you just love the class? Well, perhaps you'll find someone else sadistic enough to guide you down that thorny path. I will say, you'll end up paying a lot more than your peers playing other classes to be as effective.

So, my othell kills faster than similarly equipped yul for single targets. Yes, yul can AoE, but othell scales on both normal crit damage and skill crit damage, the former being much easier to start with adena-wise. My information is that othells, at end game, hits harder than yuls for single target, which is overkill in pvp at times, but for pve it means daggers can fight harder mobs for better xp/drops, and bosses melt under othells.

One thing I found about the aoe argument, is that there aren't many aoe spots in the game now, coal mines is the only place where AoE *really* matters, otherwise xp spots are either limited by spawn rate, or have ranged mobs that mean they're spread out enough for aoe to be less effective. Sure AoE is still going to be better xp, but not nearly as huge a deal as people say.

Positioning: I have played Fortune Seeker and Wind Rider up to 105/107, shadow chase cooldown is pretty fast, you can pretty much use it for every mob, it lands very well in pve and then you only need a few stabs after that to kill a mob. Otherwise, my WR has flanking stabs meaning I really don't worry too much about face tanking mobs. I rarely see an issue in my autohunt macro.

PoM (Heirophant 101 buff) is a *significant* boost to othell damage. It's 56.25% more damage provided it's a skill crit, and othells skill crit 90+% of the time from behind (and flank if WR), with party xp bonus, it makes sense to duo with a heirophant.

My current gear:

• +5 bloody r99 shaper 5/5 (yes single hand, I'm adding a r110 shield for +skill power later)
  • exalted armour, exalted cloak
  • longing, 7 signs, venir 10
  • ruby3,opal3...etc. exalted quest freebies
  • ekimus belt

I kill as fast as or faster than +12 bloody r99 yuls at beleths. Only ppl I see so far that kill faster than me: evis on steel mind.

Next things I'm working on:

• +7/10/15 elmore cloak (I'll see what I can get my hands on given the resources I have)
  • +12 my weapon
  • attempt to get +15% crit damage augment
  • upgrade dragon shirt
  • get dragon/angels ring (same thing as PoM, double stacking crit and skill crit damage, 15% -> 32.25% more damage), considering paulina's ring for same effect but only 30 day (hint: oly warriors ring has same effect)
  • enchant skills to +10 (currently only a handful at +5)
  • artifacts

Othells are actually one of the easiest classes to gear *initially* so they're not completely useless at 105, your exalted weapon and armor will get you to 107 without issues *SOLOING*. They have an easier gear progression than Yuls; even if Yuls are the most OP class in the game, it's hard to gear one to that degree, I chew up yuls on rando xp spot pvp on my WR, it's not even fair. But a well geared Yul will destroy me, as I have no gear to speak of.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2020 at 3:06 PM, f00dmonsta said:

So, my othell kills faster than similarly equipped yul for single targets. Yes, yul can AoE, but othell scales on both normal crit damage and skill crit damage, the former being much easier to start with adena-wise. My information is that othells, at end game, hits harder than yuls for single target, which is overkill in pvp at times, but for pve it means daggers can fight harder mobs for better xp/drops, and bosses melt under othells.

One thing I found about the aoe argument, is that there aren't many aoe spots in the game now, coal mines is the only place where AoE *really* matters, otherwise xp spots are either limited by spawn rate, or have ranged mobs that mean they're spread out enough for aoe to be less effective. Sure AoE is still going to be better xp, but not nearly as huge a deal as people say.

Positioning: I have played Fortune Seeker and Wind Rider up to 105/107, shadow chase cooldown is pretty fast, you can pretty much use it for every mob, it lands very well in pve and then you only need a few stabs after that to kill a mob. Otherwise, my WR has flanking stabs meaning I really don't worry too much about face tanking mobs. I rarely see an issue in my autohunt macro.

PoM (Heirophant 101 buff) is a *significant* boost to othell damage. It's 56.25% more damage provided it's a skill crit, and othells skill crit 90+% of the time from behind (and flank if WR), with party xp bonus, it makes sense to duo with a heirophant.

My current gear:

• +5 bloody r99 shaper 5/5 (yes single hand, I'm adding a r110 shield for +skill power later)
  • exalted armour, exalted cloak
  • longing, 7 signs, venir 10
  • ruby3,opal3...etc. exalted quest freebies
  • ekimus belt

I kill as fast as or faster than +12 bloody r99 yuls at beleths. Only ppl I see so far that kill faster than me: evis on steel mind.

Next things I'm working on:

• +7/10/15 elmore cloak (I'll see what I can get my hands on given the resources I have)
  • +12 my weapon
  • attempt to get +15% crit damage augment
  • upgrade dragon shirt
  • get dragon/angels ring (same thing as PoM, double stacking crit and skill crit damage, 15% -> 32.25% more damage), considering paulina's ring for same effect but only 30 day (hint: oly warriors ring has same effect)
  • enchant skills to +10 (currently only a handful at +5)
  • artifacts

Othells are actually one of the easiest classes to gear *initially* so they're not completely useless at 105, your exalted weapon and armor will get you to 107 without issues *SOLOING*. They have an easier gear progression than Yuls; even if Yuls are the most OP class in the game, it's hard to gear one to that degree, I chew up yuls on rando xp spot pvp on my WR, it's not even fair. But a well geared Yul will destroy me, as I have no gear to speak of.

All classes are good. I like my dagger, I can easily pew pew yuls :P

On 28.03.2020 at 6:22 AM, TheHaggarDagger said:

If you're going pve.. Why Othell? Genuine question. Single target only skills, gotta move to target, low damage due to positioning constraints.. Unless you're playing a Fortune Seeker with a CP I don't get it and even then, we all know why you're there.. it's not your damage...

https://youtu.be/g7oklY595ZU

I just leave it for you. Yeah-yeah, play evi/tyrr..

On 5/12/2020 at 6:26 AM, LordDragnil said:

https://youtu.be/g7oklY595ZU

I just leave it for you. Yeah-yeah, play evi/tyrr..

Okay? Not sure what you're trying to get across here? You're an OFS, killing things in an area designed for just out of exalted, and? You have a base 30% pve damage passive and possibly running more pve damage in gear or runes while burning rather expensive consumables.. to kill whites.

Sorry but, hardly impressed. I would post a video of my Othell killing but I like my somewhat anonymity from forums to game. Just a note, I two to one hit white con mobs.

Nobody said Othell doesn't do damage, it's situational and quite frankly less utilitarian than evi/tyrr. I'd argue Evi is easily the best melee PvE. Do a few instance raids with a like geared Evi and watch her leave you behind dps-wise the second you miss one stab. Not to mention the frequency Evi non-skill swings compared to Othell stabs. You will never out damage a proper geared Evi who doesn't have to rely on dagger accuracy and stab cooldowns. Just /nexttarget, /attack. You can't do that, I can't do that, Tyrr can't do that, fact.

1 hour ago, TheHaggarDagger said:

Okay? Not sure what you're trying to get across here? You're an OFS, killing things in an area designed for just out of exalted, and? You have a base 30% pve damage passive and possibly running more pve damage in gear or runes while burning rather expensive consumables.. to kill whites.

Sorry but, hardly impressed. I would post a video of my Othell killing but I like my somewhat anonymity from forums to game. Just a note, I two to one hit white con mobs.

Nobody said Othell doesn't do damage, it's situational and quite frankly less utilitarian than evi/tyrr. I'd argue Evi is easily the best melee PvE. Do a few instance raids with a like geared Evi and watch her leave you behind dps-wise the second you miss one stab. Not to mention the frequency Evi non-skill swings compared to Othell stabs. You will never out damage a proper geared Evi who doesn't have to rely on dagger accuracy and stab cooldowns. Just /nexttarget, /attack. You can't do that, I can't do that, Tyrr can't do that, fact.

Dude I have an evi/maestro/etc.. I know what evi can do. Evi have got lethals, othel - half kills. It's different things.

PS.

I didn't try to impress anybody. It was just simple test for maximum macros proficiency with dual skills build.

PPS.

I can kill these mobs quickly wo any consumables except soul shots even with that fork ex2. About location, I've tested from 101+ to 107+ and this one is the best for me: 2 quests + homunkulus..