Best dual class for Yul Saggitatarius

LittlePig

Hello, i recently returned to game. I used to play in Lionna and the Bartz until Kamael so i have lost my touch with L2. I made a Yul Saggitarius and i would like to suggest me the best dual class for pvp. As i understand dual class affects main class with some passive skills, so its does not work like subclass. I would like to go for a healer but i think this is not best choice, so i looking forward for your suggestions. I have another quest, subclass still exists as i saw but should i level a subclass or there is no point to do this.

You can choose whatever class you like. Before the class that you choose for subclass could affect your main, but that doesn't happen anymore. You have dual and subclass skills, regardless of what class you chose.

Most people make dual classes that can share gear with main (for example yul/yul, yul/iss, feoh/feoh, feoh/healer and so on). In my opinion, Ghost Sentinel would be a good option, but it's really up to you and the people that you play with ^_^ good luck

You level the subclass for the skills. That's about it. I suggest picking a Yul Ghost Sentinel, since you already have the equipment that you'll need. Plus, Yul level quickly to 105...and later 110 (?) when the subclass cap is raised.  

1 hour ago, MalumInSe said:

You level the subclass for the skills. That's about it. I suggest picking a Yul Ghost Sentinel, since you already have the equipment that you'll need. Plus, Yul level quickly to 105...and later 110 (?) when the subclass cap is raised.  

There's no subclass anymore on the LIVE servers. Just dual class. No level limit either

On 4/26/2020 at 6:53 AM, LittlePig said:

Hello, i recently returned to game. I used to play in Lionna and the Bartz until Kamael so i have lost my touch with L2. I made a Yul Saggitarius and i would like to suggest me the best dual class for pvp. As i understand dual class affects main class with some passive skills, so its does not work like subclass. I would like to go for a healer but i think this is not best choice, so i looking forward for your suggestions. I have another quest, subclass still exists as i saw but should i level a subclass or there is no point to do this.

I think I can help.

If your goal is to diversify experiences across different classes, create a new toon so you can experience them same time.  For dualclass, just grab a class using your same gear - in this case, do archer/archer so you can quickly get to 105 to max obtain dualclass skill.

If you really don't want to spend money on another set of armor, a light armor of your archer, you can pair it with Wynn dualclass for diversified fun.  Instead of bow, you just need a 2h magic staff (preferably highly enchant as possible) as Wynn summoner strictly uses that weapon and for transfering p.atk to the summons.  For light armor sets, othell or any type of tyrr can also be an option.  Tyrr with the latest update as of 04/28/20 recently got one of the biggest BOOST we've seen any class get in ages.

Wynn summoner also can cast magic debuff and marks, so if you really love spamming marks on people's foreheads, get a robe; and with a robe, your double AOE magic debuff and attacks can be useful for crowd control too.  If you're going to spend money on a separate robe and staff, might as well create a new character, nowadays you can go 1-85 in 15mins, 85-95 in 2 hours.  95-99 in few more hours and if you're undergeared maybe a whole day.  But the point is, by the time you reach lv.101 which you get all the latest skills until level 110, you pretty much have a second character.  I suggest you build a 2nd character a buffer ISS at a minimum.

Remember to do Coal Mine (daily 60min instance from the UI interface to the right) everyday until you are Lv.106.  It's a gift NC implemented otherwise, new players will take forever to get to lv.106.  So through level 105, you can use CM still to boost it until Lv.106.  Many quit after Lv.106 because they just can't handle the independent no handicap XP desert where they must party up or build a team to grind upward, 2.5X exponentially XP requirement every level to 110.

So in summary, dualclass generally is for dual class skills so pick whatever that can level the fastest and be done with it so you can focus on your main.  If you want diversity of experiences through different play style, NC has made creation of a new char and powerleveling fast very very easy nowadays - so it's worth a shot to look into that route.

Welcome back!

Edited by GhostintheShell

On 4/26/2020 at 3:29 PM, Nymphadorae said:

There's no subclass anymore on the LIVE servers. Just dual class. No level limit either

I meant dual class, but misspoke. By 110 level I meant that I heard in a future update that players would continue to get dual class skills up to 110, as where they stop at 105 now. That may have been a false rumor.

A couple of things you should know to take into consideration...

* Dual class skills affect both main and dual: So having a Yul main, the skill you want dont really fit your dual class (if healer)

* The "free gear" (Exalted) will not take you far after lvl105. Once you geared up main, you can change Exalted armor and weap to nuker gear.

* When Red Libra event comes, you can change your dual class (keeping your lvl). This might be something to think about if you want your dual class high, easiest is lvl up another Yul and then change when Red Libra comes.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:08 PM, LittlePig said:

I can also buy the 30 days armor from NC Store if u do another class. I think archer/archer is a not my type. Probably i will go for bishop!

And you will fail ;) Best it is archet/archer. The same dual skills (not need every time change and pay 40kk). Yes will need lvlup 110 dual also. And most important - all item for healer diferent. 30 days armor - it is nothing - minimum must to be r99 +10 pve or pvp. And in near future r110 +10.  If you want to spend other 2000-3000euro for items - dual not archer - best way. And yes... who will lvl up your healer? :)