PVP Changes

MrE

4 minutes ago, MrE said:

ok, lets say they remove HP cap, whats max hp? 200k? 300k? 

Ok lets add in say.. max decrease in damage from bows... 80%

I have a pdef as an SWS of around 75k, I have song of protection 80k, Song of archery, - 50% damage and more defensive - crit and crit damage you can shake a stick at.. My record.. for damage is over 2 million. 

So lets say I have 350k Hp and 100k Cp. I have 80% damage reduction against archer.  The way NC soft does damage reduction isnt a true 100% damage reduction, if it were .. and you have 100% damage reduction.. it would be at 0. From what I can tell.. 100% damage reduction = 50% if you take 100% less damage it equates to half of what it originally was. 

So with that in mind (and if someone has more correct stats please tell me) lets just ASSUME 80% damage is really 80% less damage. If An archer crits for 2mil. an 80% reduction will be 1.6 mil. I'm still taking 400k in damage. WITH Song of archery up. that leaves me 50k.. I survived.. until their second skill shot that will drop me..  any time that song isn't up.. dead.. every time. 

Not to mention, what about the smaller clans? The people who dont have 10k to spend on new gear? the playing field needs to be brought back down to earth. Your suggestion enables NC soft to create 100 more items at a 2% chance to obtain through gambling.. err I mean loot boxes like this current event. Which I am honestly sick to death of.  

why are you here? i don't get why you play this game. you have 3 Topics open complaining about major game features. you can survive in pvp vs stacked archers. go check youtube. and yes you need $ for that.

and your damage reduction math is wrong. you have a base damage reduction that you need to know...

they wont change the game to please you. it's Korean rng what will happen, like always:ph34r:

• Like 1

I'm here to try and affect change in hopes of making a more balanced PVP system that the entire server can enjoy, not just the top 5%. 

If you're happy with the current state of the game, great, stop commenting and bringing those down who aren't. These "Major Game Features" are also broken, and are new in comparison to the games age overall. Hence the thread trying to fix them. Dev's read these and the hope, is to start a conversation and have people come up with good ideas, not bash people and ask them why they play. If you have something constructive to share.. share it. If not.. then kindly keep your negativity to yourself as it doesn't help anything.   

2 hours ago, MrE said:

ok, lets say they remove HP cap, whats max hp? 200k? 300k? 

Ok lets add in say.. max decrease in damage from bows... 80%

I have a pdef as an SWS of around 75k, I have song of protection 80k, Song of archery, - 50% damage and more defensive - crit and crit damage you can shake a stick at.. My record.. for damage is over 2 million. 

So lets say I have 350k Hp and 100k Cp. I have 80% damage reduction against archer.  The way NC soft does damage reduction isnt a true 100% damage reduction, if it were .. and you have 100% damage reduction.. it would be at 0. From what I can tell.. 100% damage reduction = 50% if you take 100% less damage it equates to half of what it originally was. 

So with that in mind (and if someone has more correct stats please tell me) lets just ASSUME 80% damage is really 80% less damage. If An archer crits for 2mil. an 80% reduction will be 1.6 mil. I'm still taking 400k in damage. WITH Song of archery up. that leaves me 50k.. I survived.. until their second skill shot that will drop me..  any time that song isn't up.. dead.. every time. 

Not to mention, what about the smaller clans? The people who dont have 10k to spend on new gear? the playing field needs to be brought back down to earth. Your suggestion enables NC soft to create 100 more items at a 2% chance to obtain through gambling.. err I mean loot boxes like this current event. Which I am honestly sick to death of.  

I wasn't talking about what SHOULD happen; I was making a suggestion about what COULD "possibly" happen.  NC West has very little power to make structural changes to the game; that is all controlled by Korea.  BUT, if they were to suggest some type of revenue generating item which could help balance NCNA, that might actually happen. 

Having said that, I'll reiterate, the only realistic way we will see a "fix" is with the introduction of specific damage type reduction items which force players to choose what type of damage they want to minimize.  Obviously everyone would choose Bow/Crossbow reduction..... and that would be fine as well.

I don't agree, you are basing yourself using the top 1% of the server....... they have multiple +30 forgotten skills and others OP itens.
if u see a 1x1 or 7x7 with only 1%, the pvp will take a while.......... with the top 10%, idk maybe 200b toon, will be the same thing ( if all are in the same "range" ofc)
i have a 150b toon and can play nice in the olly with others +-150b players..... i 1shoot 30b toons and get 1shoot by 1T+

the right thing that nc should do was to close the gap between the top 1% and the rest, but they do exactly the opposite.
look at this event now ..... 200b+ to get a lvl 4 wings whos give s* stats, yet the 1% will try get.... while 90% of the server won't even try it once for lvl 2 because it costs 4b for a 30% chance and for what?! 2% deb. resist, 1,5k HP (this is a sick joke), 1% atk or m. atk or p.def/m. def and +1 stats. 
why not, at least, 60/50/40/30% and don't let the get increase even more?!

it's complicated top cap players players who have years in the game or have spent "a car".

the ncwest NC is based in other regions where it has hundreds of dragon weapons, epic/heaven talismans, god jewl, greaters gems.
they just choose to ignore our reality.

10 hours ago, adlerina said:

I don't agree, you are basing yourself using the top 1% of the server....... they have multiple +30 forgotten skills and others OP itens.
if u see a 1x1 or 7x7 with only 1%, the pvp will take a while.......... with the top 10%, idk maybe 200b toon, will be the same thing ( if all are in the same "range" ofc)
i have a 150b toon and can play nice in the olly with others +-150b players..... i 1shoot 30b toons and get 1shoot by 1T+

the right thing that nc should do was to close the gap between the top 1% and the rest, but they do exactly the opposite.
look at this event now ..... 200b+ to get a lvl 4 wings whos give s* stats, yet the 1% will try get.... while 90% of the server won't even try it once for lvl 2 because it costs 4b for a 30% chance and for what?! 2% deb. resist, 1,5k HP (this is a sick joke), 1% atk or m. atk or p.def/m. def and +1 stats. 
why not, at least, 60/50/40/30% and don't let the get increase even more?!

it's complicated top cap players players who have years in the game or have spent "a car".

the ncwest NC is based in other regions where it has hundreds of dragon weapons, epic/heaven talismans, god jewl, greaters gems.
they just choose to ignore our reality.

OK, let me try this one more time and I'm going to be as direct as possible.

With few, few excepts the ONLY influence NCNA staff has on this game is in regards to L2 Store items, promos, and events.  If you want to see some semblance of balance its probably going to come from the L2 store (unfortunately).  Having said that, the only realistic solutions are easily accessible (affordable) items which decrease damage.  Another good change they could implement which wouldn't hurt their profits would be to make L2 store promo items have diminishing returns the higher you get them.  For example, make it easy to obtain Greater Gems but harder to level them higher AND, make the difference between a lv1 and a lv10 relatively small.       

8 hours ago, Rodah said:

OK, let me try this one more time and I'm going to be as direct as possible.

With few, few excepts the ONLY influence NCNA staff has on this game is in regards to L2 Store items, promos, and events.  If you want to see some semblance of balance its probably going to come from the L2 store (unfortunately).  Having said that, the only realistic solutions are easily accessible (affordable) items which decrease damage.  Another good change they could implement which wouldn't hurt their profits would be to make L2 store promo items have diminishing returns the higher you get them.  For example, make it easy to obtain Greater Gems but harder to level them higher AND, make the difference between a lv1 and a lv10 relatively small.       

If you think you don't have power over the developers in Korea as a player, I feel very sorry for your misconception. If we as a player base tomorrow stopped buying items, you are 100% wrong if you think they wouldn't make changes. The change I am talking about is a VERY simple one that could be written by a single dev in a day. Does it make it the correct one? No, but I don't believe the "Fix" here is to make more stuff you can buy in a cash shop. Would it help? Maybe, if there was an Item that capped pvp damage at 20k except for debuffs or whatever we as a player base decide might work? SURE I'm down with that...as long as it wasn't a .0008% chance of getting it in a gambling box.    

People shouted about the PK issues and wanted Live like classic.. and low and behold.. here it comes. We as a player base should not settle for what we THINK they can/will or can't/won't do, we should push what changes we want, would like to see and hope those changes are heard. It is ALWAYS a no until you ask or throw a big enough fit. This event alone made hundred of thousands of dollars.. don't discount that money being gone one day because they refuse to listen and we all stand up as a group and say no more.   

I understand what you're saying, I really do, but it doesn't mean we have to accept it.