Movement

WFCxEroes

I haven't played in years, and I can see a lot has changed with the game. SO I'm starting over and noticed running around isn't easy... I am use to using the W key to move forward and holding the right mouse key to control direction.   Is this possible... if not I cant can see me playing this game.... Right now it I take a turn left or right and cant see where I'm going.  seems crazy.

I bet you've been gone for a long time, been playing myself since CT1 and I've been using myself only the mouse for movement. Playing L2 as a FPS or somethin won't work (just my honest opinion, can't see it working). So you should try and getting used to it and you should just about to be fine. I bet there's a keybinding in the options in-game for the movement to costumize it for you own prefferences so you should try that if it doesn't work out! 

Gl ! @WFCxEroes

is actually useful when you are inside the city, there are much pc/npc together or a few other ocations, and yeah it's possible, the only difference is now A and D keys also move your character, instead of turn it like before, but W ans S work the same as always, the keyboard arrows also work the same as before, so if you miss the turn keys, you still can use left and right arrows for that

@WFCxEroes Here is a real nice one for you: 
keep left and right mouse button pressed and move the mouse to navigate. Smooth movement even in crowed areas.  

(also great for stopping Wyvern in midair or stopping while in water, without diving to the ground. Just release buttons again.)

I'm really bummed out... I just tried running around the starting area for 20 min.... just cant get comfortable with the movements.  The worst part if I hit the S key to run back, my character is running towards me and I can see where I'm going without clicking to turn my view around.   I wish you all luck, but it looks like I'm out :(

Archived