Question about cash shop

Pudding

I've been reading that it becomes necessary to pay real money later in the game, but I don't know the details on this.
What items are supposedly necessary?
And if I'm playing casually would I still need to buy them?

all depends on your expectations versus the level of your disspossable income - pvp / oly is very expensive and we're talking about thousands of dollars investment, pve can be done relatively cheap with certain classes but even there for top end players it's again quite expensive to the point we find mid level players "cheap" when those also need to invest 800~1k USD..

also I advise you to google search for a reddit topic called "Some thoughts from a Dev who worked with a Mobile Company which relied on RNG for income"

and on that note here's how the world tends to work ^^"

young-adult-old-time-time-time-money-mon

Thousands of dollars to be able to pvp?!
That's quite a bit...is that per year or something?
What is in the cash shop that's THAT valuable? o_O

Adding to this, I can kinda see paying monthly for stuff that's equivalent to a subscription game, but that reeeally depends on the item for it to be reasonable to me.

Those thousands of dollars are per event, i.e. every four weeks. The items in the cash shop itself aren't really that expensive; if you quit smoking you should easily be able to afford the Shots, Rose Essence, Vitality items you need for your daily hunting.

The PvP items, however, can not be bought directly but must be obtained via gambling. Here you can see the prices in the current event:
http://www.lineage2.com/en/news/store-promos/freyas-deluxe-shopping-bag-june-2018.php
And here you can get an impression of the probabilities:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=407&start=2150#p38137

Because of those probabilities it is strongly recommended not to participate in such events but purchase solid goods like Party Cakes, Gemstones etc. from the L2Store for dollars, sell them ingame to players for adena and use that adena to buy your Insanity Talisman or whatever from the pathological gamblers among the community.

On July 30 NCKorea will open a dedicated PvP server with an in-game GM Shop where you can buy your desired item for a defined price - no gambling involved (that's a long story and has to do with a petition to the President of South Korea):
http://lineage2.plaync.com/promo/lineage2/180711_bloody (Korean)
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2162#p38320 (English)

If I were you I would wait for a year or two until NCWest introduces such a PvP server over here. It will be better for your wallet :)

14 hours ago, Pudding said:

Thousands of dollars to be able to pvp?!
That's quite a bit...is that per year or something?
What is in the cash shop that's THAT valuable? o_O

Adding to this, I can kinda see paying monthly for stuff that's equivalent to a subscription game, but that reeeally depends on the item for it to be reasonable to me.

check the store promotions from the last 2~3 years by going down the list on the main web announcement section (not the forum) and note that most such items have become standard gear to have so by not having the shirts/circlets/cloaks/brooch jewels etc. from l2store you put yourself significantly behind those that DO have them - it's classic pay 2 win game shop stuff with items that give significant advantages ingame..

so yeah sure you can play with only the stuff u can find ingame but you will never reach past low/average gear levels that way..

this is what you get when a game goes from pay2play aka monthly subscription fees to freemium aka "free2play"

Posts with "need pay money" aimed to 'inception' this idea in players mind.

Just think about, how all that goods, you offered for $$$ was obtained?

It obtained free, ingame.

Only RMTers writes "need pay money" and no give option how got goods ingame.

Lets be honest because no one deserves to waste his (her hi Aza) time.

To do a gludio quest or a lvl 100 quest you will need

- from 1.500 to 2.000 $ as a support [iss, healer, tank]

- from 3.000 $ to 5.000 $ as a dd [feoh, yul and the like].

The higher you go in lvls the more you have to spend.

Btw 4.600 players online - 2.000 adrenaline bots : 3 = far behind innova, a lot far.

P.s. I may be wrong on this one but unless i've got an hallucination i've seen dustpag (hi dusty) on naia.

Draecke what the cra p is going on?

2 hours ago, GoodGuy said:

Posts with "need pay money" aimed to 'inception' this idea in players mind.

Just think about, how all that goods, you offered for $$$ was obtained?

It obtained free, ingame.

Only RMTers writes "need pay money" and no give option how got goods ingame.

l2store = rmt, agreed

these days you can't farm enough adena in a year ingame to support even 1 l2store promotion/event - don't says open field raids as those are perma farmed and as such unaccessable for normal players

looking forward to your guide & tips on how to obtain 30~50bil in less then 2 Months through normal game play for a new player to build up the funds to buy "ingame" those l2store only items :)

Archived