About System Requirements ...

My computer is old but my operating system is fairly new. But for the last 1 month, I have been experiencing strangeness in the game. While I was investigating the reasons, I noticed the "64 bit not supported" status under "Lineage II System Requirements" updated 1 month ago on the technical support team announcement page today.

https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/204360739

Is this unsupported condition temporary or permanent? If it is permanent, do I need to change my Windows 10 and 20H2 operating system?

🤗

Win 10 64 bit user here with no issues

I believe that you can ignore that sentence. Yes, the L2 client is 32 bit only, it uses a really really old engine after all. But 64 bit OS can work with 32 bit apps normally.

• Thanks 2

The peculiarity I definitely experienced is that my computer is overheating and the computer turns itself off after at least half an hour and a maximum of 2 hours after entering the game. I have been living this situation for the last 1 month. I am using windows 10 version 20H2 64 bit. A month ago, when I made the North America / South America (server login) preferences, when I connected to North America, I was becoming DC from the game 5-10 minutes after entering the game. That's why I'm using the South America entry (since I'm an Asian player). I think the best solution to play a healthy game will be to refresh all my hardware. 

The main diference is that win 32 can use only up to 4 Gb of RAM, win 64 a lot more, so if you only have 4 GB of ram you cand use win 32 it will work better, if you have more then 4 Gb of RAM use win 64 so you can acces all the RAM.

Win 64 uses twice as much memory for the same tasks than win 32 so this may cause more heating to CPU.