Summoners Summons

Ganealf

I would like to know if its true that the Summoners Summons does not lvl pass lvl110, leaving it incapable of doing real dmg to higher lvl mobs as the summoner gets higher. So, a lvl115 summoner does no true dmg to lvl115 mobs because his summons is still lvl110. Is this true and how is this possible in a 17yr old game that should have a clue. I'm currently lvling a summoner, its lvl106 now, to test this theory. Gonna take a while without a real exp event, but , let the fun begin. OH, and if this is true does anyone know of an update were this is addressed? Since we are so far behind , time wise, on updates. I'm doing this for the pure enjoyment of it, I have a high lvl toon that i play on the regular , this one will be lvl'd just because.

It's true. Usually they'll update it if the summoner really too weak to farm. If they'll update it, it might be 1-3 years.

But i don't think they'll update it. FYI, in the past summoner is the favorite class for pve, almost all toons in the field are summoner. So this update might be too nerf it intentionally, n they won't boost it again

The last patch before awakening was the last time Summoners were a great class.  Then 1-2 months after awakening, they started nerfing Wynns by reducing the # of summons and barely increasing the strength of the summons.  Then a few years ago they nerfed the summons even more and turned them into a purely DoT class with a pet for transfer pain.  Wynns haven't been summoners in a long time, and it doesn't look like that's planned to change anytime soon.

Summoners (with summons doing the actual damage and the summoner buffing/healing) and Dominators (high mp cost steal essence, seals to debuff/kill in PBAoE, and soul guard / soul cry to go toe to toe with any opponent, but requiring long mp regen time between bursts) are two play styles that have been completely removed from this game.

1 minute ago, Katapults said:

The last patch before awakening was the last time Summoners were a great class.  Then 1-2 months after awakening, they started nerfing Wynns by reducing the # of summons and barely increasing the strength of the summons.  Then a few years ago they nerfed the summons even more and turned them into a purely DoT class with a pet for transfer pain.  Wynns haven't been summoners in a long time, and it doesn't look like that's planned to change anytime soon.

Summoners (with summons doing the actual damage and the summoner buffing/healing) and Dominators (high mp cost steal essence, seals to debuff/kill in PBAoE, and soul guard / soul cry to go toe to toe with any opponent, but requiring long mp regen time between bursts) are two play styles that have been completely removed from this game.

bards (sws/bd) are also completely gone, as is the spoil and crafting class.  the current classes arent even remotely close to what those were playstyle wise.