Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Hime

• L2 Team

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, July 28, 2021 at 4 a.m. PDT /  6 a.m. CDT / 7 a.m. EDT / 1 p.m. GMT+2 and will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes.

With this maintenance:

• Routine server updates and modifications.
  • Anti-BOT security measures will be implemented.
  • Lara’s Eventful Day Off will continue for 2 weeks.
  • The Marvelous Mermaid Chest promotion in the L2 Store will be available for 3 weeks.
  • The Dragon Pendants in the L2 store will no longer be available.
  • Summer Sale in the L2 Store will end.
  • Fixed an issue where the clan dismiss/leave penalty was set to 1 day instead of 1 minute.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Juji changed the title to Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, July 28, 2021
1 hour ago, Hime said:

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Wednesday, July 28, 2021 at 4 a.m. PDT /  6 a.m. CDT / 7 a.m. EDT / 1 p.m. GMT+2 and will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes.

With this maintenance:

• The Marvelous Mermaid Chest promotion in the L2 Store will be available for 3 weeks.
  • Fixed an issue where the clan dismiss/leave penalty was set to 1 day instead of 1 minute.

I am very happy to read this!

Let the good ones stay on the server.

• L2 Team
1 hour ago, LuxK said:

Any news about the random disconnects?

Every single day between 3PM and 5PM gmt -7 all my friend and I got disconnect and after login the account we got disconnect again.

We had some disconnections across multiple titles that we are investigating with Amazon (AWS).

4 hours ago, Hime said:

With this maintenance:

• Fixed an issue where the clan dismiss/leave penalty was set to 1 day instead of 1 

And what are these anti bot procedures? Ncwest hasn't done anything to stop scripting, why start now ? Is it because essence servers are opening?

9 hours ago, Casemonstro said:

I consider it important to fix the server, even if it took a while, but I think it's valid.

We need quests/pets

Dwarves being valued again.

But I'm already very happy to know that some things are going to get better, we hope so.

AMEN, brother you have nailed it, i hope developer team put their efforts in some of this topics you have suggested.

Dwarves are almost useless, can't make SS/BSPS, recipes grade B or A are not able to obtain on levels it should be (52), because monsters were they can be obtainded are lvl 70+, there are really few things were dwarves can make some money, so people on server have to buy adena for money on external supliers.

It's not my intention to tell the developer team how to do their job, but i really hope, if you want to end with bots, first got to kick them off economicaly (that mean stop let them sell adena for money).

It's just an opinion so please take it with discretion.

PD: my first lenguaje is not English, so please forgive me if my sintax is not right.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, J0nSnow said:

And what are these anti bot procedures? Ncwest hasn't done anything to stop scripting, why start now ? Is it because essence servers are opening?

They have to do something because they are losing so many legit players.  We cannot even play the game properly anymore, because 90% of the rooms in every Catacomb and Necropolis are infested with Kamael Archer BOTS!  I won't even mention the infestations in all the lower level areas that many of the intermediate quests are tied to!  It's nothing but Elf Summoners and their ponies!  The game has gotten really dumb and L2 has become the most plagued RMT game on the market.  ENFORCING the restrictions on 3rd party software will make the game fair, and will attract more REAL players, and deter adena farming sellers from destroying the game!  

Honestly if the programmers of L2 were smart enough, they should implement automatic pickup so these farm bots would be eventually overweight and motionless!  It only takes 1 minute to log in and identify ALL the BOTS everywhere!  They need to employ GM's who actually log into the game and monitor players' activities daily.  I've killed many BOTS only to have them come back immediately, because they were scripted to do so!  I see BOTS on a daily basis committing suicide to de-level themselves so they can continue to farm at their assigned areas!  FINALLY, something is being done about it!  Many players have been waiting for this day that Lineage 2 is for players and not farmers!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Waterloo said:

They have to do something because they are losing so many legit players.  We cannot even play the game properly anymore, because 90% of the rooms in every Catacomb and Necropolis are infested with Kamael Archer BOTS!  I won't even mention the infestations in all the lower level areas that many of the intermediate quests are tied to!  It's nothing but Elf Summoners and their ponies!  The game has gotten really dumb and L2 has become the most plagued RMT game on the market.  ENFORCING the restrictions on 3rd party software will make the game fair, and will attract more REAL players, and deter adena farming sellers from destroying the game!  

Honestly if the programmers of L2 were smart enough, they should implement automatic pickup so these farm bots would be eventually overweight and motionless!  It only takes 1 minute to log in and identify ALL the BOTS everywhere!  They need to employ GM's who actually log into the game and monitor players' activities daily.  I've killed many BOTS only to have them come back immediately, because they were scripted to do so!  I see BOTS on a daily basis committing suicide to de-level themselves so they can continue to farm at their assigned areas!  FINALLY, something is being done about it!  Many players have been waiting for this day that Lineage 2 is for players and not farmers!

Same here folk, past saturday i killed 2 PJ in abandoned camp twice and, they respawn and back to their spots without even notice that my PJ with RED name over it, were just at their sides...

I tried to denounce them, but couldn't find were to contact support to do it... 

So, i think this is really were the develop team has to put their efforts, obviously to prevent third party software could help, but i think is more important to ban the bots when they are found "infraganti".

• Thanks 1

I think this explains my issues and why I see all the loot laying around. It has no value, cannot be sold in any town store. All the ponies or unicorns with the mage popping in killing everything is extremely bad and make me look elsewhere to play.

Sure hope you can fix these things soon.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

I'm sure that with these implementations, antbots, + quests, server classic will excel and things will improve, I'm sure. As well as rescuing old players, who like the game more and who did not accept as many errors that existed on the server.

Long live Classic - To real players!

The new normal is getting stuck on the NC blue screen and the game crashing. I'm not the only one with this problem... it seems like every time you open the game it's the same when you open the transformations. It's a gamble to know if it's going to be a error in the game or not.

Some kind of feedback would be nice. None of the possible solutions suggested by GMs seems to be working. Players from the live server have the same issue. My guess is that same will apply to the new Essence server. So, they have to hurry... 

36 minutes ago, LuxK said:

The new normal is getting stuck on the NC blue screen and the game crashing. I'm not the only one with this problem... it seems like every time you open the game it's the same when you open the transformations. It's a gamble to know if it's going to be a error in the game or not.

If I log in and spend 30 min logged in, and open transformation, it gives an error. close the game

I can only open transformation before 30 minutes logged in.

I would like to know which anti-bot system they are using because I see that they do not work for them, if they go to 1-2-3-4 they will be able to see the number of people using the Adremaline Bot system, it will be that their anti-bot system is so Absolutely unable to detect them? Characters like Littleliz, Leoz, Knucklehead, MrAshakai, Bawzer, Senzafine, iMiiau, Blazzin and several more are on full Bot mode, please put letters on the matter

Wow, I've never seen such a complex update on Server.  :)
First time I see an update that causes so much crying ingame, there are people warning that they will be giving PK 24h to everyone, because they hurt to realize that they can not log their Bots.

To get even better, I recommend that the next update you look at PK, because they should be punished for real, no doubt only humans are playing. The vast majority of large server bots are people who own armies of bots. It now lacks karma punishment and truly harm bots including their pks.

Eager to read the new pac, hoping to continue the implementation against the bots, as the people managed to log in again, and hoping they get a correct treatment for the PKs.

Even more so the bot owners were disgusted with the update and are killing everyone on the server.

I still believe that at some point we will have players on the server only. No bots and no Bot owners in the game.

Devs! Congratulations! Great attitude in curbing bots.

Some friends were excited to return to Classic.

But it needs a refining, as there are already some farmers in adena who circumvented the anti-bot system and are logging several boxes with adrenaline softawarr already!

You also need to change the PK Character policy and go back to dropping items and increasing punishments! I say this because the big adena farmers are killing everyone while the farm and up parties are retaliation and boycott the changes.