The absolute best update ever

You know I belive that criticism has to be done when necessary, but right now it's the time for praises.

Absolute awesome update, it seems to be impossible to login with virtual machines and 3rd party software that would allow 1 user to login 500+ clients and effectly ruining the game for everyone else but themselves. At least for now.

A fantastic job from Ncsoft with this update.

Please keep it going and completly ban applications like Parsec and virtual machine alltogether.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Amedeo said:

You know I belive that criticism has to be done when necessary, but right now it's the time for praises.

Absolute awesome update, it seems to be impossible to login with virtual machines and 3rd party software that would allow 1 user to login 500+ clients and effectly ruining the game for everyone else but themselves. At least for now.

A fantastic job from Ncsoft with this update.

Please keep it going and completly ban applications like Parsec and virtual machine alltogether.

U are so funny. 

Hi guys.

I can confirm this is best update...

All time I have full party and not use ilegal programs...

But all my computers running in my work. So from home I connect to this computers via vnc free program ultraviewer.  If some client disconnected or someone kill me I fix this from home and not waiting for tommorow... After update is not possible remotely do something... mouse and keyboard doesn't work...

Thanks... now for me ending this game... 😞

2 minutes ago, prusky said:

Hi guys.

But all my computers running in my work. So from home I connect to this computers via vnc free program ultraviewer.  If some client disconnected or someone kill me I fix this from home and not waiting for tommorow... After update is not possible remotely do something... mouse and keyboard doesn't work...

"I can confirm this is best update..."

is sarcasm, right? do u mean is not the best....

44 minutes ago, Dan0 said:

ban virtual machines but not bots or adena farmers or top players over lvl ?? 

yes u are so smart, good idea.

And how exactelly do you think those adena farmers do their job?

Ill tell you how since you're pretending not to know, they log 200 accounts from parsec then let the bots do the rest.

This is a step in the right direction, if you don't agree you're part of the corrupted system.

no sarcasm from my side, as someone who absolutelly hate to log more than 3 clients I am happy to see that all the lvl 90 holding down entire zones have to suck it up right now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Amedeo said:

And how exactelly do you think those adena farmers do their job?

Ill tell you how since you're pretending not to know, they log 200 accounts from parsec then let the bots do the rest.

This is a step in the right direction, if you don't agree you're part of the corrupted system.

no sarcasm from my side, as someone who absolutelly hate to log more than 3 clients I am happy to see that all the lvl 90 holding down entire zones have to suck it up right now.

you are a very sweet person, do u think that they dont use third party programs to farm adena??? omg, and how they do scripts to move around the cities and spots, or delvl to continue farming in low lvl spots???

this is not the step of right direction because they are affecting the LEGAL PLAYERS, do u understand that??? what means LEGAL PLAYERS???

im a player like u that want a good game and enjoy it, but right now they are attacking the wrong players, meanwhile adena farmers, high lvl botters are still in game doing whatever they want, or for example why in the servers we have players lvl 93+ and gms dont do anything, do u think that these players can play 24/7, make macros around a room, and reach that lvls without any third party program. NCSOFT doesnt care.

so dude, we both want a good game. Think what are u trying to say and who was affected by this problem (the adena farmers are laughing at the moment).

Well I hope they come for them next... ofc bots are an issue but the same lvl 90+ use virtual machine too in conjunction with them.

One thing is to be able to use bots with max 10 client, another is to be able to use bots with an unlimited numbers of them.

I am not defending botting, but this update greatly limits the effect of it as I don't care if top players have 1 party in a remote corner of TOI using bots 24/7, but I do mind when the same player locks every farming spots on the map.

It's a bit different.

Nah man I don't have time for that lol.

However I love the lvl 90 malding and  going around to pk people even if they cant use the spot anymore.

Shows you the true color of their character and looks like the final act of degeneracy before the realization of the fact that they are doomed.

Thanks again NCsoft!

I really liked the update, it's noticeable the decrease of bots in some places ... certainly those who are making negative comments are people who use these programs, I hope that more changes will happen to improve the gameplay of the classic server.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dan0 said:

so funny these guys and his chars lvl 30 farming in abandoned camp.... 

I didnt know until today what virtual machine is, either way i dont know what your intentions are and if you are legit player, being affected by the changes i genuinely feel bad for you and i hope fix is coming soon, i have friends having issues as well. For me everything works perfect, just as it was before update.

BUT... if u are using it for the purposes @Amedeo pointed out in the other topic, to overcome the 10 client limit and login more chars than what is allowed, then this update has done a good job, yes the bot infestation in the servers is big and so it the RMT, but overcoming the client limit is absolutely still bad thing to do.

Giran server lost almost half  of population from the day prior to wednesday and the giran server has been in light traffic for +/- 3 months now, (its only going downhill) all i can say is that i definitely see more free spots to farm now, spots which were taken by huge majority of bots without a question before. I do believe those bots will be back sooner or later, the same way they have returned earlier, the happiness of the legit casual players will soon diminish and everything will be back to how it was, including the declining server population.

PS

Before you group me up with the other people responding to this topic about the update, would let you know that i have only few characters - my main + some boxes to help my main, i dont have alt parties farming adena for me, i dont have solo ES/WC/OL going around farming adena, everything i have ever farmed is with my main since 2018 till now and it will continue to be like that, until the day i leave the server myself, as the general situation is not good and i dont see it improving considering my experience with the server for the past almost 3 years.

• Like 1

• L2 Team

I already mentioned before that VMWare is not supported and using it to bypass the client limit is in violation of the EULA.
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/19436-vmware-not-working-is-this-deliberate-by-ncsoft/?do=findComment&comment=131736

We have also not seen any posts from players with different accounts in this thread as that would also be in violation of the Forum Code of Conduct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Juji said:

I already mentioned before that VMWare is not supported and using it to bypass the client limit is in violation of the EULA.
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/19436-vmware-not-working-is-this-deliberate-by-ncsoft/?do=findComment&comment=131736

We have also not seen any posts from players with different accounts in this thread as that would also be in violation of the Forum Code of Conduct.

so ban for regular players but not for botters and adena farmers....

Well played.

Bye NCSOFT.

On 7/28/2021 at 4:37 PM, Dan0 said:

you are a very sweet person, do u think that they dont use third party programs to farm adena??? omg, and how they do scripts to move around the cities and spots, or delvl to continue farming in low lvl spots???

this is not the step of right direction because they are affecting the LEGAL PLAYERS, do u understand that??? what means LEGAL PLAYERS???

im a player like u that want a good game and enjoy it, but right now they are attacking the wrong players, meanwhile adena farmers, high lvl botters are still in game doing whatever they want, or for example why in the servers we have players lvl 93+ and gms dont do anything, do u think that these players can play 24/7, make macros around a room, and reach that lvls without any third party program. NCSOFT doesnt care.

so dude, we both want a good game. Think what are u trying to say and who was affected by this problem (the adena farmers are laughing at the moment).

They aren't attacking legal players, you botting piece of trash. You don't need VM, parsec, or anything else to play this game. Only reason you need a VM is to load multiple clients to run bot trains on

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Dan0At this point you're either pretending not to understand the situation and playing 'make believe' or you're very, very... thick headed.

Either way, nobody will miss your army of bots.

Enjoy whatever you do next mate and good luck!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Juji said:

Thanks again for (at least temporarily - I guess it is just a matter of time when they will figure out the way to circumvent the security measures introduced) removing bots!

This is really very good positive change, I hope this will enable new/returning (nostalgic) players returning to this game! Really good job NC!

But on the other hand, I don't understand why you limit number of clients - when there was no GameGuard - botters were able to easily bypass it - it didn't stop them, only affected legitimate players and they needed to buy another PC, which adds to e-waste, additional carbon footprint due to the increased electricity consumption (and L2 consumes all CPU it can get, as we all know), while not solving any actual problem anymore (it never actually stopped botters).

With nowadays exping reality and macro length of 12 (which is very low for WC buffs with runaways, one needs two warcryers in party to do 6 buffs each) and toughness of mobs one might need more than 9 characters to farm - that includes additional support party (separate from main party) with PP, SE for debuffs, Tyrant for debuffs, Warlord for debuffs, etc. So formula 9 (party) + 1 (trader - which is also questionable, as in ideal world one needs 1 buyer and 1 seller traders) does not work very well.

It would be nice to see NC increasing limit to something more reasonable - 15 might be a good one and as a consequence commit to reducing e-waste and overall carbon footprint associated with Lineage 2. Yes, it might be insignificant compared to something else, but every little helps. Stopping climate change is a good deed, I think.

Thanks in advance!

On 7/28/2021 at 10:17 PM, prusky said:

Hi guys.

Solved. I used anydesk now. Thanks to all Who tried help me.