Cant buy NCOIN...error 99150

TheBride

@Sunshine@JujiFor 3 days now I cannot purchase NCOIN with either paypal or credit card.  First day I thought it was a glitch, second day I wrote a ticket, third day ticket is still unanswered.  I cannot buy extra passes, supply kits, sayha's blessings, etc.  You make this game to require spending $$$ or suffer crippling nerfs, but also prevent people from spending $$$?  I have fallen behind by multiple levels where I should be at this early stage of the game.  At this point you offer me almost no alternative but to refund what I have already spent.  Incompetence is to be expected when dealing with NCWest, but the one thing you usually do well is take people's money.....but this project we cant even do that right?  

• L2 Team
13 hours ago, TheBride said:

@Sunshine@JujiFor 3 days now I cannot purchase NCOIN with either paypal or credit card.  First day I thought it was a glitch, second day I wrote a ticket, third day ticket is still unanswered.  I cannot buy extra passes, supply kits, sayha's blessings, etc.  You make this game to require spending $$$ or suffer crippling nerfs, but also prevent people from spending $$$?  I have fallen behind by multiple levels where I should be at this early stage of the game.  At this point you offer me almost no alternative but to refund what I have already spent.  Incompetence is to be expected when dealing with NCWest, but the one thing you usually do well is take people's money.....but this project we cant even do that right?  

It could be that your purchase triggered a fraud alert, and the Fraud Team has to manually investigate/review/approve. Reach out to Customer Support in case there's any other impacting issue:  https://support.lineage2.com/ or through email at support@lineage2.com. 

36 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

It could be that your purchase triggered a fraud alert, and the Fraud Team has to manually investigate/review/approve. Reach out to Customer Support in case there's any other impacting issue:  https://support.lineage2.com/ or through email at support@lineage2.com. 

A deluxe starter pack and an NCoin purchase triggered a fraud alert?  Either way, the company's mistake caused me to fall behind by 3 days at the most crucial time for a new server.  Without some sort of compensation for the mistake, not sure what I have seen here is worth investing to catch back up.  

2 minutes ago, popparockz said:

this triggers  every time you buy NCoin or packs from them no matter how small the purchase is. takes a minimum 24 to 48 hours to actually get what your purchased

Never had such an experience, maybe your own bank does some sort of fraud checks.

no, this happens to new accounts that have no purchase  history. 

On my main account on Live servers, I had this for 3-4 consecutive transactions, on Aden on th other hand, only once then I was able to buy anything I wanted!

• 1 month later...

Hi, same problem

I always buy with same 3 OR 4 CARDS 

3 card with  my name .

and 1 card     with my mom name xD

i tell to ncsoft team if they need NATIONAL ID PHOTO or more information for check my identity and stop wait 3 4 days for make a  SMALL purchase .... 

-.-"     they unlock me i buy 1600 ncoin, next day i try buy more and "ERROR 99150 AGAIN" ,.,,...

this problem is only here in ncsoft. please solve it... im lossing XP and more

Note to NCSoft: Customer Experience matters. Why make things difficult for the people you are trying to earn revenue from?

But, I can guess why. It's happened before where people have lobbied their banks to get money back, claiming some kind of fraud. Sometimes they succeed, other times, they do not. So, NCSoft probably wants to do what it can to prevent chargebacks.

1 minute ago, AliceInWunderland said:

Note to NCSoft: Customer Experience matters. Why make things difficult for the people you are trying to earn revenue from?

But, I can guess why. It's happened before where people have lobbied their banks to get money back, claiming some kind of fraud. Sometimes they succeed, other times, they do not. So, NCSoft probably wants to do what it can to prevent chargebacks.

As a sort of concrete example why CX matters:

Is it better to earn $500 a month from 5 players, or $50 a month from 500? Do the math and see what you come up with. When you broaden your "tax base" you earn more revenue, so to speak. But, again economics says:

Do something until MB = MC.

As soon as the Marginal Cost (MC) exceeds the Marginal Benefit (MB), an economic agent cannot rationally justify the cost.

So, it's a major cost in time and convenience that costs players and fuels churn.

Some obviously will not care either way. But it's reasonable to expect delivery of digital items relatively quickly and not have excessive checks for fraud.

There are all kinds of servers out there that do nothing but REAL fraud detection. NCSoft seems to have decided to do things on their own and it will cost them. Not only in revenue, but in reputation, too.

16 hours ago, meslam said:

Hi, same problem

I always buy with same 3 OR 4 CARDS 

3 card with  my name .

and 1 card     with my mom name xD

i tell to ncsoft team if they need NATIONAL ID PHOTO or more information for check my identity and stop wait 3 4 days for make a  SMALL purchase .... 

-.-"     they unlock me i buy 1600 ncoin, next day i try buy more and "ERROR 99150 AGAIN" ,.,,...

this problem is only here in ncsoft. please solve it... im lossing XP and more

dont wait until last minute to buy Ncoin.. problem solved

When I buy with my CC, everything is good, if I use paypal ill need to go through support with error 99150

• 4 months later...
On 8/17/2021 at 3:42 AM, TheBride said:

Not sure if you're having this issue still or not but I was having the same issue last night.  The problem was with it not playing nice with Firefox so I had to use Chrome to do the purchase.

• 1 year later...