This is ridiculous…

Infid3l

1 hour ago, Innis said:

Oh but they didn't improve anything ^^

Essence/Aden is simply a recycle of 99% of the old animations and/or skins. 

They had to do a work from 0 for basically...nothing. Of all the things you see right now, most of the animations are slighty changed or recolored.

And yeah, this server is currently the last gasp of official l2. Cause EU servers all failed, same goes for NA, just look at the Classics: dead in kr, dead in eu and dead in na. 

Awakening servers are still running in KR and so they do in EU and NA.

Essence/Aden servers are still running in KR and so they do in NA and EU, altho EU servers are basically dead with probably 100- unique players left. 

Sayha goes down based on how much XP you do, so it's normal that if you gain more XP it goes down faster. 

For example: Lair of antharas, mobs there gives from 500 to 1kk XP per mob and you lose 1% sayha per mob cause that's the cap.
In other zones, like plains, you lost 1% every 3 mobs, where you earn around 150k (50k +/- per mob)...so i'm quite sure that there's a XP amount required to drop 1%. 
So let's say that 150k XP = 1% sayha, if you hunt mobs giving you 100k or 130k, you would still need 2 mobs to drop 1% but that's 200k-300k XP, while if you hunt mobs giving you 50k XP, you will drop it faster cause you're getting 50k per mob and you wont be able to "abuse" the cap. 

But i might be wrong, cause in the end sayha drops fast even at low levels when you don't earn 50k per mob..i think it's both X-XP required or/and X-mobs to drop 1% sayha. 

Yeah there appears to be some kind of tiered/dynamic degeneration based on XP/Level that's fairly linear. Or, it's just straight up linear. Some kind of easy cheesy function where XP earned is related to absolute Sayha Points. And, when the threshold for degeneration is hit, boom, less 1%.

I haven't figured out or spent the time to find that relationship between Absolute Sayha Points and XP earned. I am guessing this is what is going on because this is one of the only games I have seen where precision makes a difference. Why else have an XP bar with 4 significant digits? Those numbers do serve a "purpose" in the sense that these calculations that we don't see on the back end are very granular and precise. Part of that has to do with the grind...

If this really IS the last gasp, then I am laughing. If you're really saying the end is near, why are we pouring time and resources into this? Old friends from other servers? In my case, I am seeing what is up. I'll get to 76 and assess what I want to do at that point.

I might go play Live again. I dunno.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AliceInWunderland said:

Yeah there appears to be some kind of tiered/dynamic degeneration based on XP/Level that's fairly linear. Or, it's just straight up linear. Some kind of easy cheesy function where XP earned is related to absolute Sayha Points. And, when the threshold for degeneration is hit, boom, less 1%.

I haven't figured out or spent the time to find that relationship between Absolute Sayha Points and XP earned. I am guessing this is what is going on because this is one of the only games I have seen where precision makes a difference. Why else have an XP bar with 4 significant digits? Those numbers do serve a "purpose" in the sense that these calculations that we don't see on the back end are very granular and precise. Part of that has to do with the grind...

If this really IS the last gasp, then I am laughing. If you're really saying the end is near, why are we pouring time and resources into this? Old friends from other servers? In my case, I am seeing what is up. I'll get to 76 and assess what I want to do at that point.

I might go play Live again. I dunno.

I forgot to ask and maybe someone knows: WHY is it when you're in a party Sayha's goes down faster? That's what I have been reading. That kind of defies logic in the sense you get less exp per MOB in that setup, and shouldn't affect the degeneration rate. But apparently it does? Anyone see this actually work and what happens?

On 9/19/2021 at 3:38 AM, Innis said:

Yeah but that's still not the case...i mean, now is weekend so 2 days off, but during oly days the game gives you 350 cookies (it's a one time quest event) + other rewards (p2w items, melissas and coins to boost ur stats) FOR FREE. It's all about luck on ur match but you simply throw ur toon in oly and go afk or play it, with not even so much luck, you win 50, 100 or 200 cookies. It's not a reward for streaks and it's not a quest you have to do every day or in 1 day...you have 25 attempts to win 3 times and earn 350 cookies, again, FOR FREE.

Mix that with the free ores from the 1 adena box...i'm quite sure you have ENOUGH to keep on going for 5+++ days on ur toon. 
If you want to XP faster use ur Sayha storms and full boosts + trascendent ONLY when you lock ur sayha and you're good to go. 

Or really spend like 15 euros on ur *main* and that's 500 sayha blessing and 300 sayha storm + XP scroll, lol. 

on a lvl 40 toon? for real? does your brain even compute? getting in there is a waste of his time and it also messes with people who want to actually do something is only, gettting in there your lvl 40 toon is not helping anyone.

35 minutes ago, AliceInWunderland said:

I forgot to ask and maybe someone knows: WHY is it when you're in a party Sayha's goes down faster? That's what I have been reading. That kind of defies logic in the sense you get less exp per MOB in that setup, and shouldn't affect the degeneration rate. But apparently it does? Anyone see this actually work and what happens?

L2 Aden is designed for solo play ( for the most part), now each mob you kill the sayhas grace goes down by a certain number.

so  you kill 100 mobs in an hour solo for 10k XP per 
in a party (of 5) you kill 500 mobs per hour, for 2k XP per, (XP is divided) the game detects mob deaths to reduce your grace. If you do that for adena, then keep doing it if you are doing it for XP, do not.

5 minutes ago, Connex said:

and it also messes with people who want to actually do something is only, gettting in there your lvl 40 toon is not helping anyone.

you think it is someone who cares that they interfere. Yes, and everyone is already accustomed to the fact that if it's random, no one is immune from low lvl afk boxes in your team. Anyone who wants to do something can find other ways to avoid it. Of course, not 100 percent, but still.

2 hours ago, Connex said:

L2 Aden is designed for solo play ( for the most part), now each mob you kill the sayhas grace goes down by a certain number.

so  you kill 100 mobs in an hour solo for 10k XP per 
in a party (of 5) you kill 500 mobs per hour, for 2k XP per, (XP is divided) the game detects mob deaths to reduce your grace. If you do that for adena, then keep doing it if you are doing it for XP, do not.

Yeah, if the kill rate isn't affected (healer casting heal every 5 seconds, not helping do damage - I see this in Cruma frequently) I don't expect Sayha's would be punished...

8 hours ago, Connex said:

on a lvl 40 toon? for real? does your brain even compute? getting in there is a waste of his time and it also messes with people who want to actually do something is only, gettting in there your lvl 40 toon is not helping anyone.

Who cares you ain't helping anyone? you are going to help YOURSELF. You need cookies LOL. I did 10 matches in the last 2 days, 90% of the match were AFKs. 1 match had 3 actives vs 3 actives, just saying. 

You are going for ur own good, who cares about some randoms going for hero that are not your friends or clan members? 

10 hours ago, Connex said:

With my luck my first Oly will pair me with one 😂😂  Remind of ranking in League of Legends and you get a guy that runs and dies the whole match

2 hours ago, Infid3l said:

With my luck my first Oly will pair me with one 😂😂  Remind of ranking in League of Legends and you get a guy that runs and dies the whole match

I just discovered that you need to win those match in ONE DAY. I thought you could simply win 3 fights, at any given time. EHEHEH NO. 

You literally have to win 3 matches out of 5. I managed to win 2 times out of 5 with an alt toon lv 62, i was lucky...but i doubt i'll go for a 3 wins in 1 day, it's nearly impossible. 

With all the people signing alts is a free-point-farm fiesta :v 

1 hour ago, Innis said:

I just discovered that you need to win those match in ONE DAY. I thought you could simply win 3 fights, at any given time. EHEHEH NO. 

You literally have to win 3 matches out of 5. I managed to win 2 times out of 5 with an alt toon lv 62, i was lucky...but i doubt i'll go for a 3 wins in 1 day, it's nearly impossible. 

With all the people signing alts is a free-point-farm fiesta :v 

Wait in a 30 min time frame that doesn’t leave a lot of time if you don’t win 3 right away…

Man I’m really at the point where I can’t stomach giving any more $ to PlayNCW.  I need 310 magic tabs, 40 mil for lvl 80 skill, Agrade armor, and an A grade dagger.  Not to mention I’ve bought at least 80 bracelets from shop zero made it to lvl 3 at 25% chance and if my math is correct 5 should have gone 3 and 1 should have gone 4.  Not to mention my evas talismans broke going +1 and I have no way of getting another.  

It cost’s 200k and every buff in the game and 500 special hp pots to do Trans at lvl 80 on my dagger, I can’t do dentin’s level 3 because I will die in Toi and DV or blow through 40k crappy hp pots in 10 hours.  

What’s my incentive to play this game?  To sit in PotLM swatting lizards 21 hours a day and spend the other 3 in Primeval?  Oh, but I could PvP…. 😂🤣😂🤣😂.  I thought well maybe if I won a pet maybe that would give me some incentive, that didn’t happen.  I’m weighing deleting everything on all my accounts and uninstalling to make sure I never log in this nightmare again.  Maybe I’ll make a TikTok of me doing it.

4 hours ago, Infid3l said:

Man I’m really at the point where I can’t stomach giving any more $ to PlayNCW.  I need 310 magic tabs, 40 mil for lvl 80 skill, Agrade armor, and an A grade dagger.  Not to mention I’ve bought at least 80 bracelets from shop zero made it to lvl 3 at 25% chance and if my math is correct 5 should have gone 3 and 1 should have gone 4.  Not to mention my evas talismans broke going +1 and I have no way of getting another.

so everyone goes through it ... or do you think that some fool will pay to the tablets? I saved up for all my skills for 2 weeks. and mine eva's too broken) 

It cost’s 200k and every buff in the game and 500 special hp pots to do Trans at lvl 80 on my dagger, I can’t do dentin’s level 3 because I will die in Toi and DV or blow through 40k crappy hp pots in 10 hours.  

Um, the first couple of days I couldn't stand there without 500 pots not all the time, but sometimes I had to turn them on. You are most likely in C grade ...

What’s my incentive to play this game?  To sit in PotLM swatting lizards 21 hours a day and spend the other 3 in Primeval?  Oh, but I could PvP…. 😂🤣😂🤣😂.  I thought well maybe if I won a pet maybe that would give me some incentive, that didn’t happen.  I’m weighing deleting everything on all my accounts and uninstalling to make sure I never log in this nightmare again.  Maybe I’ll make a TikTok of me doing it.

why do you play L2 in the first place? People play from nostalgia or w.e others have a goal or like a certain aspect of the game. whats your poison?

you have reached lv80+ and the only available $$ gear right now is agathions/brooches. You wanted some1 to log on the EU server and compare prices? Do it yourself, you will see that a L1k is roughly 40-50 mil, meaning that later on, you will be able to buy 30 Aden talismans (1 per day for 1.5 to 2 L1k's) that is how you get Aden talismans.
**you said Eva's talisman's but I already wrote about the aden one, might as well leave it there. sorry for that

You do olympiad and win 5 games, ( you get a box that gives you talismans) there are not many sources out there that you can do your research so you have to do everything on your own.

All classes but casters use heavy, daggers included, if you are a human, get a B grade set preferably a doom hvy ( a lot will argue but check this) +1 con agathion bracelet/ +1con spinel lv1/ +3 con Doom hvy and if you need buy a venir lv1 for 1 more con to reach a total of 50 con, that threshold gives you 200 pdef, that is huge.

next step is collections, you NEED to do your collections, I cannot stress this enough, pdef/hp/atk speed for sure, some1 posted the basics in Player to Player section? dont remember.

Pets are usefull but right now its every man for himself, you will have to get your hands dirty to get a pet ( PK some1) if you cannot afford to buy one, this means place spies where atingo spawns or hunt where atingo spawns.

I am a tank, I make virtually no profit per day, you should be making at least some adena with a dagger. get to 50 con if you are a human, do your collections, get a hvy set, get to a point where you XP in a location without spending ANY pots if that is possible, if not, try calculating the least amount of pots required.

Finally, you can join a clan that does raids, (depending on what server you are playing) this also includes pvp and of course a higher chance for you to get gear faster.

8 hours ago, Infid3l said:

You are pushing the game too much and you don't have the resources for it, that's the main issue there.

XPing in plains is not a must. If you are not lv 82+ you can hunt in places like silent valley (kinda too crowded) or cruma lower or even war torn plains. Those 3 (2) areas still gives you good XP and you aint wasting much. Even tho, i said already, the difference between WR and GH is huge, i was levelling both and my GH got up to almost 79 (no boost, no green sayha, no p2w) while my WR was dying 4-5 times per day at lv 72 from mobs in war torn, even tho i had C grade heavy set + shield. 

The server is 1 month old, 1 and half probably, A grade items are yet to be affordable for "casuals". Epidemics on Elcadia and TWO on Blackbird are both fully A grade geared since we farm raids 24/7 and we also fight into garden (when TWO manage to scam an ally with drops and show up, they came to fight us with 3-4 different allies so far and they've been off for 2 days now)...so just wait a little longer and A grade will be around the market. 

Trascendence 80+ is a pain for most of the class, especially melee, as mobs are strong and you don't have evasion nor vampiric...i know the pain. 

Pet wont change anything, they don't do dmg unless they are around your level. Which is nearly impossible w/o grinding them 24/7 for weeks. 

As for the magical tablet...yeah that's a huge pain. Daggers require probably the highest amount of tablets to learn skills since we have like...8? (bluff, reset, focus death/power/chance, lv 78 skill, lv 80 skill, critical wound and i'm not wrong even the throw skill at 76)...so yeah it's around 8-10 skills we need to learn. And they are all a must, unlike classes like SE that get AOE heals/debuffs that are not really a must so they can skip 5-6 skills. 

• Like 1

My Con is at 50, I'm in Doom-Light. I know the next patch changes the LA Armor masteries to Armor MAsteries or something like that, but it doesn't make sense to throw away the bonuses you get from having LA compared to the little bit of pdef you gain with heavy armor.  TBH buying a bgrade heavy set would be a waste of resources when I already need an a grade set.  Not to mention  most assassin classes usually have 2 sets of armor, one for pvp and one for pve.  So I would literally need 300-400 mil for that and would see a benefit of wearing it until after January.  My pdef with a scroll is well over 2200, I have two more items that can add a con point, but like said I have 310 magic tablets to buy and I'll probably have to refinance my house to get the agrade dagger, and augments, etc because the aden wep is capped at 76 mine made it to +12 but I know my luck in the game and it's not going any higher.

Yea, SV would be a good place to farm, unfortunately it's packed with ranged classes that don't use manner mode so it's worthless for melee, same goes for WTP.  I can do fine on Cruma 3, but you get idiots who run through your room aggro mobs which drag you into the Big Mean Orc's lair and then you get pk'd leaving you with zero xp until you notice.

10 minutes ago, Infid3l said:

but it doesn't make sense to throw away the bonuses you get from having LA compared to the little bit of pdef you gain with heavy armor

you are wrong, there is. Light armor, in principle, has no right to life in Essence for almost any class (there are many different situational exceptions, you can't list them all, although for example it can be worn by the same ShE or PP, or Bish, and it too will be ok, you just need to start from a specific, your char, and not the class as a whole) For example, ice set is better than lightning for daggers, but if u have lightning leggins +7 is better that ice leggins (and it will be better to walk in a combo set, because of the bonuses from pants) This rule applies to sylphs, for example. In other cases, the ice will be better, of course, PVE is possible in D set +8. As I wrote, there are many ad hoc exceptions. You have no idea how you can develop your char ...

57 minutes ago, Infid3l said:

Not to mention  most assassin classes usually have 2 sets of armor, one for pvp and one for pve

true, but as a rule it is still a set of ice for everyone and for PvE and for PvP. but there are exceptions, again !!! Back to the sylph, the sylph can PVE in BWh up to 90 or in D + 8 and it will be better for him

My pdef with a scroll is well over 2200,

now no one has a lot of p. def, I have 2600 in BWh, I feel fine in Dungeon with 50hp pots

ut like said I have 310 magic tablets to buy and I'll probably have to refinance my house to get the agrade dagger, and augments, etc because the aden wep is capped at 76 mine made it to +12

Buy what will give you maximum efficiency, you can learn the rest later. 

I hope you get that focus death works half strength on skills? :D not 90% , just 45! 90% for autoattack. Koreans decided not to write about it simply

I understand your feelings, I will get level 83 in a week, but for the last 3 weeks I have not seen the progress of the my char because nothing changes on it. Because the A grade market is empty, and if something is sold, then for cosmic prices, and it's not worth it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Innis said:

The server is 1 month old, 1 and half probably, A grade items are yet to be affordable for "casuals". Epidemics on Elcadia and TWO on Blackbird are both fully A grade geared since we farm raids 24/7 and we also fight into garden (when TWO manage to scam an ally with drops and show up, they came to fight us with 3-4 different allies so far and they've been off for 2 days now)...so just wait a little longer and A grade will be around the market.  

Reminds when I started in C2, when B grade ARMOR (not even weapons) was the best you could do. Everyone running around in C grade, etc. Then B weapons hit. Then everything started going haywire. ;) The market opened up in ways I had not anticipated - but bottom line, it happens. When the population has less variation in gear levels, and approach the upper tiers, economies start to open up, but so does inflation. Hopefully competition keeps prices reasonable.

I see a scenario where adena will be used to buy boost stuff because adena can't buy all the stuff LCoins can buy. I mean I bought some gear from some peeps using L2Coin boxes because that's what they wanted in payment. They didn't want adena.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AliceInWunderland said:

I see a scenario where adena will be used to buy boost stuff because adena can't buy all the stuff LCoins can buy. I mean I bought some gear from some peeps using L2Coin boxes because that's what they wanted in payment. They didn't want adena.

That's because people wants to keep those coins for p2w items when they'll drop.

Adenas are usefull untill some point, after you reach a certain point of the game you'll use adenas just for minor things. 

Altho you might use adenas to buy coins. 

1 hour ago, Innis said:

That's because people wants to keep those coins for p2w items when they'll drop.

Adenas are usefull untill some point, after you reach a certain point of the game you'll use adenas just for minor things. 

Altho you might use adenas to buy coins. 

Yeah that's the plan. Generate enough adena per day to buy boxes and then whatever is buyable in the LCoin store. Assuming people still sell them in the future...

I see a lot of ppl that  can't move on in game. The truth is for end gear you need real money but for casual playing is not much hard. You don't need to spend a single euro. Aden server gives a lot of free stuff in the begining. So if you play smart you can enjoy the game. I playing from begining my char is 79 lvl and i do small upgrades every time i had some adena. I don't even use alts chars. I focused on my mains damage to farm  more adena day by day. And as i said i don't have spend single euro. If you have sayas will for 30 days you are fine. I was playing a lot of years on Naia and trust me this version of game is far more easier. So just play have fun enjoy the game. I hope this post to help 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1