Bots

Infid3l

3 hours ago, Roflcopter said:

Did you play classic lineage here in na ?if yes then you should know how they handle bot problems, if not just google it and u will see.

Yea my first acct was banned in C1 because I wrote a macro that did what my Razer mouse and keyboard can both do.  I guess since I wasn’t paying any employee’s a kickback I was free game.

46 minutes ago, Infid3l said:

Yea my first acct was banned in C1 because I wrote a macro that did what my Razer mouse and keyboard can both do.  I guess since I wasn’t paying any employee’s a kickback I was free game.

NCKR already have their own BOT system, i guess ncwest is trying to make an agreement with Adrenaline ppl to make it official... who knows, they got lots of reports and proofs of ppl botting and using 3rd party software, but we see them everyday...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Infid3l said:

So PlayNCW isn’t banning people for using bots now?  I’ve run across several in Cruma, Toi, PotLM.  Are we just accepting this?   Just an FYI, yes I know the difference between a macro run in 3rd party software and a bot.  

Are you really sure those were real bots? Because an update they did a few months ago made it almost impossible to use any bot programs. At least that's what I heard from many people.  Or maybe botters already  found another hole...

22 minutes ago, Takret said:

Are you really sure those were real bots? Because an update they did a few months ago made it almost impossible to use any bot programs. At least that's what I heard from many people.  Or maybe botters already  found another hole...

Yeh, was almost impossible, for like 2 days... :D

2 hours ago, Takret said:

2 hours ago, muash said:

Yeh, was almost impossible, for like 2 days... :D

1 hour ago, Takret said:

Talking from a personal experience? 🙂😜

Considering they built the game using the Unreal engine and it’s been compromised for years there is zero chance they can make an anti-cheat when you can write modifications at a kernel level.  GM’s would actually have to log in the game and witness the actions of players/parties and know enough about the game to make an educated decision.  I haven’t seen a GM on Elcadia.

Hmm well there many f2p servers that actually have a function anti bot systems, they also have active gms banning people. Sadly nothing can be expected here on retail servers. I still can remember this million of botting elven summoners in cruma swamp on classic.....and noone was banned. I reported everyday like 20 or more and they all still botted after months.

But to be fair, since there is a ingame "bot" in Aden/essence does it really matter in the end ?

11 hours ago, Infid3l said:

you can use keyboard/mouse macros now, at least on live you can.

The auto-hunt is very rudimentary, but it works.

It doesn't allow for conditional logic at all. No ordering of skills, timing, etc.

That's fine for my class: I just beat on things.

But for mages and healer types, yes, better automation leads to better mana management and situation management.

We can automate health pot usage below a certain health level, but cannot set a trigger for when to use a healing spell...?

OTHER WEIRDNESS:

Why do DE warriors get just a 1H sword, when humans get 1 1H, Duals, and a Polearm as n00b toons?

Hopefully the game will see some refinement and fixes. Is it a reasonable hope, though? ;)

Remains to be seen.

I'd also love to see an AH because then people can see average pricing in the market, instead of running around from toon to toon in Aden to understand market conditions. Remember: prices are all about relative scarcity. The better the information, the better the whole economy functions, because marginal "search costs" go way down. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AliceInWunderland said:

The auto-hunt is very rudimentary, but it works.

It doesn't allow for conditional logic at all. No ordering of skills, timing, etc.

That's fine for my class: I just beat on things.

But for mages and healer types, yes, better automation leads to better mana management and situation management.

We can automate health pot usage below a certain health level, but cannot set a trigger for when to use a healing spell...?

OTHER WEIRDNESS:

Why do DE warriors get just a 1H sword, when humans get 1 1H, Duals, and a Polearm as n00b toons?

Hopefully the game will see some refinement and fixes. Is it a reasonable hope, though? ;)

Remains to be seen.

I'd also love to see an AH because then people can see average pricing in the market, instead of running around from toon to toon in Aden to understand market conditions. Remember: prices are all about relative scarcity. The better the information, the better the whole economy functions, because marginal "search costs" go way down. 

I’d personally love to be able to delay my lethal blow to 6 or 7 seconds.  Being on zero mp all the time means if I’m attacked my only option is die or bsoe.  I’m actively watching my computer roughly 12hrs a day while I’m working on my other. I do see when I’m getting ganked 80% of the time.   I guess I could run on my laptop and run macros from my mouse, but seems like too much of a bother to switch comps when I’m doing Oly.

as much as I dislike bots, they keep the market going in terms of items and the price down.  Adena sellers are there, I get a pm every time I'm in aden. So it's going on. The price of adena actually determines the market too.

Years ago you could literally go price a specific item on the 3rd party sites and determine its adena value  in game based off that. Like epic jewels or over enchanted gear. A lot of people had no clue that this was really how the market worked. You could also buy an item or a whole account off a 3rd party site. NC knew this and periodically they would do minor housekeeping or a software update that would put the bots down for a days to a week if that. There is also a pvp 3rd party program whose name I won't mention. The lagging when you're near some players isn't because of multi boxes, it's third party programs.

Years ago I got nailed for disabling the third party detection thing they had that would load, lots of us would disable it to speed up loading the game and make it run better. It was just a matter of removing a file and replacing it with another. I didn't get any punishment for it, just a warning.  NC does catch it, but bots keep the lights on to put it one way. The market in game would be trash, you could always tell after an update when third party programs were down, within a week basic craft materials would skyrocket in price.  Bone, leather,thread...you know common stuff used to make high grade materials for gear.

As much as I disliked the bots I also knew what they did for the market, sometimes in dungeons if we could agree on which rooms we each got we could do our business and they did theirs. other times I'd log onto another account and clean out a spot.  Know your bots though, if you wipe out a party it may have belonged to a power clan on the server and that's going to be some heat for you. 

This is from what I experienced over the years, maybe not currently going on, I haven't played live servers for probably 5 years maybe 6.

21 hours ago, 1Peri1 said:

as much as I dislike bots, they keep the market going in terms of items and the price down.  Adena sellers are there, I get a pm every time I'm in aden. So it's going on. The price of adena actually determines the market too.

Years ago you could literally go price a specific item on the 3rd party sites and determine its adena value  in game based off that. Like epic jewels or over enchanted gear. A lot of people had no clue that this was really how the market worked. You could also buy an item or a whole account off a 3rd party site. NC knew this and periodically they would do minor housekeeping or a software update that would put the bots down for a days to a week if that. There is also a pvp 3rd party program whose name I won't mention. The lagging when you're near some players isn't because of multi boxes, it's third party programs.

Years ago I got nailed for disabling the third party detection thing they had that would load, lots of us would disable it to speed up loading the game and make it run better. It was just a matter of removing a file and replacing it with another. I didn't get any punishment for it, just a warning.  NC does catch it, but bots keep the lights on to put it one way. The market in game would be trash, you could always tell after an update when third party programs were down, within a week basic craft materials would skyrocket in price.  Bone, leather,thread...you know common stuff used to make high grade materials for gear.

As much as I disliked the bots I also knew what they did for the market, sometimes in dungeons if we could agree on which rooms we each got we could do our business and they did theirs. other times I'd log onto another account and clean out a spot.  Know your bots though, if you wipe out a party it may have belonged to a power clan on the server and that's going to be some heat for you. 

This is from what I experienced over the years, maybe not currently going on, I haven't played live servers for probably 5 years maybe 6.

Pretty much spot on. It's supply and demand. When supply shifts left, like when bots go bye bye, well, new eq. price if demand is constant is higher than before.

I have my own laundry list of wishes of sorts, but I won't waste my breath.

Though I have seen dominating/monopolist clans rise and fall in the past, this one seems different on Elc. Server. But when your bots/alts can defend a spot like how farmers did in the old days, only way to win is to overwhelm with numbers.

I'm tired. Subjugation time.