Windows 11 keep kicking out clients... Windows 10 are stable.

@Hermes Any update about windows 11 since its been reported in 2021 November?

Buy any new gaming pc as business expenses to test as any new gaming pc will come with windows 11 and check capability issues..

I've scanned NCLauncher with windows troubleshooting seems even Microsoft says same stuff.. Update your game!

Untitled.jpg

Why NCwest cant be like any other company which takes actions when needed...

All other games added capability to they games for windows 11 its a mainstream OS.. 

Alright I managed to solve most of the windows .dll errors, with .dll update

There is no more kernel.dll error in windows 11 now its a Engine.dll failing in L2 ,

Update your engine.dll @Arctic @Hermes to help us solve windows 11 issue ..

Untitled.jpg

Faulting application name: L2.bin, version: 4.0.76.0, time stamp: 0x62f35fd2
Faulting module name: Engine.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62f35f47
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x0077f61e
Faulting process ID: 0x7d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8b9f6865ecbbd
Faulting application path: D:\GAMES\Lineage2 -west\Lineage2\System\L2.bin
Faulting module path: D:\GAMES\Lineage2 -west\Lineage2\System\Engine.dll
Report ID: 7965d339-489e-4f5c-a671-77b4a2204ab9
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

• Thanks 3

On 8/27/2022 at 11:37 AM, DwarfXO said:

I have done half a job for NCwest , found a root cause of l2 crashing on windows 11 , we will see how long it will take for them to update engine.dll to stop it from crashing.

Link in good quality : https://ibb.co/XFfZff8

@DwarfXOThank you for information and also advice given via discord ,

If anyone wants to solve windows kernel.dll or kernel32.dll error use this :https://www.dll-files.com/

File replace will replace all faulty windows modules which may occur via update/setup which also indicates root cause of Lineage 2 crashing on Win11,

On 8/27/2022 at 11:21 AM, DwarfXO said:

There is no more kernel.dll error in windows 11 now its a Engine.dll failing in L2 ,

Untitled.jpg

Unfortunately yes this part we can't solve our selves as we are not allowed to modify game client as its a sole IP of NCsoft ,

Even if we would fix engine.dll ourselves its probably wont let us in the game as Matryoshka(updater) prevents client opening without file check,

Guys we rely on you on this :) 

@Wissp @Hermes 

Edit|:

Also after .dll replace it wont crash so often now , but still crashes but not that much :) 

23 minutes ago, CataPvE said:

would be cool if they fix on windows 11, maybe there i will stop crash,i dunno wtf is going on

Indeed, I have checked launcher files also , seems last update for launchers core files was when windows 7 was a thing , so launcher and game it self is incompatible with windows 11  as game launches thought launcher as a .bat , also some GPU drivers cant detect game also, whole game structure is build on 32bit structure, windows 10 still sports 32bit that's why its a bit more stable than windows 11 , ideal would be to play on windows 7 as you can squeeze full potential on 32bit OS,

Not sure how it does not crash on win10 as windows 10 is partially capable to run 32bit as most of the structure is based on 64bit,

As they don't event bother replying to topic that this issue is flagged and placed as known issue...

Sadly this will get ignored for a long time pointless to talk in forum about this 
NC forces us to look for alternatives ourselves sadly will have to rip game files apart to find the issue :/?? We dont have to do you job to enjoy the game and get fined by modifying intellectual property of the company files , @Hermes @Wissp  don't forces us to do illegal stuff :D 

I REALLY cant understand how is possible such a big company to dont have a smart dude who can fix things, i mean wtf is going on.. pretty sure there are some guys who can do it for free but they aint allowed,why dont u hire a smart guy to fix this ? i mean people complain since 2-3 years and u can get it fixed for a few $....

why is it so complicated MAN wow..

Im not even sure how many ncsoft west employers have but pretty sure one of them is captable to fix this. Let's say there aint anyone but they can do a contest for people in-game who can fix that problem , reward a med item and problem fixed for "free" .

Its not normal for a such a big company to dont have a decent support, to dont fix anything so people can play without disconnects or crash..

U like people to complain 24/7 ? alot of threads out there for random dc's , for crashes,nobody doing anything.. u just ignore instead of fix them for a super low ammount.

@Hermes@Wissp

People in 2022 buy high-end PCs (RTX 3090 and more) to play Lineage2. Lineage2. A 2002/2003 game. 

And then they complaint that the game isn't compatible with Windows 11.

Of course it's not. NC has abandoned L2. I don't know when you guys will realize this. They don't care for the game anymore, they care only to grab as much money they can.

Korea, EU, NA. All versions.

3 hours ago, Arkidis said:

People in 2022 buy high-end PCs (RTX 3090 and more) to play Lineage2. Lineage2. A 2002/2003 game. 

And then they complaint that the game isn't compatible with Windows 11.

Of course it's not. NC has abandoned L2. I don't know when you guys will realize this. They don't care for the game anymore, they care only to grab as much money they can.

Korea, EU, NA. All versions.

Well I need to buy 15 year old machine to play old game? 

Look at LOL ,WoW and other old games they have adapted.. 

Nobody has PC from 2005 which we used to call high spec PC (with Nvidia 7600GT 512ram)

And don't lie to me that your pc has 2gb of ram and GPU with 128mb..

i recently got a couple win 11 pc's "fixed"

i downloaded a fresh usb copy of win 11 from internet official site

i restored pc using that installer and completely wiping hd

did updates for all stuff and installed all i needed

last i installed L2

all worked fine

• Administrators

Hello everyone,

We have been talking to the Dev regarding issues with Windows 11.

Right now, I ask that you please send any crash reports/logs to our Customer Service team. We have been collecting these and sharing them with the Dev so they can find the common issue cause and have it addressed.

Thank you,
Hermes

7 hours ago, Hermes said:

Hello everyone,

We have been talking to the Dev regarding issues with Windows 11.

Right now, I ask that you please send any crash reports/logs to our Customer Service team. We have been collecting these and sharing them with the Dev so they can find the common issue cause and have it addressed.

Thank you,
Hermes

Well the problem on windows 11 is that u don`t get any error or crash,it just close without any error.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CataPvE said:

Well the problem on windows 11 is that u don`t get any error or crash,it just close without any error.

Exactly, but I think the devs should have been aware of it by now, because we have had this problem for quite some time.

On 8/27/2022 at 11:21 AM, DwarfXO said:

Untitled.jpg

@Hermes That's pretty much clearest error /crash which you can get with fresh installed windows 11 as client closes abnormally without any crash window

12 minutes ago, voo said:

imo....peeps that do updates/patches alot from older versions to new have chance for major problems with l2.  by doing clean install from official latest and greatest windows 11 led no problems for me.

I did that 3times from official Microsoft website official windows 11 with full update+ latest drivers (cant go more official than that) , unfortunately it haven't helped just stayed same random crashes , 

@DwarfXO helped me a bit with .dll files but unfortunately issue remains , I wont reinstall windows 4th time as I'm 100% guaranteed it wont help.

i had to do completely fresh clean install....no saved files whatsover....in windows recovery it was special option to wipe everything and install from usb.....I know its frustrating and horrible....good luck to all