Windows 11 keep kicking out clients... Windows 10 are stable.

ok, when i got to Windows Update, Settings, Advanced, Recovery in attempts to rollback to Windows 10, Microsoft suggest if I want to update when I choose App didn't work reason.  So i thought, well, I got so many other windows 10 machines, I just log my toons over there and use this as a test.

So before going to sleep, I made additional new windows 11 update, loaded 3 clients.  I did this on both Windows 11 machines.  Tomorrow when I wake up and they're all connected, this test will be a success for Windows 11.  

On 11/8/2021 at 9:20 AM, GhostintheShell said:

Anyone experiencing Windows 11 causing clients to just vanish from Windows?  It's not even like a disconnect, the whole client would just gone for no reason.  happens on 2x windows 11 machine.  3 other windows 10, never once done that.

Yes i have exactly the same problem. Suddenly L2 window disappears. I had 3 times that problem the first day after upgraded to W11, and then almost 1 time per day....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

i started to get this issue after windows 11 update KB5009566 in which they updated kernel32.dll, the game just disappears randomly

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL

known issues

After installing Windows 11, some image editing programs might not render colors correctly on certain high dynamic range (HDR) displays. This is frequently observed with white colors, which could display in bright yellow or other colors.

This issue occurs when certain color-rendering Win32 APIs return unexpected information or errors under specific conditions. Not all color profile management programs are affected, and color profile options available in the Windows 11 Settings page, including Microsoft Color Control Panel, are expected to function correctly.

After installing this update, IP Security (IPSEC) connections that contain a Vendor ID might fail. VPN connections using Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) or IP security Internet Key Exchange (IPSEC IKE) might also be affected.

• Like 1

well i have 12 crypto mining laptops https://askdrten.com/images/mj12_04.PNG  and 6 of them are running Windows 11... so I can confidently say, 6 out of 6 was extremely unstable while the other 6 of 6 Windows 10 were rock solid. 

With the amount of laptops and systems, I can confidently say NCsoft developers must have known and quietly patched things up for Windows 11 recently.   Hopefully it'll continue to improve and fix whatever you have as well.  Try to play with different resolution, graphics setting - I've heard that the crash associate with L2 on Win11 are graphics related.

I had to rollback to Windows 10. Here after ~24hrs connected the l2 client popped the GuameGuard error. I tried a few times and preferred to go back to Windows 10.

For this reason I recommend waiting a few more months for Windows 11 to stabilize.

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, sanneh said:

Hello? Windows 11 is a mainstream operating system. Where is the support for this client? I cannot play the game for more than 15 minute without client closing abruptly. ??

I recommend you to backup your data and reinstall Windows 10.

I have gotten myself Windows 11 couple months back and I have been gone through a lot of disconnects, closing windows randomly, freezes.

The game is not supporting Windows 11 yet.

Since 3 days I went back to Windows 10 and it seems to work flawless.

9 hours ago, Calyope said:

Same problem with 11 i rollback window 10 all good. Don't waste time insisting. This problem occurred in all my configurations with w11. Just go back to w10 that will no longer occur. 

Some people cant reroll as new devices got already pre installed win11 ,

I had my update to win11 , had to rollback to win10 due to same client closures due to kernel error ,

Sadly once I rerolled to win10 i had inherited that error even on win10,

So I went back to Win11 

What I did to work around , to minimize random crashes,

1) Go to nvidia(or radeon graphic settings)

2)Reset L2 to default  setting in graphic drivers

3)Go in game settings and open detailed settings,

4) Things to switch of in game to minimize white coloured shader crash:

•       a)Shadows
  •       b)Out of Focusing effects
  •       c)Shader
  •       d)Reduce brightness to lowest you can "up to your eye how low you can go"
  •       e)Do not use optimize performance (as win11 does not dedicates resources to this function and puts app to sleep once its dropped down to task bar)
  •       f)Do not use lower detail settings

Hope it helps guys , It worked for me for a month now once I will get more time to find out what triggers random crash as just kernel report is not enough to investigate I post a solution how to fix this on win11,

NCsoft is known for a slow calls for upgrading game, just remember how long it took to get win10 capability...

Hey Hey, I started getting the Windows 11 client close with no error too. I did a file scan each time, seemed to help some. Then I deleted the system file and updated. That helped a little more, but still got the boot off. I then deleted the entire game and did a complete file delete and trash bin clean out. Reinstalled the game and have had  no DCs all day today. Happy hunting all, hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

i have messed around with this quite alot over multiple pc's.  I think it all depends on the way your pc updates windows and L2.  some win 11 pc's i own work flawless...others dont...weird.  all my pc's started at win 10....but some of them no matter what i do dont play nice on win 11 and L2.