Server unstable last week, fix it NCSOFT!!

Last week, none of my toons can connect stable to the Chronos server!  I see everyone else also D/C randomly near where I XP... Chronos server is at fault!  

NC GMs, c'mon guys, with the last of the loyal players at least give us a stable XP environment and not constant random D/C!  people are going to quit for good if you don't fix this shit.

i was just coming here to post about this:

@Juji

ever since the slayer enchant event ended, the server has been extremely laggy and random dc's have been increasing as well as melee lag.  this is also when the neutral zone adena nerf was implemented that you had no idea existed.

some things ive personally seen:

rubberbanding / black screen porting / pets resetting locations - all while simply moving my character. this happens right after maintenance in isle of souls when no one is there and server is light...

toi and dim toi have random "disconnected from server".  oddly, i never had this issue before the maintenance i reference above. in fact, the dc's have been so good, the last 2 weeks I have been disconnected right at 4am thursday morning wiping my party to lay dead for an hour before dc'ing with 10-20 mins left.  this is literally twice in a row this exact same thing happened

melee lag is back. skill - swing daggers - skill skill - swing daggers.  this used to be fixed

load game client, see splash screen, nothing loads, you are back to launcher and start game (this happens 3-4 times in a row sometimes now)

i dont know wtf is going on, but something isnt right. the sheer silence about all of this since that maintenance is unfortunate.

edit: i am in the usa, i have ping in the 40ms range. nothing else is disconnecting in my house. i have 2 laptops, its happening on both. no other game or service i use lags or behaves like this.

in fact, L2 didnt behave like this until a few weeks ago...

• Like 2

I'm so glad people see the constant DC, that I literally am taking a break since the maintenance 02/23/22.  @iHyperlite did you notice after this last maintenance, stability has returned?  If not, I'm just going to wait it out until they fix this server bullshit.  don't want to waste my anger over a game.

@Juji for the love of God... please acknowledge you have receive this complaint and relay the message to the IT guys at the cloud hosting.  are you guys still paying amazon aws to host chronos?

3 hours ago, GhostintheShell said:

I'm so glad people see the constant DC, that I literally am taking a break since the maintenance 02/23/22.  @iHyperlite did you notice after this last maintenance, stability has returned?  If not, I'm just going to wait it out until they fix this server bullshit.  don't want to waste my anger over a game.

@Juji for the love of God... please acknowledge you have receive this complaint and relay the message to the IT guys at the cloud hosting.  are you guys still paying amazon aws to host chronos?

seems the same to me.

i hear lost ark is to blame for our lag.  dont really believe that though since we on aws and i dont see why that would only affect l2 performance and no other aws hosted products.

On 2/24/2022 at 1:25 PM, iHyperlite said:

melee lag is back. skill - swing daggers - skill skill - swing daggers.  this used to be fixed

I thought that was my idea,but no, melee lag is back since last server maintenance.

From few days I do only daylies and some times zones then log out. I save my electricity and nerves! It’s soo annoying. I recognise that macro skip the skills and potions with  buff don’t work on time or my  iss disconnected. My char eat sand from the ground few times during last week. It was never happened before to me. Also this random DC is soo annoying. Last time on FOS my party members got DC every 10-5 min. 

This is because of the anti-bot/cheater solution… it attempts to access out of range/illegal memory that crashes the app. Think it’s trying to do some dll injections when the operation system (AV software) flags this behavior as a worm able Trojan.

windows 11 sees this and will immediately kill the game with out any catch (error handling)

I would strongly suggest monitoring your internet traffic for any unusual connections try using wireshark to see exactly where the game is attempting to connect to. i suspect some of the traffic generated by the game is not going to AWS NC west.