Hermes / Wissp - Serious Problem with support staff

Slycutter

I currently have a ticket where a SENIOR GM said macros are not to be used when your not at the PC. @Wissp@HermesDid I miss the memo when using macros is now considered botting?

Have any of you tried to xp in this game without going afk because the game cannot be played actively if you want your toon to ever level.

If that is the case remove macros, auto hunting features, and automatic SS and then just turn the game off lol

LIKE REALLY

6 hours ago, Slycutter said:

no he said in game macros plan as day in his response to me so please don't tell me what was or was not said; I would post it here but that is a violation of TOS.

This is a thing ever since repeatable macros exist.

Their stance on it is that you shouldn't leave your toon unattended when hunting and if something happens because of that, it's on you.

19 hours ago, Slycutter said:

I currently have a ticket where a SENIOR GM said macros are not to be used when your not at the PC. @Wissp@HermesDid I miss the memo when using macros is now considered botting?

Have any of you tried to xp in this game without going afk because the game cannot be played actively if you want your toon to ever level.

If that is the case remove macros, auto hunting features, and automatic SS and then just turn the game off lol

LIKE REALLY

Well they are about keyboard macros like logitech/razer and etc. 

Its pretty obvious..

I see a lot of people using jump skills in town after limited zones(mainly archers flying around town) and its quite easy to detect who is afk and using 3rd party software,  just spawn a pumpking and they will attack it in town.. 

So basically you know why senior GM said that as you were caught using 3rd party software not in game macro's I presume?

Im surprised that it is even allowed when you are at pc as eula says no 3rd party software..

That's not what he said, that's what people read.  He implied using a macro mouse to spam skills, just like jamming a penney to hold the key down is legit, any1 can do that.  People read into that as oh,, i  can run 3 separate macro's now if i have a way to do it.   That is NOT what was said.  And when he was asked to clearify that, he never spoke again on that matter.   You are not meant to be able to do things others can't, period, use your common sense.  You are downloading 3rd party software that is allowing you to be able to do things others can't, that is what they were trying to stop.  It's an "unfair advantage."   

But I agree, no 1 is getting banned these days

6 hours ago, AshesOfAden said:

Well they are about keyboard macros like logitech/razer and etc. 

Its pretty obvious..

I see a lot of people using jump skills in town after limited zones(mainly archers flying around town) and its quite easy to detect who is afk and using 3rd party software,  just spawn a pumpking and they will attack it in town.. 

So basically you know why senior GM said that as you were caught using 3rd party software not in game macro's I presume?

Im surprised that it is even allowed when you are at pc as eula says no 3rd party software..

No I wasn't caught doing anything it had to do with someone exploiting afk toons who were xping similar to the cursed sword issue in instanced zones.  There answer is simply don't be afk and it won't be a problem.

8 hours ago, Slycutter said:

No I wasn't caught doing anything it had to do with someone exploiting afk toons who were xping similar to the cursed sword issue in instanced zones.  There answer is simply don't be afk and it won't be a problem.

Sly, I would believe that by now you would have understood how they operate. Most of the times, we don't get answers we want, as they are afraid to get exposed.

My advice is that, since posts never resolve this, and GMs on forums have little to non communication with support nor they can effectively do something, if something works, don't touch it. 

AFK macroing belongs in one of these functions.

I know it's frustrating talking to a wall, but this is what we are doing now.

❤️ a lot!

cheers