Wynn's Rehabilitation Program

Quenia

Hello,

as many people might know (while definitely few care) Wynn has the privilege to be one of the most neglected classes (along with some tyrrs).

While it is cheap and easy to play in low mid lvl, it is almost unplayable  103+ considering the complexities/adversities you have to overcome and the resources you need in order to be able to to put out just "decent" dmg.

My suggestions regard two main issues:

1. Terrible scaling power with ingame items or levels

At the moment there are only a handful of items that boost Summoner's abilities noticeable i.e. Ruby, Giant Crit Dmg , PvE cloaks (only the buff part).

Ability points, Special abilities, augments of any kind, Circlets, Belts, Talismans (but abundance), Artifacts give almost insignificant boosts as they don't transfer to pets in a sufficient proportion to matter. P.atk era is gone, long live crit dmg!

Suggestion 1: Tune Up Ultimate servitor Share

Increase P.Crit dmg %  that transfers to pets so we that building up crit dmg (through epics or augs/SAs) is viable.

Suggestion 2: Sharing equipment transfers PVE/PVP status from every item

Expand Sharing Equipment's effect to any PVE/PVP status acquired on Summoner (Belts, Cloaks, Circlet, Augs, SAs)

2. Reestablish Wynn's presence in groups (PVE and PVP)

Wynn, imho, is a very versatile class and have the necessary tools to be able to play many roles in a party, it is just left to die because of the lack of new content, items and improvements. Why take a Summoner in exp party who hits for 0 dmg AoE (even in Bloody weapon^^), its pets die every 10 sec in factions and offers no significant buff/debuff on party? Noone!

Suggestion 1: Rescale AoE skills' power and critical rate

Simple and clean! All summoners got range pets with AoE skills with decent cooldowns, but they are very weak (~10% - 15%  of direct atk dmg) and they crit like never!

Suggestion 2: AoE Debuff +Crit dmg (my personal favorite)

On the upcoming update (Fafurion or w/e it's called) Wynn gains the ability to debuff the target he attacks directly for 2-3 secs, when he has Link of Loyalty lv.5, for +30% Crit dmg (like CW).

If this debuff is fixed to be applied through AoE skills to every target (which it doesn't, at least at korean version (checked with 4r4m)) then i think it's a huge step forward!

I hope that some of the aforementioned can be applied in our version and put some diversity back in that Yull/Feoh game, which used to be so much more interesting!

Hail Ponies, Cats and Ugly Black Ghouls!

Unmentioned

I totally disregarded:

- The outdated pet interface with lack of info (and 4 pet slots lmao)

- Laggy commands

- Inconsistencies in ranged pets' weapon/armor type

-PvP and mass PvP mechanisms

@Neutron

The solution I'd really like would be to allow wynns develop their magic stats, after all they do not have a fighter base. Consequently, pets could be made magic too and they could use spiritshots again, or wynn's magic power would simply add (transfer) to pets' fighting abilities in a reasonable ratio, like m.atk to p.atk etc.

First of all, NEED TO FIX SERVITOR SHARE!

What the hell, i have full stun jewelry but cats catching stuns from Kalios in k95 again and again...

Y, i know that servitor share transfers only PVE/PVE Weapon/Armor stats.

But what about other PVP, PVE equip: belts, cloaks, hats...???

The real problem is that Wynn has lost its role in this game. It has no chance to access top xp zones (Elven/Orfen) hence has great difficulty on lvling past 102-103.

It is no fun to play outside a party and not being able to experience game's features with the class u enjoy playing (PvE & PvP). This game isn't desinged  for solo playing.

I try from my pov to point out the flaws in the current game design/strategy but w/o any success.

If things don't get better I'd rather abandon ship (after 12 years in l2 official) and put my time and resources somewhere that they are more appreciated.

• 5 months later...

Sorry if I bump an old topic but I want to input some of my opinions.

Regarding summoner for example in Aion, summoner have nice PvP skill like mass fear that can be exploited in open PvP. I did not play Aion in many years so what happen in current Aion I have no knowledge about it.

My point is Wynn have debuff that can be use in PvP scenario but in our version now seems useless. I don't speak for all Wynn users and did not have nice gears to PvP anyway or in top clans or something but at least for us who wanted to PvE casually we need a fix to ensure longevity of this class.

Archived