The Greater rune stone in the 19th Anniversary boxes is a joke, right?

Was this meant to troll us? Are you trying to make you player base even more disillusioned and upset than we already are? Do you just refuse to listen to us? I know the answer to all of these questions, I'm just trying to figure out WHY you would pretend to listen, pretend to care, make an announcement about "hooking us up" with boxes that drop greater rune stones after we have been BEGGING for them for 3 months, only to make the chance SO LOW, that none drop. 

Why? 

I have 11 account thats I have made over the last 16 years, I have opened 200 boxes 3 times now for a grand total of 600 attempts. I have not got even ONE stone. ( I have buffers and DD's all over level 118 that I would LOVE to have skills on, but don't due to your refusal to put the item in the game) 

Now.. just to show how RIDICULOUS the rates are,  let's pretend for a minute that I got one out of 600 (I haven't)

1 out of 600 WOULD have been a  %0.16 or a 0.00166666 chance , yes that is nearly a TENTH of a percent of a chance.. and that is IF 1 out of 600 dropped. But.. ZERO have dropped. I feel the actual rate is FAR, FAR lower. No one likes how the game has been run lately, but this.. the way you have handled your player base and the Greater Rune stone starvation is an absolute all time low for you.. This is just shameful.

Thanks for nothing.... again...  and again... and again... and again... and again... 

• Like 2

Maybe the rate are that low because players like you has 10,  20, 100 accounts and brokes the game mechanism.

It was supposed to have only one account per player, max 3 accounts.  

I have just 3 accounts and, if in this event i get just one stone I would be happy.

If  a single player (not accounts) get one or two per event would be awesome.

The problems starts when players like you with 11 accounts get like 3 or 4 stones instead of just one and simply broken the market and the idea of make that skills be such hard to get at moment. 

I suggest to NCsoft to add a rune to increase rate on l2 store box when you buy a prestige pack.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, NotFriend said:

Maybe the rate are that low because players like you has 10,  20, 100 accounts and brokes the game mechanism.

It was supposed to have only one account per player, max 3 accounts.  

I have just 3 accounts and, if in this event i get just one stone I would be happy.

If  a single player (not accounts) get one or two per event would be awesome.

The problems starts when players like you with 11 accounts get like 3 or 4 stones instead of just one and simply broken the market and the idea of make that skills be such hard to get at moment. 

I suggest to NCsoft to add a rune to increase rate on l2 store box when you buy a prestige pack.

I"m trying to figure out why some people think the number of accounts would dictate the odds at which NCSoft would put on the chances to get the items. The game has many times flooded the market with something that was at one time very hard to get. DW1's for instance. Now you say the difference is one you had to buy and the other is free. So free means lets make it almost astronomically impossible because some peeps have more accounts than others? Why would anyone think that makes sense? We've had 4 months of pay for events were the odds for a G-Rune was obviously = to the odds for an advanced DW. Guessing that made sense also. These odds have nothing to do with the amount of accounts individuals have, and everything to do with the NCSoft Super Troll action that we are currently experiencing. They don't seem to give a darn about the current player base.  Crazy aint it.

• Like 2

@GM_SKY @GM_EVA @GM_dufo 

Why can't you give each level 110 player ONE (non-tradeable) Great Rune for free ?
At level 110, each player needs 6 Great Runes 3 per main character 3 per character support. And the prices at the trading post have not changed since the beginning of the event 1 rune costs 130 billion

I agree that on your part on the 19th anniversary not to give the players even 1 rune is trolling

• Like 1

You really have no clue why number of the accounts per player changes the game meccanism and items ?
Let`s  make it diferent. Why NCSoft limited the number of accounts running at same time to 3 ? Any clue ?
Another one:
What is diference between "bot farmers" and "account farmers "?
"But I can only show you the door. You’re the one that has to walk through its". (Matrix)

19 minutes ago, NotFriend said:

You really have no clue why number of the accounts per player changes the game meccanism and items ?
Let`s  make it diferent. Why NCSoft limited the number of accounts running at same time to 3 ? Any clue ?
Another one:
What is diference between "bot farmers" and "account farmers "?
"But I can only show you the door. You’re the one that has to walk through its". (Matrix)

So your logic is you think NCSoft logically thought about the many accounts some people have and then implemented a % to ensure that said accounts don't get a lot of G-runes? So, freak us, because little Johnny has a lot of accounts? That would make sense to you? If that was the thing, why not make the algorthm take into account the number of accounts coming from a particular IP and work from there? Why take the lowest road possible.? Because NCSoft is NCSoft, and you give them wayyyy to much credit that they really really really don't deserve. The number of accounts have no meaning. Its just super bad odds. 

7 hours ago, LittleChill said:

So your logic is you think NCSoft logically thought about the many accounts some people have and then implemented a % to ensure that said accounts don't get a lot of G-runes? So, freak us, because little Johnny has a lot of accounts? That would make sense to you? If that was the thing, why not make the algorthm take into account the number of accounts coming from a particular IP and work from there? Why take the lowest road possible.? Because NCSoft is NCSoft, and you give them wayyyy to much credit that they really really really don't deserve. The number of accounts have no meaning. Its just super bad odds. 

Its an extra work to make a script to run in background and calculate odds within IP/hwid limit which would make odds for each individual IP/Hwid, if someone would connect from another IP on same account whats then? or if I would ask my sister to borrow PC via remote for 5min which lives in Australia so i could log in for a second to open boxes?  to be honest not even a single game got that kind of mechanic script its does not make sense :D to many things needs to be evaluated and a lot of scenarios to be taken in consideration. It's a business they wont do that kind of things as there is to many risks involved and its not logical at all...

And yes I do think NC logically thought that people have more than 1 account and took it into consideration when they make odds for event/sales thats why most of the thing is once per account/not tradable , as they know people would buy another thing from next account and trade it , not a rocket science to figure it out its common sense.

I really have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, the rates are a joke, but on the other when I hear people have dozens of accounts I'm like, meh, f...orget it. 

Dear NC West, do not make events which favor people with a crazy number of accounts. Think about something more engaging than opening 19 boxes a day per account, maybe a quest-like experience which requires you to make some effort and ideally within some specific time slots. I know people with dozen accounts would still have an advantage, but it wouldn't be that huge. Maybe then rates could be better.

BTW, @GM_EVA could you let us know what is the limit on the number of Greater Rune Stones from event boxes per server?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Helv said:

I really have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, the rates are a joke, but on the other when I hear people have dozens of accounts I'm like, meh, f...orget it. 

Dear NC West, do not make events which favor people with a crazy number of accounts. Think about something more engaging than opening 19 boxes a day per account, maybe a quest-like experience which requires you to make some effort and ideally within some specific time slots. I know people with dozen accounts would still have an advantage, but it wouldn't be that huge. Maybe then rates could be better.

BTW, @GM_EVA could you let us know what is the limit on the number of Greater Rune Stones from event boxes per server?

Agree , its not enough people with deepest pockets monopolised market in game but the guys with most accounts would monopolise free event :D 

• Like 1

If you as a player. like to run your own party, and have taken the time and the money and invested to have 11 player, WHY should you have any less chance at an item per account than everyone else?

People need to stop looking at things as being "unfair" because of time and effort others put into the game, and start looking at the root cause. GR stones are 170b in the AH NOT because of players having 10 accounts, it's because NC Soft West has taken an item, that used to be a plentiful drop in the game, OUT nearly completely. GR stones used to be about 15b, the prices you are seeing are a DIRECT cause and effect of the decreased drop rate. 

Let me explain something real quick that people are obviously failing to grasp here. Normal players do not have gear to participate in things like sieges. If you flood the market with things like GR stones, then the supply goes UP and prices go DOWN, this makes things CHEAPER. CHEAPER things in the game, means more players, more people can enjoy the content of the game. Once upon a time, ALL players could FARM ALL things needed in this game, NC Soft West has made that an impossibility now. Adena is limited (unless you have multiple accounts) Ether is limited, and account bound, dragon claws are limited, bloods are limited, Items needed for enchanting, like goold and black cards, do not drop, pots do not drop, roses aside from what you get from dailies, do not drop, MOST ITEMS IN THE GAME DO NOT DROP. 

WHY? Supply and demand, when the supply is low, it increases demand, and if you haven't noticed,  NC Soft West will "price" items in their for sale boxes based on current ingame market prices which THEY control, through.. once again, supply and demand. 

WE need to stop the trolling other people, WE as a community need to STOP placing blame on one another, WE as a community need to start focusing on the REAL issues, which is price manipulation through the starvation of items on the server.  

WE should demand better. 

24 minutes ago, Helv said:

you do not make mentees? the "tons" of accounts is nothing more than accounts with 105 lvl toons built over time, you just do a new account every mentee you need and you are eligible to participate in such events, thats it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Connex said:

you do not make mentees? the "tons" of accounts is nothing more than accounts with 105 lvl toons built over time, you just do a new account every mentee you need and you are eligible to participate in such events, thats it. 

Lol I did when Atlas earing came out,  I did create toon for mentee by the time i finish getting first two to 105 lvl second toon in same account is deleted  and start over again?

Just now, Kysannia said:

If you as a player. like to run your own party, and have taken the time and the money and invested to have 11 player, WHY should you have any less chance at an item per account than everyone else?

People need to stop looking at things as being "unfair" because of time and effort others put into the game, and start looking at the root cause. GR stones are 170b in the AH NOT because of players having 10 accounts, it's because NC Soft West has taken an item, that used to be a plentiful drop in the game, OUT nearly completely. GR stones used to be about 15b, the prices you are seeing are a DIRECT cause and effect of the decreased drop rate. 

Let me explain something real quick that people are obviously failing to grasp here. Normal players do not have gear to participate in things like sieges. If you flood the market with things like GR stones, then the supply goes UP and prices go DOWN, this makes things CHEAPER. CHEAPER things in the game, means more players, more people can enjoy the content of the game. Once upon a time, ALL players could FARM ALL things needed in this game, NC Soft West has made that an impossibility now. Adena is limited (unless you have multiple accounts) Ether is limited, and account bound, dragon claws are limited, bloods are limited, Items needed for enchanting, like goold and black cards, do not drop, pots do not drop, roses aside from what you get from dailies, do not drop, MOST ITEMS IN THE GAME DO NOT DROP. 

WHY? Supply and demand, when the supply is low, it increases demand, and if you haven't noticed,  NC Soft West will "price" items in their for sale boxes based on current ingame market prices which THEY control, through.. once again, supply and demand. 

WE need to stop the trolling other people, WE as a community need to STOP placing blame on one another, WE as a community need to start focusing on the REAL issues, which is price manipulation through the starvation of items on the server.  

WE should demand better. 

if you did not undertsant how the game worked, had the right class with the right gear and of course all the right buffs you could not do anything, even at that time that you describe a new player would have to struggle, the difference is that bakc then, the total amount of items was far less than it is now.

Just now, AshesOfAden said:

Lol I did when Atlas earing came out,  I did create toon for mentee by the time i finish getting first two to 105 lvl second toon in same account is deleted  and start over again?

why do that when you can make multiple accounts and participate in the free events? 

5 minutes ago, Connex said:

why do that when you can make multiple accounts and participate in the free events? 

Well I dont think that way , what takes longer to register account or click delete character when we are talking only about mentees? :D

This game is a game not a competition or challenge which you need to accomplish why look at game this way? 

To be honest I barely play at all , I spend more time in this forum and other game forums :D 

• Haha 1

If you guys dont have more than 3 accounts AT LEAST  then youre the ones missing out...  I have heaps of accounts, with different stuff on them...  Diff classes ect...  MORE CHANCES AT FREE CRAP TO CLOG UP THE WH...     This 19th event MUST be another JOKE....     Lets HOPE they are just messing with us and on the last few days they flood us with them....    New skills and 3-4 failed bullshit events with ZERO G Rune Stones....      3 Months and NOTHING....  Seriously  NC, get ur act together....   This is EMBARASSING..  

1 hour ago, AshesOfAden said:

Well I dont think that way , what takes longer to register account or click delete character when we are talking only about mentees? :D

This game is a game not a competition or challenge which you need to accomplish why look at game this way? 

To be honest I barely play at all , I spend more time in this forum and other game forums :D 

you need to start thinking differently! but at the same time every player has his own playstyle and time to devote to the game. 

you measure time vs return "oh just a mentee" delete, make a new *! What if i told you that i have more than 3x  110/105 eviscerators ( hoping to get them 112 by christmas) that will be used for next Rim kamaloka and that is besides my main/buffers etc or they can farm crisis every day ( yeah I have tradable gear) so 400-500 boxes per day total. 15000 boxes per month and you do not really need prestige for that.

I am just taking advantage of every free item they give, am I cutting back my progress? yes
but even though it might seem trivial I am planning for the future so I can get more free stuff and now with the overall decreased rates, its worth it even more. 

*after having like 5-6-7 or how many accounts you think is required, you can delete 1-2 mentees BUT you should keep at least 4-5 toons on every account,
e.g. they have vit maintaining and erupting potions a while ago, i got 85 erupting per toon on each account, some accounts have ver 400 erupting just waiting for a new toon I might decide or maybe the new class ( if I am still playing)

2 hours ago, AshesOfAden said:

Its an extra work to make a script to run in background and calculate odds within IP/hwid limit which would make odds for each individual IP/Hwid, if someone would connect from another IP on same account whats then? or if I would ask my sister to borrow PC via remote for 5min which lives in Australia so i could log in for a second to open boxes?  to be honest not even a single game got that kind of mechanic script its does not make sense :D to many things needs to be evaluated and a lot of scenarios to be taken in consideration. It's a business they wont do that kind of things as there is to many risks involved and its not logical at all...

And yes I do think NC logically thought that people have more than 1 account and took it into consideration when they make odds for event/sales thats why most of the thing is once per account/not tradable , as they know people would buy another thing from next account and trade it , not a rocket science to figure it out its common sense.

First you say they know, then you say we know a way to make it so they don't know..So they are good, but not good enough. They're aware, but unaware.. I'm thinking you prove a point, but not sure what point you proved. Mine or yours. All good. They don't care, and the number of accounts don't matter. IMHO.

1 hour ago, LittleChill said:

First you say they know, then you say we know a way to make it so they don't know..So they are good, but not good enough. They're aware, but unaware.. I'm thinking you prove a point, but not sure what point you proved. Mine or yours. All good. They don't care, and the number of accounts don't matter. IMHO.

There is a way to make a lot of things same with smartphones why would they make phone which never brakes, screens which never cracks and etc. We have technology to do that now obviously it will be more expensive phones lifespan will increase 750% more ,apart from chip failures you cant avoidthat yet (silicone gamble), but why would you make a phone which wont break and make customers happy and it would cost 10k $ to make/buy if you can make 1 new phone every year for $ 1k each ,

There is a lot of things which could be made simplier and easier but its never done ,company wise why would you invest in ip/hwid tracking calculating technology rather than investing on something else which could make more money, even when you look at NCkorea Lineage 2 forum people slagging them off for being 0% customer friendly company and koreans got 100 times better events/sales and they dont have Hermes who reduces rates on everything :D

Long story short ,

NCsoft is bad and people with 20-50 accounts are bad :D 

Just to be clear i dont support account farmers with account count more than there is chickens in uncle Roger farm ,

And NcSoft for pulling events like this where people are upset by not getting GST's(even with 30-90 accounts as there was no decent event/sale for last year or so to get GST's, and also making game with absolutely 0 chance of getting anything in game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kysannia said:

I found another 105 character, so now we're at 0 for 819 

Or... ZERO %

Please if someone has received a GR stone form the 19th ann boxes, please post so we can keep a running total on the server. 

i actually got one... after roughly the same numbers... learned my 115 skill :)

17 hours ago, AshesOfAden said:

There is a way to make a lot of things same with smartphones why would they make phone which never brakes, screens which never cracks and etc. We have technology to do that now obviously it will be more expensive phones lifespan will increase 750% more ,apart from chip failures you cant avoidthat yet (silicone gamble), but why would you make a phone which wont break and make customers happy and it would cost 10k $ to make/buy if you can make 1 new phone every year for $ 1k each ,

There is a lot of things which could be made simplier and easier but its never done ,company wise why would you invest in ip/hwid tracking calculating technology rather than investing on something else which could make more money, even when you look at NCkorea Lineage 2 forum people slagging them off for being 0% customer friendly company and koreans got 100 times better events/sales and they dont have Hermes who reduces rates on everything :D

Long story short ,

NCsoft is bad and people with 20-50 accounts are bad :D 

Just to be clear i dont support account farmers with account count more than there is chickens in uncle Roger farm ,

And NcSoft for pulling events like this where people are upset by not getting GST's(even with 30-90 accounts as there was no decent event/sale for last year or so to get GST's, and also making game with absolutely 0 chance of getting anything in game.

you know if you make 3 accounts from the same ip, and then proceed to make a 4th one, the 1st will get banned instantly right? This has been in place for a while but then again I have not created a new account  after 2021...

ip/hwid monitoring can be done from "existing" systems (i.e. within cisco software iirc) so there is no need to "invest" into anything

5 hours ago, Connex said:

you know if you make 3 accounts from the same ip, and then proceed to make a 4th one, the 1st will get banned instantly right? This has been in place for a while but then again I have not created a new account  after 2021...

ip/hwid monitoring can be done from "existing" systems (i.e. within cisco software iirc) so there is no need to "invest" into anything

What are you even talking about I’ve made like 10 accounts from same IP/hwid/pc. Nobody banned my 1st account.  Check your facts 

6 hours ago, Connex said:

I mean it will cost to integrate system not how to extract it , not sure if you ever seen leaked l2off files but they are crap to be honest :D

On 5/25/2023 at 9:23 PM, Connex said:

you need to start thinking differently! but at the same time every player has his own playstyle and time to devote to the game. 

you measure time vs return "oh just a mentee" delete, make a new *! What if i told you that i have more than 3x  110/105 eviscerators ( hoping to get them 112 by christmas) that will be used for next Rim kamaloka and that is besides my main/buffers etc or they can farm crisis every day ( yeah I have tradable gear) so 400-500 boxes per day total. 15000 boxes per month and you do not really need prestige for that.

I am just taking advantage of every free item they give, am I cutting back my progress? yes
but even though it might seem trivial I am planning for the future so I can get more free stuff and now with the overall decreased rates, its worth it even more. 

*after having like 5-6-7 or how many accounts you think is required, you can delete 1-2 mentees BUT you should keep at least 4-5 toons on every account,
e.g. they have vit maintaining and erupting potions a while ago, i got 85 erupting per toon on each account, some accounts have ver 400 erupting just waiting for a new toon I might decide or maybe the new class ( if I am still playing)

Well over a years i got 2-3toons in all my 4 accounts I do have erupting and all free stuff which they gave from 2009 masks hair accessories probably near 1T soulshots in one toon and etc. As before you had to actually play the game to get loot so there was not a lot free stuff to be given before,

I wouldnt call it a playstyle like you described your toon army, its addiction to get as much free stuff as you can get get " and excuse is there is no gamplay" which is NCsofts fault when you play a game and you can't progress , some people take mmorpgs and they progression to seriously and dont look at game as a game, 

Im a bit more nostalgic player,  I play because its used to be a good game now its pile of s.. and dont lie to me that you dont agree with me it is garbage to play a game where there is nothing to play, 0 content :D

• Like 1