Hows the connection for EU

Faithfool

Hello, I am also from the EU and I would like to play here.

What programs do you use to lower the ping on the NA servers? I have never had to use them and I do not know which ones are or which ones are reliable

The one that names, kill ping, works fine?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Derry said:

What programs do you use to lower the ping on the NA servers? I have never had to use them and I do not know which ones are or which ones are reliable

Thank you

Ive not tried kill ping yet but I guess it works fine and its cheap, I tried wtfast and it makes the game smooth, pretty playable. I dont think Ncsoft will open an Europe server and Im not gonna play 4game server again so I guess this is the only option we've got, which is playing this new server

get a gaming proxy and u should be good to go 

On 22.9.2018 at 1:35 PM, Derry said:

Thank you

VPNs dont work the same for all people . You have to try them out yourself and compare.

Battleping WTFast Mudfish Pingzapper are other alternatives

160 ms ~ Germany to Nova w/o proxy

6 hours ago, Kowis said:

I'm also from EU and would like to play on Classic too. Ping is something I worry about. 4 games it's totally poor comparing to true Lineage servers. 

Hope to find many EU players here

do a simple test.
Login into the server ( download, update and launch the client), open your command prompt ( type WINDOWS key on your keyboard, then type CMD. Right click it and open as Admin). Type on your command prompt this:
netstat /n /b
Press enter, then search your "L2.Bin" line and you will get an IP(external). For me it is showing  23.215.114.44 ( exclude the PORT number :80) connected on Chronos, and 54.70.200.250 for Naia.
Then you can use the ping function on the prompt, by typing:
ping IP( for exemple, ping 23.215.114.44)and press enter

You will how much latency you are getting to the servers. You could also try pinging the domain of the server (ping Lineage2.com)

1 hour ago, killerPrice said:

do a simple test.
Login into the server ( download, update and launch the client), open your command prompt ( type WINDOWS key on your keyboard, then type CMD. Right click it and open as Admin). Type on your command prompt this:
netstat /n /b
Press enter, then search your "L2.Bin" line and you will get an IP(external). For me it is showing  23.215.114.44 ( exclude the PORT number :80) connected on Chronos, and 54.70.200.250 for Naia.
Then you can use the ping function on the prompt, by typing:
ping IP( for exemple, ping 23.215.114.44)and press enter

You will how much latency you are getting to the servers. You could also try pinging the domain of the server (ping Lineage2.com)

after tests I got around 160ms, should be enough for playign, don't you think ?

anyway thank you for response

13 minutes ago, Kowis said:

after tests I got around 160ms, should be enough for playign, don't you think ?

anyway thank you for response

I ( playing from brazil) had 250~270 ping playing on EU server ( Ramona/Core). With any ping program ( battleping, exitlag,wtfast + Leatrix latency fixer [ everyone should have that on their PC's]) i would go down to 180 ~170, and that was quite playable.
I believe i will play with 90~120 with ping program from Brazil to US

6 hours ago, Helv said:

Thank you for the guidance,

I'm based in Europe, but I've never had issues with playing L2 at NC West. However, I've been having constant 2-3 second lagspikes (sometimes longer) since the Server Maintenance on Wednesday, September 12, 2018

I remember that I after that maintenance I downloaded an update and when I logged in I could not even move in game. Then the servers went down again, so I figured I need to wait. I tried around 6 hours later. When launching the client another update ran, which i assumed was a removal of XIGNCODE3 which has failed.

Ever since then I have horrible lagspikes. I have checked my connection with my ISP and the connection is fine. I took my laptop to a friend who uses a different provider and I had the same lagspikes when logged in, so maybe it's something with my PC's settings?

I don't know much about networks... but I followed what you suggested and what I found is that:

- the port displayed on the list for l2.bin is :7777 and not :80, should I be doing anything about this?

- I play on Naia, I get request timed out when pinging the Naia IP (I checked and I can ping other IPs, so the command is not blocked as such).

- the IP displayed for Naia is different than yours, though I tried pinging both - request timed out appears. I've been able to ping the Chronos IP that you provided, average was 274ms which I assume is bad.

Any suggestion will be welcome!

I believe the server uses diferent routes and some dynamic IPs for you to connect, so it is normal that you get different IPs while testing the Netstat.
The port can be anything, really, so just exclude that and test the IP before it.
I believe 274ms is a reasonable ping if you are playing from East Europe and the servers are based in the middle os US. You shoud get some 180~200 ping with leatrix + a ping program and be quite playable (even tho 180 looks high, for the distance you are, it is enough)

Archived