Forums

Expected Populations

Dannyboy

So I saw that the Classic Server was being rebooted just yesterday and Instantly resubbed and purchased a pack in preparation (If nothing else I'll get a fun Month out of L2).  I was like most of you I'm sure, I played hard through Prelude and Into like C3-5 I think.  Can't remember Max lvl was 75 I'm pretty sure as my SH was 74.  

How populated are these servers really going to be?  Will we have enough to have amazing GvG Battles, Castles sieges Etc.  Or will it be one Clan of Hardcore Botters/Loopers dominating each classic server?  I know none of us can tell the future, just wondering your thoughts (Especially those of you that have done other classics, or never left the game)

Thanks,

It should be crowded in the first few months, with a peak at 1 month or so and then decrease until it stabilizes in about a year or so. It should be the most populated L2 server in the world for a few months, for sure.

It's very difficult for a single clan/ally to dominate the game early. It always end up with some ally dominating everything eventually, but until then we should have some fun in sieges and stuff.

At least that is what I'm expecting.

I don't think we'll have enough population to justify two servers. 70% of the people will quit before reaching level 40. Seems that Giran server will be much less populated than Talking Island. Big russian clans will be in TI, smaller ones in Giran.

3 minutes ago, Cld said:

I don't think we'll have enough population to justify two servers. 70% of the people will quit before reaching level 40. Seems that Giran server will be much less populated than Talking Island. Big russian clans will be in TI, smaller ones in Giran.

I think they will for at least a year or so.

Talking Island will mainly have the north/south american players, which should be more than enough to maintain the server.

Giran being +1 will be packed with europeans coming back or leaving from Skelth. Giran should have less population for sure, but still viable for a dedicated server.

I managed to fix the lag issue with the Leatrix Latency Fix (free that i found)

Also:

- Here you dont drop on death (lets be honest: its pure cancer dropping ur weapon, and puts u in stress, even if it never happens)

- Accounts are free! (need to open a shop to sit in monster derby? free of charge :D )

- Since its F2P, population will be higher (maybe just maybe there is a chance to draw in people who never played L2 before)

- Speaking of population: after all the americans and prolly many europeans leaving skelth for these servers, whats gonna be left there? when it was already kinda empty

- If u decide to pay roughly the same amount of money gets you Tier3 VIP, and a bit more gets u Tier4 (similar to skelth monthly fee)

I cant think of a reason to stay skelth...

Also you shouldnt worry too much about which server is better. Talking Island gmt-5, if u live in europe gmt+1 lets say, than SV bosses would happen at 03:00 every day :D

Its not viable, siege would be 02:00... doesnt make sense.

Some people trying to say "ah TI is gonna be the good server, Giran is for randoms blablabla" just ignore them, bunch of egoistic noobs.

Btw: i checked the Chronos and Naia servers a few days ago - they both had about 3700 players (characters?) online at the same time.

So no big difference there, shouldnt be big on the classic either.

13 hours ago, Cardano said:

I managed to fix the lag issue with the Leatrix Latency Fix (free that i found)

Can you link from where you took it, please? I have some 3.0 version of Leatrix and it made no difference for me, and I have 220~ ping. I remember back in the day leatrix used to make a difference, maybe I have some broken files 

Archived