Forums

Judging by these patch notes

Drakkon

3 minutes ago, Delse said:

all the things that are similar to GoD are mostly visual and UI improvements, besides that the core system is not the same as GoD.

I don't know im reading these notes and barely anything seems "classic" to me. I know 14 years ago was a long time but these so called QoL changes im reading here are far from classic. I wasn't expecting a carbon copy but this is just...not classic at all. 

2 minutes ago, Drakkon said:

I don't know im reading these notes and barely anything seems "classic" to me. I know 14 years ago was a long time but these so called QoL changes im reading here are far from classic. I wasn't expecting a carbon copy but this is just...not classic at all. 

What did you people expect? A Prelude or C1 type of server? I don't get it. This is a new version of L2. It is L2, but it isn't as it used to be. 

2 minutes ago, ZygiA said:

What did you people expect? A Prelude or C1 type of server? I don't get it. This is a new version of L2. It is L2, but it isn't as it used to be. 

I expected exactly what they been tooting about, "going back".  I'll still play it regardless maybe it isn't as bad as the patch notes make it sound but we'll see. 

Long as they keep Brooches/Cloaks/Whatnot out of the shop I'm going to play it. The expanded map is fine, it'll keep one clan from hoarding all the exp spots. Expanded skills are fine it'll keep certain classes from being useless. Do not agree with the PK/drop system though. Hope they'll roll that one out.

Talismans being clan items are ok. Agathons being fished out are ok. High end set bonues are fine Just keep it in the damn game and out of the shop.

10 minutes ago, Drakkon said:

This is literally just Goddess of Destruction without the map being changed. 

Dont people ever get tired of complaining.. i can only imagine how you are in day to day life....

I read through the patch notes and am really pleased! I feel the team at NCsoft got a great balance between the hardcore fans and those who understand this isn't an easy game but cant spend 8 hours per day playing. Nothing to me screams 'catering to carebears' and to say so, i believe is ignorant and false.
As someone mentioned before - Lineage 2 classic is a marathon, not a sprint!!! 

The features brought over from the modern day Lineage 2 are fantastic whilst not overbearing, and the VIP system seems very fair (a suitable replacement for a monthly subscription).
I personally dont see any 'pay 2 win' in this game but rather 'pay 2 advance quicker'. My budget per month will be $15USD which is the exact same as a subscription.

I am so excited to play the classic! Lineage 2 has to be one of the most complete and amazing MMO's ever created.

4 minutes ago, Tetsuos said:

Dont people ever get tired of complaining.. i can only imagine how you are in day to day life....

I read through the patch notes and am really pleased! I feel the team at NCsoft got a great balance between the hardcore fans and those who understand this isn't an easy game but cant spend 8 hours per day playing. Nothing to me screams 'catering to carebears' and to say so, i believe is ignorant and false.
As someone mentioned before - Lineage 2 classic is a marathon, not a sprint!!! 

The features brought over from the modern day Lineage 2 are fantastic whilst not overbearing, and the VIP system seems very fair (a suitable replacement for a monthly subscription).
I personally dont see any 'pay 2 win' in this game but rather 'pay 2 advance quicker'. My budget per month will be $15USD which is the exact same as a subscription.

I am so excited to play the classic! Lineage 2 has to be one of the most complete and amazing MMO's ever created.

No mate, people just want to farm PK's for free items :D Otherwise +1 

5 minutes ago, Drakkon said:

I expected exactly what they been tooting about, "going back".  I'll still play it regardless maybe it isn't as bad as the patch notes make it sound but we'll see. 

Going back means "going back to the experience", where you had to grind your way to the best, where you had to farm in groups and everything had a meaning, does not mean "we're gonna throw a C1 server, play". Classic means, going back to the classic way to play the game before GoD.

Archived