Classic seems mathematically impossible.

vhaeroth

Let me start by saying I came for the grind. I have fond memories of c4-c5 grinding mobs just trying to earn my place in the world. I remember having to pay close attention to if my grind spot was profitable and by how much. Right now I am VIP 3 with the 30$ "let's get this game started package".  I feel like the drop rates are low enough to make the game unplayable. I should be able to invest in some soulshots and basic potions,  grind until it's gone. And come back with a little profit depending on how conservative I am with lots and the mobs I grind. Right now with VIP 3 it seems like that is impossible.  I am not going spend 50$ a month on this.  I will go back to EVE online before I do that. I am willing to give NCsoft 10-15 a month for the drop rates the game was designed around. Am I wrong about these numbers? It's been years since c4-c5, but do I don't feel like the game is doable at VIP 3.

1 hour ago, Sweetness said:

Soul shots were never meant to be sustainable. They were meant to be use used periodically and not spammed. When the game first came out the only way to even spam them was to manually click them or press f1(or whatever key they were on your bar). Literally no one spammed shot for the first couple chronicles because it wasnt supposed to be sustainable. 

Plus you are getting quite alot of free stuff like potions from them reward missions which is already a huge boost. It seems you just imagined it being different than it's supposed to be.

28 minutes ago, Bushma said:

Plus you are getting quite alot of free stuff like potions from them reward missions which is already a huge boost. It seems you just imagined it being different than it's supposed to be.

Thanks for the insight.  I was around in c4-c5. So I guess I had unrealistic expectations for how real the grind is.  I actually want to try harder.  Never grinded without SS in my life.  Lol

Why does everyone have to cry about this stuff all the time. Yes, its slightly different from Original chronicals but who cares? 

I see very little difference. You SHOULD NOT be able to have unlimited ss or even be close to getting enough profit to constantly refill yourself. That was the point of classic. That was one of the reasons it took so many so long to level. 

Most people just want to be elitists and burn all the way to max level without having to make boxes or join parties to maximize profit and reduce cost. There's a reason the dwarf area was way worse than any other zone and is still packed...

Not bashing anyone intentially... just frustrating at how many of people complain it's too hard...that's the point!

4 minutes ago, MoniesMakerr said:

Why does everyone have to cry about this stuff all the time. Yes, its slightly different from Original chemicals but who cares? 

I see very little difference. You SHOULD NOT be able to have unlimited ss or even be close to getting enough profit to constantly refill yourself. That was the point of classic. That was one of the reasons it took so many so long to level. 

Most people just want to be elitists and burn all the way to max level without having to make boxes or join parties to maximize profit and reduce cost. There's a reason the dwarf area was way worse than any other zone and is still packed...

Not bashing anyone intentially... just frustrating at how many of people complain it's too hard...that's the point!

Okay then shots need to be taken out of the cash shop as that's allowing people to directly pay cash for higher damage multipliers. 

4 minutes ago, MoniesMakerr said:

Why does everyone have to cry about this stuff all the time. Yes, its slightly different from Original chemicals but who cares? 

I think everyone is coming from different chronicles and different private servers with different expectations. The reason I like games like l2 and ffxi is that its work to get anything.  If you are telling me the old way was no SS to grind. I am excited to accept the challenge. 

2 minutes ago, Sinkest said:

Okay then shots need to be taken out of the cash shop as that's allowing people to directly pay cash for higher damage multipliers. 

I don't disagree. I was one of many who helped push the thread to remove all soulshots (and tried silver coin materials). Unfortunately, we were only able to get D-grade and above removed.

3 minutes ago, vhaeroth said:

I think everyone is coming from different chronicles and different private servers with different expectations. The reason I like games like l2 and ffxi is that its work to get anything.  If you are telling me the old way was no SS to grind. I am excited to accept the challenge. 

I can assure you, that was the case. SS's were really only used during RBs or in groups as it was way to costly to run so while farming. That's why boxes were a must.

I don't really get it. Well , you get a free weapon and set + lots of ss's and pots and stuff.

I take it you want to start from lvl 1 with nothing and play "your way"? So that you come back here, to say "QQ I'm still fighting with the starter weapon" or "i don't have adena for ss". They give around 5k in total of SS's and that's 40k worth of Adena. 

Now, people who keep saying that in C1-C2 they could level to 20 with full ss fights , buy weapon AND teleport freely on the map, are so fcking wrong.

I remember my brother playing on C3. LOL ! He was so poor he would need to walk from town to town since he could barely afford SOME soulshots.

And I am talking about a NEW player in C3, same as we are here and NOT someone who alted , or got help from clan.

Now, go back and grind more. THIS is L2 Classic. Grinding. If you start crying at this level, well .. good luck making it to 40. And I am sure you wouldn't make it to 20 back in C1-C3 either if this is your attitude.

11 minutes ago, KABAL said:

Я действительно не понимаю. Ну, вы получаете бесплатное оружие и устанавливаете + много ss's и pots и прочее.

Я так понимаю, вы хотите начать с lvl 1 ни с чем и играть «своим путем»? Чтобы вы вернулись сюда, чтобы сказать «QQ, я все еще сражаюсь с оружием стартера» или «у меня нет адены для ss». Они дают около 5 тысяч в общей сложности SS, и это составляет 40 тысяч долларов Адены. 

Теперь люди, которые продолжают говорить, что в C1-C2 они могут достигнуть уровня до 20 с полными боями ss, купить оружие и телепортироваться свободно на карте, настолько ошибочны.

Я помню, как мой брат играл на C3. ЛОЛ ! Он был настолько беден, что ему нужно было ходить от города к городу, так как он едва мог позволить себе НЕОБХОДИМЫЕ СОБЫТИЯ.

И я говорю о НОВОМ игроке в C3, так же, как мы здесь, и НЕ кто-то, кто подружился или получил помощь от клана.

Теперь вернитесь и размалывайте. ЭТО L2 Classic. Измельчение. Если вы начнете плакать на этом уровне, хорошо .. удачи, сделав это до 40. И я уверен, что вы не смогли бы вернуться к работе в C1-C3, если это ваше отношение.

I want to drop adena which should be in patch 1.5 !!!!

56 minutes ago, vhaeroth said:

Thanks for the insight.  I was around in c4-c5. So I guess I had unrealistic expectations for how real the grind is.  I actually want to try harder.  Never grinded without SS in my life.  Lol

Yea, personally, that's one of the things that keeps me dragging back in time. Nostalgic as hell. I think it was around c4 when the grind got easier. And now this brings me back to c3 times ^^ try to enjoy it, not get frustrated 9_9

this is easier than prelude!

i immediately left the dwarven area and went to the human zone to level up. this is so much easier than i remember the original L2, 

with that said, the grind is real, yay!

as soon as i get my ammo shop running, shop smart and buy from syzygy! 

3 hours ago, MoniesMakerr said:

not really. i was a mage for so many years during p2p and mage spiritshots were expensive. early levels was a struggle but  yet many spots past 40+ gave enough to buy them. with time i even had enough adena to buy gear, just from pure drops. aoe groups were the best in making adena but even solo at high levels i always had profit from solo farming and buying the shots from dorfs.

Archived