Destro vs Tyrr.

Pepperoni

Destro -  You got you frenzy and zealot which can make you really valuable for rb party, also for pvp. Other than that destroyers are pretty unwanted. Most of the guys prefer to have Archer / mage for DD ...and to lvl up solo with destro is kina hard...
Tyrants - meh... you can solo , you can be in party cuz u actually deal some dmg... other than that ... its just an average class like Daggers ...or gladi or anything else that is not BOW / Buffer / Mage 

(tyrant is my favorite class)

Thats what i think.

7 hours ago, Pepperoni said:

What would u suggest for a not so experienced player to be wanted/reliable/versitale, which class should i pick ? :)

Tyrant > Destro in classic.  Frenzy was nerfed quite a bit.  Tyrant has better sustained DPS, limited AOE ability, MUCH faster run speed, and limited range damage.

Destro is only better in certain situations with frenzy up.

1 hour ago, Rodah said:

Tyrant > Destro in classic.  Frenzy was nerfed quite a bit.  Tyrant has better sustained DPS, limited AOE ability, MUCH faster run speed, and limited range damage.

Good to know

1 hour ago, Rodah said:

Thanks for the answer, and i got one more question, is Tyr desired in pve content/clans/parties ?

11 hours ago, Pepperoni said:

Thanks for the answer, and i got one more question, is Tyr desired in pve content/clans/parties ?

Short answer; no, Tyrants are not desired ATM.  AOE reigns supreme right now (think OB, Partisans,and AC AOE groups) BUT, that may change when people start getting higher level and start transitioning to single target areas (DV/TOI).  Having said that, a Tyrant can fill in and do some decent damage in an AOE party; a Destro can't.  The trick is convincing to take you :).

2 hours ago, Rodah said:

Short answer; no, Tyrants are not desired ATM.  AOE reigns supreme right now (think OB, Partisans,and AC AOE groups) BUT, that may change when people start getting higher level and start transitioning to single target areas (DV/TOI).  Having said that, a Tyrant can fill in and do some decent damage in an AOE party; a Destro can't.  The trick is convincing to take you :).

Lmao, a destro is far superior in aoe to a tyrant, what are you even talking about.

3 hours ago, 1of1 said:

Destroyers gets polearm mastery so AOE Destroyer>tyrant.

1 hour ago, nbx said:

Lmao, a destro is far superior in aoe to a tyrant, what are you even talking about.

Above are two CLEAR examples of how people are still living in the past.

In theory a Destro can AOE better because they have polearm mastery but, that isn't how people are AOEing in game.  Almost no one is AOEing by pulling mobs into a corner and auto attacking.  Go to Orc Barracks, go to AC, go to Partisans and you'll see tanks aggroing tons of mobs and running around in a circle while nukers RANGE AOE the mobs.  Guess what toon has a range AOE (hint: it's not Destro).  Granted Tyrants don't get this skill until lv40 but still; it deals massive PvE dmg.  Essentially; from 20-40 neither can AOE very well and Tyrant (Monk) is better single target from 20-40. 

Here is another thing some people haven't caught on to yet; ALL physical skills hit HARD in PvE.

31 minutes ago, Rodah said:

In theory a Destro can AOE better because they have polearm mastery but, that isn't how people are AOEing in game.  Almost no one is AOEing by pulling mobs into a corner and auto attacking.  Go to Orc Barracks, go to AC, go to Partisans and you'll see tanks aggroing tons of mobs and running around in a circle while nukers RANGE AOE the mobs.  Guess what toon has a range AOE (hint: it's not Destro).  Granted Tyrants don't get this skill until lv40 but still; it deals massive PvE dmg.  Essentially; from 20-40 neither can AOE very well and Tyrant (Monk) is better single target from 20-40. 

Here is another thing some people haven't caught on to yet; ALL physical skills hit HARD in PvE.

And how many of those parties do you think will take a tyrant over a sorc until 56 and any other mage after that? I help. None. With a Destro you can at least aoe yourself.

2 hours ago, nbx said:

And how many of those parties do you think will take a tyrant over a sorc until 56 and any other mage after that? I help. None. With a Destro you can at least aoe yourself with a wc box.

Truth be told they won't take either of them.  But I'll concede a Destro can AOE "better" 20-40.  In fact, if they have a buffer and recharger they can AOE very will without having to pull to a corner by just doing Wild Sweep or Spinning Slasher 40+ (a Tyrant could do this too 40+).  But they aren't gonna do it with just a WC (20-40 or 40+); they'll die. 

Making 20-40 arguments is kinda pointless though isn't it?  

I'll also point out that a couple of other changes in classic weaken Destros a fair amount in AOE and single target.  First, there is only one crit dmg ring in the game; it is VERY hard to get and it only gives 10% CD.  Second, there is no counter critical in classic and third, VR was nerfed (30% chance to recover X dmg as HP [X= lvl of VR]).

Warlords are really the only "good" AOE melee class IMO.  The reason they are on a whole other lvl in AOE PvE is because they can chain multiple AOE skills; leading with stun to keep the mobs CC'ed.  While both Destro and Tyrant can AOE they are both primarily single target DPS. 

3 hours ago, Rodah said:

Isn't quite that simple. I've seen many korean videos with Destroyers beeing in a corner AOE with some Gladiators and Tyrants. It's all about with who you party. I think Dstroyer it's still a strong PvE class in any case. The bad point? You need a lot of gear.

Destroyer will get destroyed :D  by Archers and Mages in PVP because all they will do is kite him to death. 

Tyrant is the best all around melee class period. Melee and Ranged skills and totems that can buff him for different situations. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived