Benefits of AFKing

45 minutes ago, BRT said:

Whats fishing even get you? Like how much xp/adena per hour?

It doesn't get you too much xp, maybe a half an hour worth of mediocre griding in a night, but it's more than nothing.

It doesn't give you adena directly, but you can sell the fish for ~30 adena each if you want to right now. It wouldn't bring in more than a few thousands of adena in a night. But, again, you don't have to do anything for it. If you don't sell the fish, the price will probably go up later as less people will bother with lvl 20 characters for the 10 day fishing rods.

3 hours ago, BRT said:

Whats fishing even get you? Like how much xp/adena per hour?

Pretty much what nbx said, I'll add that it looks like you get around 2% an hour, probably a little less, basically fishing for  6 to 8 hours might equate to grinding on mobs at or near your level for a 20 minute buff round(it appears you get a little less XP than killing a mob of your level for each successful fishing attempt).

There's not much of a market yet for the fish, at least not at a decent price in my opinion, it might be worth it if you want to make yourself some stews.

With a 10 day rod it might almost be worth it if you can afford the fishing shot, otherwise you seem to "fail to land/fish got away" about four out of five casts without it.

But with the rods(24 hour) at 20k a pop and having to buy bait and shots, to me it's not doable at this point in the game. 

8 minutes ago, Karnz said:

Pretty much what nbx said, I'll add that it looks like you get around 2% an hour, probably a little less, basically fishing for  6 to 8 hours might equate to grinding on mobs at or near your level for a 20 minute buff round(it appears you get a little less XP than killing a mob of your level for each successful fishing attempt).

There's not much of a market yet for the fish, at least not at a decent price in my opinion, it might be worth it if you want to make yourself some stews.

With a 10 day rod it might almost be worth it if you can afford the fishing shot, otherwise you seem to "fail to land/fish got away" about four out of five casts without it.

But with the rods(24 hour) at 20k a pop and having to buy bait and shots, to me it's not doable at this point in the game. 

There is a mission, where you have to fish 5 times and you get 500 baits, daily. So baits are basically for free. You can also exchange fish - the one that can't be exchanged for stews - for fishing shots at the fishing guild npc. 1 fish for 1 shot. So basically that's free too. The only investment you have to make is the 20k fishing rod. It might be still a bit pricey for so little exp though. At least until the fish prices go up. 

9 minutes ago, nbx said:

There is a mission, where you have to fish 5 times and you get 500 baits, daily. So baits are basically for free. You can also exchange fish - the one that can't be exchanged for stews - for fishing shots at the fishing guild npc. 1 fish for 1 shot. So basically that's free too. The only investment you have to make is the 20k fishing rod. It might be still a bit pricey for so little exp though. At least until the fish prices go up. 

Yeah, I got the daily baits, I fished for about 4 hours yesterday, but I can't remember how many Blue Mackerel I caught, I'm wondering how many shots I can get.

I didn't realize the exchange ratio was 1:1, thanks.

Archived