ALL COME AN PLAY L2R botting is fun there LOL

BlueBerry

8 hours ago, Yidao said:

To give a serious answer to a funny post - Lineage 3 is an urban legend. What is scheduled for launch in 2018 is Lineage 2M for mobile telephones and Project TL aka "The Lineage" (a sequel to Lineage 1):
http://www.thisisgame.com/webzine/news/nboard/5/?n=77137

Well , i don't know why but game industry just went wrong way. Mobile games? seriously ?. )  Them pplz and their desire to lose their eyes and fingers there. I mean i know  u can use mobile everywhere but cmon, why someone even want to play a mobile pixel fully automated thing ? :D 

19 hours ago, Whatif said:

Well , i don't know why but game industry just went wrong way. Mobile games? seriously ?. )  Them pplz and their desire to lose their eyes and fingers there. I mean i know  u can use mobile everywhere but cmon, why someone even want to play a mobile pixel fully automated thing ? :D 

I myself wouldn't play mobile games either, for the same reasons why I don't drink coffee to go. But we simply must accept that a great number of people do not only play those games but also spend a considerable amount of money on them. Check the numbers here:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1974&start=130#p37375
Mobile games (mainly Lineage [1] M and the royalties from Lineage 2 Revolution) generated a revenue of 550 million US dollars within three months, while Lineage 2 brought in only 15 million dollars during the same time.

Don't forget, NCsoft's main market is in Asia. Let's for example take China. Over there having internet at home is very expensive (you must make a contract for 5 years in advance). Back in the day everybody played in internet cafes, but in the meantime the adults-only rule is strictly enforced, with police patrols regularly looking in, your ID card (passport if you are a foreigner) is scanned when you get a seat (i.e. they can correlate any accessed Dalai Lama websites with your real person), so when good smartphones became available, everybody started to use those to access the internet. Since in China paying in supermarkets with a phone app is now standard (you can't get forged bank notes as change), the overwhelming majority of the 1.3 billion Mainland Chinese has an iPhone, Oppo or whatever. One billion possible NCsoft customers is a real lot xD

While this is true on an individual basis - there are many examples of returning players right here on this forum - the problem from NCsoft's point of view are the statistics: there are more people leaving than there are returning/newly trying out the game. Just take a look at this video from the January 8 Dimensional Siege in Japan (special thanks to socketka for the link). Out of 12 servers in a one time-zone territory there are two parties competing for Schuttgart Castle. Dis is what we technically calls a dead game:

The NCsoft management did not make the decision to move away from PC-based games to mobile ones on a whim, and they did not make that decision just yesterday. The games that were showcased on the November 7 press conference I linked above have already been under development for several years, in the case of Project TL, formerly known as "Lineage Eternal", since 2011:
http://boards.rochand.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=431#p6336

NCsoft investing heavily in mobile games (and not at all into Lineage 2) is just how it is. Whether we as players like this or not is of no concern to the powers that be. For Kim Taek-jin the players of Lineage 2 are less than the dust under his feet :P

NCsoft is basically the Konami of MMO publishers.

They don't care they've burnt their franchise to the ground, they don't care about what their gaming customers want, they don't care about reputation within the industry.

They just want to make literal gambling slot machines.

Archived