Is anybody out there?

My thoughts are this game was way more successful than the expected (2 added servers since release) and they have their hands full sifting through all the requests, complaints, and jibberish. Play the game, have fun. If you're not having fun, don't play

End.

Just now, SumTingWong said:

I honestly believe that they would make a lot more money if they stopped trying to make so much money.

Ya know what I mean?

Yes.

They have an immense opportunity here to make a crapload of money, but I get the feeling that they still don't see the potential and continue to disregard this for some reason.

Players are so thirsty of playing old-school L2 that they're willing to throw cash at it if they feel that they are being taken seriously and that NCWest is actively trying to improve the players' experience. I just don't feel that.

Just a gut feeling, no more than a guess really, but I suspect Korea doesn't understand what is needed here and the opportunity they've been presented with.  @Hime and @Juji probably do, but haven't been able to persuade Korean developers to seize the opportunity.  The decision makers probably saw this as a short-term money grab and were not at all prepared for the overwhelming response.  For example, they probably had planned out in advance the stupid events that reward people for standing around doing nothing, never dreaming they would have long queues for entry into the game.

It may take some time for them to change their thinking, I just hope it's not too late by the time they react.  They probably have the same concern, and are hesitant to hire more people just in time to see customers leave the game in droves.  It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

One easy way to tell that the thinking was short term is to look at how what was released was thrown together.  They had several years to build a "classic" game and examples from Korea, Europe and Russia to learn from.  Yet they put out a cobbled together mess of an untested game.  The major defects have been discussed to death here, but the whole game shows the lack of diligence.  People getting into closed areas?  Announcements of the beginning and end of non-existent Olympiad battles? Come on.  

It's always been that way.

They have had such a disconnect from the community and player base since day 1. It's just the way it is, and I've accepted the fact we're a second-rate region when it comes to the developers of this game.

Archived