Class status: Gladiator

Onimusha

Greetings,

I used to play L2 back in the day when c4/interlude was released, and i was always a Gladiator fan. I remember Gladi was pretty decent back then, used to enjoy playing the class alot, but i cannot find any info about the class' actual state in the previous versions of the game.

Can anyone inform me about his pvp / pve viability, leveling speed etc, main differences on skills etc?

Thanks in advance 

In general is the class the same.
Look it up on L2 wiki or PM fun.
But they added new skills to it:

https://www.lineage2.com/news/lineage-ii-classic-launch-patch-notes

search for gladiator and you will hit the part with the new added skills.

I like gladi as single target killer.
If you have a AOE party can you pic the mobs that aren't in range of aoe or have range attacks.
With a buffer on your buttocks can you easy solo harder places... aslong you can picksingle mobs.

About pvp I can't tell you something.... I always sucked at that xD

Judging by L2 wiki, it should not be much different than i remember then.

Thanks for the input.

I'd still love to hear from any high leveled gladiator, how is later on in the game, if it has shortcomings, strengths etc. 

Also, do people like inviting Gladis in their groups? Not necessarily for AoE, but for general EXP grinds.

What was your level at Interlude? I am asking, coz I want to know what was your playstyle using a Glad, any macros you used? Eg. Sonic buster+sonic storm? What was your knowledge level in terms of glad's recharges? The answers are relevant because Glad although similar are quite changed in terms of skills in classic. Its not that much charge dependent for 100% damage boost on skill. Sonic blaster can stun and Triple Slash the chargeless skill, adds hex. Also, at higher levels,in other chronicles , Glad''s Aos were BEST in game, but in classic I hear their aoe is average even surpassed by tyrant's and mages and summoner got more aoe lol. I am a glad fan too and I hope I wont sound boastful by saying, if theres one class in L2 I can say I "know" in my 12 years of experience including retail and"other" servers, its glad. But at classic I havent made my main yet, as I wanna see first how the class performs 61+ then it might be easier for me to decide, unless someone with skelth or other classic experience can throw some light. But I can assure you one thing, even at classic, if you consider 1v1, glad should be a force to reckon with although using blunts looks like a nice choice if not better than duals, coz you can stun twice using bluster + thunder shock and most skills excpet dss can be used by a blunt. I was attracted to Glad's looks too, so the blunt thing was a disappointment for me at classic for glad lol. Here debuffs are strong, so most play archers and mages coz of pure unfair advantage in open pvp coz people just follow the run of the mills. 

@Meverick My play experience as Gladi was ages ago so im missing alot of details about what u are asking. Things that really stand out to me from back then is mostly the fact that our DSS / TSS were amazing burst damaging abilities, especially when they crit. Mostly i remember being a Duelist, having Sonic Rage and being able to mix my combat between ranged and melee depending on the situation.
I never bothered with AoE, since i always was leaning towards solo / small party playstyle, which is still the case. Im aware about the Sonic blaster stun and the hex on TS, which are welcome changes. Blunts may be very solid, but there's no chance in hell im gonna play with one. Even if its not optimal, im gonna run duals. Prolly will have a blunt so i can macro my way into a second stun, but no more than that. Although if our melee damage is even remotely close to what i remember, having 1 ranged stun and dash skill should be more than enough to win a 1v1 fight, so im not sure if i even need a 2nd stun.

@Onimusha Glad to see a gladi fan. Yes TSS/DSS had awesome burst damage and TSS burst damage was highest in game even surpassing destroyer's frenzy+zealot. However, since, you get max dmg output with max charges, hitting TSS and DSS simultaneously isnt a good idea, as Dss will do lo less dmg with not max charges after TSS and then you will have 0 charges left. Some combos works best as Buster+Storm+TSS, coz Buster and Storm wont eat up charges if you got sonic stones in inventory and TSS will do full dmg and then charge thrice to fully charge again and rinse and repeat. For Distant attack use buster+blaster and charge twice, coz again same reason, buster wont eat up charges. Now for Aoe, for Pve eg. Freya or any other Aoe heavy situation, Glads are priority and second are tyrant coz of buster+storm. And in Pvp, Spamming buster+storm is enough to tackle any situation coz it doesnt need charging and at times throw one TSS if you feel like.

But then, those are situation of non-classic, and I have no idea how they wprk is classic in terms of dmg output, so everything needs to be seen. I dont think rush is available here for glads and also how the skill's dmg has been balanced. Also STR used to effect skill crit chance, which doesnt seem to be true at classic, so using dyes may also need to be tweaked a bit. 

Hey @Meverick, sorry for the delayed response.

About TSS and DSS, its all about your momentum level. if u get level 66 you can have 6 momentum charges at any given time, that means u can perform a DSS & TSS back to back, for maximum damage on each skill. But having to use a variety of skills instead of just doing TSS / DSS is not a problem to me. 

Also Glads get sonic move skill on Classic. dont remember at what level but i am 100% they get it. About stats and dyes, im not sure whats more worth investing in. if the base critrate is decent, i'd go for full STR in expense of CON. Otherwise may have to split +STR - CON / +DEX -CON.

All in all , after some searching i dont seem to find significant differences between this gladi version and the Interlude one. Guess im gonna roll with it :D

• 4 weeks later...

Gladiator is not that good.

For PvE detect weakness was nerfed pretty bad, on retail it gave 30% Damage vs. the specified race.  Now it gives 5%.

Duelist Spirit used to give 12% Attack speed and 10% pvp damage on retail, now it only gives attack speed.

On retail before the move to momentum, Gladiator force could give +179% damage boost on energy skills.  This was nerfed to +30% with the change to momentum in GoD.  On classic it uses the momentum mechanic and the most you can increase your damage by is 30%.

The most convincing gladiator build I have run into doesnt use dual swords at all, it uses a blunt and a shield to stun lock you with hammer crush/blaster and dps with fatal strike.

Best case if you want to use tss/dss you need two weapons and clumsy swapping to stun -> swap -> tss/dss -> swap -> chase/stun -> repeat.  You will be out of mana after about 3-4 kills.

If you want to single target melee stuff to death, i recommend going dagger or tyrant.  Tyrant at least has bison/zealot to fall back on for mowing kids down when he gets low on mp.  Daggers can hide/blink/stab and their skills scale with crit damage buffs like dance of fire/death whisper.

• 4 weeks later...

ive watched some pvp for gladiator on youtube they seem better in classic servers then in live they have ranged stun skill that can critical and most of the heavy damage skills can do skill crit only downside is you would have to -12 dex or more which would make you have a slower attack speed

• 1 month later...
On 21/11/2018 at 10:51 AM, Onimusha said:

Hey @Meverick

Grz for all this.. Glady after God update its useless. :(. I am Nickmgs if someone know me and I know better what is Glady..  I want to tell 1 more info..  Glady don't has good skill critical rate like old days.. Str don't give critical.. So qq. In old days Glady was THE best char in l2.. Now it's usless

On 16/12/2018 at 3:45 AM, Dreadnought said:

Gladiator is not that good.

For PvE detect weakness was nerfed pretty bad, on retail it gave 30% Damage vs. the specified race.  Now it gives 5%.

Duelist Spirit used to give 12% Attack speed and 10% pvp damage on retail, now it only gives attack speed.

On retail before the move to momentum, Gladiator force could give +179% damage boost on energy skills.  This was nerfed to +30% with the change to momentum in GoD.  On classic it uses the momentum mechanic and the most you can increase your damage by is 30%.

The most convincing gladiator build I have run into doesnt use dual swords at all, it uses a blunt and a shield to stun lock you with hammer crush/blaster and dps with fatal strike.

Best case if you want to use tss/dss you need two weapons and clumsy swapping to stun -> swap -> tss/dss -> swap -> chase/stun -> repeat.  You will be out of mana after about 3-4 kills.

If you want to single target melee stuff to death, i recommend going dagger or tyrant.  Tyrant at least has bison/zealot to fall back on for mowing kids down when he gets low on mp.  Daggers can hide/blink/stab and their skills scale with crit damage buffs like dance of fire/death whisper.

+1 

I agree with this..  It's 100% 

Archived