Probability in spellbooks?

Khania

i got 2 compound bows in less than 10.000 monsters, chance is 0.01 to 0.05 in drop x1 without VIP without event

rotting trees are the same chance in jewelry and 2 spellbooks, but 0 drop, and killed more than 30.000 in last 2 months, and 0 spellbook drop

i think the chance of get that books are harder

My wife and I just started trying to get books from the IT crater this week. So far, we've gotten 0 books, a top D weapon drop (jamadahr) and 2 armor drops (manticore gloves and boots of strength). Now I get that they're trying to make the experience difficult, but when full drops are easier to get than spellbooks, something is wrong! Please NCSoft, do something about this.

no sense on make so difficult an spellbook drop, they should do an event for spellbooks drops, or increase the drop chance

we are talking about you can kill 100.000 rotting tree and get 0 drop between 0.01 to 0.05, and not only that, if you roll that chance, you can get another 3 jewelry drops, and not amulet or book

is like if that book drops, it will cost 100.000.000 adena, or maybe more, because you have more chances to get an unique boss jewelry from valakas or antharas, than get a spellbook in 3 months or 9 months farming

think about the people that plays only 2 hours per day, for they will be impossible get all the spellbooks, only botters will get it

i was thinking about diablo 2 runes chances, for example get a zod rune is like 1/20000000 and to get one, you can spend more than 1 year of your life playing 15 hours per day, is crazy

i think this is totally wrong and they should increase the chance of drop

- im farming this books for last month, i probabbly killed more than 200.000 rotting tree and only got trash drops, even in the event, remember, i never rest, because im killing all the time with my chars

last hour playing in this event, drops

1 stem

5 animal bone fragment

1 onyx part

2 suede

1 dark necklace gem

1 mitril ore

2 thread

adena: 43134

this per hour

14 hours each day 603876

per a month

18.116.280 adena

spellbook should cost more...

this is crazy, i dont agree with this, i even got all the hard runes of diablo 2 in less than 2 months, maybe i was lucky, maybe not, i dunno, but something is defintly wrong with spellbooks drops, or database is wrong and gives fake info and rotting tree dont drop the book, or something is wrong

if is a spellbook of lvl 50, why a lvl 43 rotting tree will drop that book

didnt see any image around internet about someone getting the curse death link book from a rotting tree

i did a lot of adena, equiped top my chars, and even with that, 0 drops, i have a lot of money now, but no books, and no one too buy it with my adena or trash drops, are tons, but, no one sells the book, because it dont drop, also i dieyed many times to keep the lvl, and dont see them blue

• Amraith changed the title to Probability in spellbooks?

personally i think its great that books are rare,takes some effort to gear buffers also,not just smacking devotion set on and forgetting about ever buying anything else for him..

you can get spellbook boxes from adena dungeon too,some other option to get books(like gathering pages etc etc) would be nice also,but the drop chance from mobs should stay.

1 hour ago, Gaspa said:

personally i think its great that books are rare,takes some effort to gear buffers also,not just smacking devotion set on and forgetting about ever buying anything else for him..

you can get spellbook boxes from adena dungeon too,some other option to get books(like gathering pages etc etc) would be nice also,but the drop chance from mobs should stay.

playing 14 hours each day, you can make 3.000.000 adena each day in lvl 20 area

this means, if playing 2 months, a book dont drop, it is 180.000.000

would you pay 180.000.000 adena for a book?

28 minutes ago, Khania said:

playing 14 hours each day, you can make 3.000.000 adena each day in lvl 20 area

this means, if playing 2 months, a book dont drop, it is 180.000.000

would you pay 180.000.000 adena for a book?

I just dont understand your pricing..so if you dont drop book for 4 months then you think book costs 360kk?

@Khania stop  trolling. You said you killed 200.000 trees. That would be 700kk exp without any boosts. You would be almost LVL 60 with that amount of exp. And farming at trees past 50 LVL is impossible. Get your facts straight.

Spellbooks are supposed to be rare at classic. And remember the rnjesus. I got 4 spellbooks this weekend, good night. 

2 minutes ago, Dhol said:

@Khania stop  trolling. You said you killed 200.000 trees. That would be 700kk exp without any boosts. You would be almost LVL 60 with that amount of exp. And farming at trees past 50 LVL is impossible. Get your facts straight.

Spellbooks are supposed to be rare at classic. And remember the rnjesus. I got 4 spellbooks this weekend, good night. 

i was lvl 61 3 weeks ago, just downleveled ( also dont forget ill lvl with a full party, exp divide a lot, but it has a lot of bonus too ) ofc, if u get into lvl 50 or 60, ill promise you SP will not be enough and u will have to downlevel, dieying, pking, or just reskilling yourself in floran village

8 hours ago, Khania said:

i was lvl 61 3 weeks ago, just downleveled ( also dont forget ill lvl with a full party, exp divide a lot, but it has a lot of bonus too ) ofc, if u get into lvl 50 or 60, ill promise you SP will not be enough and u will have to downlevel, dieying, pking, or just reskilling yourself in floran village

I'm LVL 54 and I have all skills learned. And as a DA, there is pretty a lot of them. I still have some spare SP.

10 minutes ago, Cally said:

That sounds all so spooky....
I planned my main char to be Prophet.... I may reconsider...

You should reconsider PP as a main because of other reasons than SB. It's a terrible choice in current meta.

I got no idea where are you getting that data from or if you only have a terrible luck. I've been hunting with my Spellsinger and my 2 boxed support on Sea of Spores, since level 41. they are now between 46 - 48, I've gotten few books dropped so far:

- Chant of movement
- Chant of Vampire
- Curse Death link
- Tempest
- Cancel 
- Break Duress.

Getting a spell book takes time, patience and little luck!.

Regards,
Roni.

Archived