Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SleepingPower

Skill Power - how it work?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

How we can measure skill power effect in game ?

For example: feoh

Ultimate Body To Mind Lv 11 +15 Power

Sacrifices 464 HP to recover 655 MP

Enchantment effect: +15 Power

Increases Skill Power by 15%

----------------------------------------------

Result 655 +15% =753.25 and in fact i get 753 mana each time i use this skill.

But where to put +5% Skill Power from abilities settings?

And more important where to put Skill  Power increase from Passive Forgotten Power - Magical Attack Lv 15 which should increase M.Atk by 8%, M.skill Power by 2%?

Seem that those  from Abilities and from Forgotten Power don't stack and don't have any effect,

Feoh have skills sorted by power with lowest Death Lord at power 100 and highest Arcana Comet Strike at 709 power.

I guess that all this power don't mean nothing as if feoh could have power like an ISS to hit an mob with 46888 power added to p.atk (Chaos Symphony lv 3)

That would be 66 times more powerful as is feoh strongest skill and it is definitely not true as in game effects.

So what would be common denominator for skill power that could be valid for all races and all classes?

Amount of mana consumed per damage unit? (lol)

Amount of damage per second? (lol)

Or whatever else as stats in Character Status for races and classes are so different that is impossible to measure anything.

(would be cool to have a table like toon of this race consume lowest amount of mana to deal highest damage per second and recover approx. same hp/mp as other races)

 

 

 

Edited by SleepingPower
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
L2mommy    5

Hello, SleepingPower. Have you considered posting this on the "Wizard" subforum? I'm not sure the hardcore, math-loving Feohs check this forum much. :) Also, you might find some previous discussion of this by searching that forum. Oh, and I think the L2 EU forums actually have a section where someone tests a lot of this stuff.

L2 EU forum - Class discussions: https://eu.4gameforum.com/forums/398/

L2 EU Experimentation forum: https://eu.4gameforum.com/forums/413/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, L2mommy said:

Hello, SleepingPower. Have you considered posting this on the "Wizard" subforum? I'm not sure the hardcore, math-loving Feohs check this forum much. :) Also, you might find some previous discussion of this by searching that forum. Oh, and I think the L2 EU forums actually have a section where someone tests a lot of this stuff.

L2 EU forum - Class discussions: https://eu.4gameforum.com/forums/398/

L2 EU Experimentation forum: https://eu.4gameforum.com/forums/413/

I considered to post question in game questions section of forum.

Its evident that you didn't read post as post is not about feoh which is used as example like also ISS was used as example.

Nothing to experiment here.

Question is mostly about Skill Power.

Question got my attention as we recently got Forgotten Power Spell books about which you would know if you would read at least forums you provided links 

But by  searching this forum you can familiarize yourself about too.

But if you like you can post it  one on feoh section, one in ISS section, one in Abilities section and one in Forgotten Power section.

I don't read or post on forums you suggest but I allow you to troll also there.

Btw where i might fint previous discussion about Forgotten Power? Ah yes probably on Russian or Korean or Japanese forum lol but I play on NC west and post in their forum.

Thank you for post, it help a lot to answer my questions lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
L2mommy    5
5 hours ago, SleepingPower said:

I considered to post question in game questions section of forum.

Its evident that you didn't read post as post is not about feoh which is used as example like also ISS was used as example.

Nothing to experiment here.

Question is mostly about Skill Power.

Question got my attention as we recently got Forgotten Power Spell books about which you would know if you would read at least forums you provided links 

But by  searching this forum you can familiarize yourself about too.

But if you like you can post it  one on feoh section, one in ISS section, one in Abilities section and one in Forgotten Power section.

I don't read or post on forums you suggest but I allow you to troll also there.

Btw where i might fint previous discussion about Forgotten Power? Ah yes probably on Russian or Korean or Japanese forum lol but I play on NC west and post in their forum.

Thank you for post, it help a lot to answer my questions lol.

Hello, SleepingPower. I focused on the example (Feoh) that you provided in your original post because I thought you could find the answers you're searching for in the class forum of one of the game's most popular classes. But you are correct, I could also have suggested Yuls or Isses for the same reason. The link to the EU game forum was given simply to help with your questions had you wanted to check for yourself. I tend to look at several sources for information when I'm checking into something (reddit, non-NA official forums, etc). Enjoy your day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you to inform forum users about how you behave when you want to check something.

Your posts in this tread are totally off topic.

So please leave this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auburn    36
Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2019 at 11:33 AM, SleepingPower said:

Thank you to inform forum users about how you behave when you want to check something.

Your posts in this tread are totally off topic.

So please leave this thread.

I think they were providing you with a link so that you could look up the information yourself. Everything you asked is in the links they provided. It took less then 2 minutes for me to find it.

Here is your answer since you can't look for yourself.

655 MP *1.15 = 735MP restored when enchanted to +15 power. /Math

If you look at the difference in Pattack of an iss or tyrr you will see that very rarely do they break 1M pattack, but if you look at a feoh it is often well over 1m Mattack. Adding 40k power to their pattack is still smaller then adding 150 power to mattack for feoh, because the BASE numbers are so different. 

 

P.S. And I forgot to mention. I know Feoh/Mages used to be a linear damage toon, meaning you had to increase mattack by 4x to increase your damage 2x, where all melee is 1x for 1x. Can anyone still confirm this? This also makes a HUGE difference in how you factor in damage dealt.

Edited by Auburn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Auburn said:

I think they were providing you with a link so that you could look up the information yourself. Everything you asked is in the links they provided. It took less then 2 minutes for me to find it.

Here is your answer since you can't look for yourself.

655 MP *1.15 = 735MP restored when enchanted to +15 power. /Math

If you look at the difference in Pattack of an iss or tyrr you will see that very rarely do they break 1M pattack, but if you look at a feoh it is often well over 1m Mattack. Adding 40k power to their pattack is still smaller then adding 150 power to mattack for feoh, because the BASE numbers are so different. 

 

P.S. And I forgot to mention. I know Feoh/Mages used to be a linear damage toon, meaning you had to increase mattack by 4x to increase your damage 2x, where all melee is 1x for 1x. Can anyone still confirm this? This also makes a HUGE difference in how you factor in damage dealt.

This kind of math  is contained in my first post wich include question about where are skill power increase from ability settings (+ 5% Power increase) and from forgotten power pasive (level 11 Forgotten Spell book Chapter 2 M.skill Power +1% to level 30 which increase M.skill Power +15%)

Its square root base for your info. That  is not same for all races and classes I posted in first post too.

 Btw links do not answer my question same as your post do not help too.

Where we can see additional 5+15=20% added to an skill enhanced by 15% already? Should be way more then 753in feoh case i used.?

And skill Power question is valid for all races and classes not just for an feoh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingNothing    23

The problem is that you're using the wrong skill to measure. I don't think that skill is affected by skill power at all. Only from skill enchantment.

Also you're looking at the skills power when the real change is in damage or heal power.

i have made some tests and 5% skill power to feoh = 5% dmg.

i didn't have time to test on fighters skills but i assume it works the same.

So, after all it doesn't matter if feoh skills have 500 power and fighter skills have 50000... Both will get the same increase in % damage. (because they probably have different formulas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KingNothing said:

The problem is that you're using the wrong skill to measure. I don't think that skill is affected by skill power at all. Only from skill enchantment.

Also you're looking at the skills power when the real change is in damage or heal power.

i have made some tests and 5% skill power to feoh = 5% dmg.

i didn't have time to test on fighters skills but i assume it works the same.

So, after all it doesn't matter if feoh skills have 500 power and fighter skills have 50000... Both will get the same increase in % damage. (because they probably have different formulas.

All cool and dandy but if is true then NC Soft are selling us things without effect. With forgotten spell book NCsoft sell M.atk and M.Power and if it don't have any effect then we pay for nothing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingNothing    23

nop, some skills are not affected by some stats.

It happens that body to mind is not affected by anything.

Just like healing skills doesn't get affected by M. skill critical damage ( like pom)

All other nukes skills will get increased effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, KingNothing said:

nop, some skills are not affected by some stats.

It happens that body to mind is not affected by anything.

Just like healing skills doesn't get affected by M. skill critical damage ( like pom)

All other nukes skills will get increased effects.

Cool, hurry up and buy forgotten power spell books, you will be able to discover what else is not affected by learning defense passive and p,atk and p.power too.

Time to doit is just 2 days more till 20.3,2019

Edited by SleepingPower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auburn    36

Is it really that concerning that Skill power from a passive doesn't affect Body to Mind? I mean is the MP gained from the 15% really a make or break deal? I know getting the passive increased my damage on feoh by a metric shit ton, and I didn't spend a single dime. For me worth every penny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Auburn said:

Is it really that concerning that Skill power from a passive doesn't affect Body to Mind? I mean is the MP gained from the 15% really a make or break deal? I know getting the passive increased my damage on feoh by a metric shit ton, and I didn't spend a single dime. For me worth every penny.

No, its not that concerning. Why do you ask? Its just used as an example.

It say so also in my first post: "For example: feoh…"

Yes for an feoh 100 mp more  make a deal for that i enhanced it.

And in description do not say to increase M. atk  but Power, I could use another skill as description is same.

ubtm.gif vol.gif

You see in both pics description say that increase Skill Power and not m.atk or damage or other.

So what is increase +5% Skill Power in Abilities settings then?

And what is Skill Power increase pasive learned from forgotten spell books then?

Maybe they increase blood pressure in my head and no other effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auburn    36
Posted (edited)

I would rather have skill power then mattack. Mattack is linear so adding 5% mattack would be like adding .3% damage. Adding 5% skill power however adds 5% damage. I did test the damage with 100 shots before and after learning the level 30 passive, and can indead tell you that my damage increased by about 20% not including skills critical damage. 15% of that came from the Skill power passive, the other 5% damage came from 20% mattack. 

And yes I am a feoh, I don't have any MP issues but I also have 3 self rebirths + enchanted Crystal Form and BtM. I can see how its would be aggravating not to have it work on this skill but tbh the damage is what most are after. 

In short think of it like this Skill Power = damage on offencive skills, skill power = a % increase on defensive skills. So +17 power on Volcanic Destruction adds 7% damage (offencive) and +15 power on Ultimate Body to Mind brings 464MP to 533MP or an increase of 15% of skill.

Unfortunately the passive only seems to effect offencive skills and not defensive, which sucks but not a deal breaker IMO. Report it may be? I would be curious to see the "Official" answer from GM's that you won't find here. 

Edited by Auburn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used BTM as example because is very easy to see result in text window and amount do not change.

For an attack skill I should log damage for several hundred mobs and calculate average to  be near precise .

And this repeat once not enhanced and once enhanced with abilities settings and  forgotten books learned to see if any diference.

Now is too late as I learned passives already and for abilities reset is 500 million sp to loose just to test it, is not much but still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HitsHard    0
On 3/18/2019 at 7:26 PM, KingNothing said:

 

i have made some tests and 5% skill power to feoh = 5% dmg.

i didn't have time to test on fighters skills but i assume it works the same.

 

According to the description of physical skills, it would not be a 5% damage difference... unless your patk was 1. The higher your patk is, the less noticeable skill power is.

Skill power + p.atk = damage

M.Skill power x m.atk = damage

Huge difference in the forumulas for magic and physical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aeka    2
Posted (edited)

Square root (M.Skill Power x M. Atk) = Damage.

Let me say. 

M. Skill Power = 800,
M. Atk              = 200,000

M. Skill Power x M. Atk = 800 x 200 000 = 160,000,000

Square Root (160,000,000) = 12,649 damage.

In practical, It deal more than that. a lot more. I think we need some factor.

 

Example, Feoh Storm screamer level 85. With 0 Attribute in weapon,

At . Level 85. with Diploma Gears
1. No attribute is assigned even though wind stance is on.
2. Fairy Settlements mobs are Level 90.

M. Atk = 25000, Updraft destruction Skill Power = 450. By Formula . it is 3354 damage. 

In practical, 5000 - 9000 Normal Damage, Even with 5 level different.

I think calculation is not simple like that.

Edited by Aeka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingNothing    23
On 20/03/2019 at 12:15 PM, HitsHard said:

According to the description of physical skills, it would not be a 5% damage difference... unless your patk was 1. The higher your patk is, the less noticeable skill power is.

Skill power + p.atk = damage

M.Skill power x m.atk = damage

Huge difference in the forumulas for magic and physical.

if it was that simple...

Yeah, it's in the skills description, but its not just like that.

Otherwise a full stacked tyrr with 5kk patk would 1shot everybody or an othel would have no damage since even full stacked they hardly hit 500k patk ( they get boost from normal critical and not all skills get patk bonus, but still noticeable).

the easy way to test it is to get a tyrr warrior and use mega strike and see the damage diference since that skill has static damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×