What about this idea for a new server?

Tobacco

Hi all,

Wanted to put my 2 cents here.

I'll start with disclaimer:

- this is not an ad, there's no promo intent whatsoever, I'm simply sharing thoughts

- in no way I am saying I'm an experienced player, total noob in fact

- ppl who will say "you're an rmt; who has best visa; who spends more" - f off plz. Its my choice to pay, not to farm for years, live with it

- derogatory comments will be disregarded, don't waste effort

So I came back to L2 sometime in January 2018, after not playing for probably 12 years or smth. Last time I played I was in high school in Russia and I believe it was either c2 or c4. X1, X100 doesn't matter really. I was just a bit surprised how different the game is now :D

I'm playing on Freya with feoh and sayha, its currently 99 and 97 respectively. Love my chars. I'm in really amazing clan lvl 9 (asyouwish)- we do instances together, epics, rbs. Ppl are really humble, no bullies, no stupid high school jokes about who's bleep is bigger, y'all know what I mean.

It's been roughly 3-4 months of active playing. Just yesterday I went through my receipts - so far I've spent 1.5-2k usd. I mean at first I was wooooah what the hell, how. But later I was ah whatever I'm having fun and I feel good while playing. Still with that money my gear is average at best.

I'm really interested in PVE at this point, maybe in future I will try to be more active at PVP.

The thing is, freya is pretty f***ed. I have roughly 1500 raid points, and in the last month me and my friends get pk'ed EVERY SINGLE TIME we go for the Raid Boss, which usually happens in the first 5 mins it's up, otherwise we're just too late. 

MyRaid and some other individuals became much more aggressive and if lets say 2 months ago me and my clannies could do 20-30 rbs in a week, right now its less than 10 per week. And to be honest for me it's not even about drops from the RB. Its' about the team effort and fun we're having while killing those RBs. When we spend 10-15 mins killing it, some dude with dragon weapon shows up and kills it in 12 seconds and then talks trash in chat how strong he is :D Rather pathetic if you ask me.

Lots of RBs have "cameras" now watching for them to respawn.  Even prefects/merchants have cameras too - I'm still finishing "hit and run" quest, it's been couple weeks now.

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, this is a PVP game and the strongest survives. I understand that. 

What I'm trying to understand is how this merge will help to make low and mid tier players' life better.

•  server will be more populated - less free areas. its hard to find a spot in Hellbound or Fairies now - place is just mobbed, gonna be even worse.
  •  there will be a new strong clan (something like navigatos now on freya) with top gear people (hopefully with better skills tho :D )  

From the positive: 

• maybe prices will be cheaper? since there'll be more supply
  • easier to find pt for instance?

Today I was thinking and had this idea that maybe better solution is to have a brand new server X?

Of course there should be restrictions, smth like:

•  can only transfer +0 r99 armor/gear, limited to one set/weapon
  •  buffs, potions, ss/bss - whatever you have in inventory
  •  can maintain your lvl 
  •  5 bil adena transfer max

Basically limit the possibility of people with dragon weapons and +8 dark/bloody armor to own the server day 1.

Because, if you think about it, lots of ppl will jump onto this opportunity - there will be a lot of turf war right away with more ppl of average gear/skills. In the meantime the server Z they are leaving from will have more "air to breath", stupidly overpowered players will eventually get bored of no competition. And then whoever has left old characters on old server Z may come back to it and create new authority on it. 

Just an idea, really would love to hear your constructive opinions, and who knows maybe moderators opinion too.

My char in game - Brutella 

Cheers.

They usually don't allow transfers on new servers for a limited period of time. Now, if you meant to merge Naia and Freya into a new server and apply those restrictions during the merge then I have this to ask you: how would you feel if they took away whatever you got with your 2k usd? And then try to imagine how someone who has been at this for over a decade and has spent way more than just 2k would feel if from oe'd dark armors, greater jewels and dragon weapons, one day they end up with a +0 r99 set, 5b and some crap pots.

PS: Zaken lasted about 2 years. Another new server wouldn't be any different.

3 minutes ago, Dargor said:

They usually don't allow transfers on new servers for a limited period of time. Now, if you meant to merge Naia and Freya into a new server and apply those restrictions during the merge then I have this to ask you: how would you feel if they took away whatever you got with your 2k usd? And then try to imagine how someone who has been at this for over a decade and has spent way more than just 2k would feel if from oe'd dark armors, greater jewels and dragon weapons, one day they end up with a +0 r99 set, 5b and some crap pots.

PS: Zaken lasted about 2 years. Another new server wouldn't be any different.

No I didnt suggest taking stuff away from players on current servers. Those are only about transferring TO new server from current.

Didnt know about not allowing transfers to new server for a limited amount of time, thanks for the info.

doesnt mater if they limit gear you can transfer in 2 month ppl will have 10++dark armor and lvl 103+++. what they should do is forbid solo rb, fix barrer and make a mínimum of 2pts necesary to kill it, remove pk scrolls so if that dragon weap guy attaks u he will have to do the quest evry day to remove the pk 1 by 1. this way server will be healthy again(its actually how it Works on other servers). doesnt matter how u see it some ppl live ingame u cant compete with them, others spend thousands of $$ they can bully any1, there must be mecanisms to prevent monopolies. same thing in siege if a clan has a castle there should be a penalty of 50%++ dmg/hp/mp at least no point seeing 1 clan owning all castles it kills the game(maybe allow them to defend allys castle or register to defend 2 castles).

ps. u dont have +10 blody/dark set and u spent 1,5k$ i dunno hows that posible

23 hours ago, Tobacco said:

So I came back to L2 sometime in January 2018, after not playing for probably 12 years or smth. Last time I played I was in high school in Russia and I believe it was either c2 or c4. X1, X100 doesn't matter really. I was just a bit surprised how different the game is now :D

A man when he studied at a Russian school (12 years ago) and suddenly the BANG !!!  comes back and puts into the game 2 thousand bucks ...
Sorry, but this is not a believable story......
It's more like you just bought this account
I apologize but illogical ..... your story
what players did you have here 12 years ago? and who did you know here 12 years ago?

PS:I remember all the names of the players all the clan names from 2006(on another server) and you have to call them(here)

18 minutes ago, Slou said:

A man when he studied at a Russian school (12 years ago) and suddenly the BANG !!!  comes back and puts into the game 2 thousand bucks ...
Sorry, but this is not a believable story......
It's more like you just bought this account
I apologize but illogical ..... your story
what players did you have here 12 years ago? and who did you know here 12 years ago?

Lol, whats wrong with that? First of all it was 15-16 years ago, on some private russian server, I honestly can't remember anything about that, only that I never got past lvl 40 or 50.

And obviously I knew nobody when I came to official server this year. 

20 minutes ago, Tobacco said:

Lol, whats wrong with that? First of all it was 15-16 years ago, on some private russian server, I honestly can't remember anything about that, only that I never got past lvl 40 or 50.

And obviously I knew nobody when I came to official server this year. 

So you do not call the top clans, that were here 12- 13-14 years ago?

PS: this server is 14 years old

Just now, Slou said:

Russia has been banned here since 2016, how did you manage to join the game from 2018?

https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/articles/217017506-Blocked-Countries

I moved to USA in 2010.

How will you explain a huge population of Russians on servers? Like VPN is not possible these days?

Dude, you missing the point here by asking me to verify my story, instead express your opinion about merge, thank you.

8 minutes ago, Tobacco said:

I moved to USA in 2010.

How will you explain a huge population of Russians on servers? Like VPN is not possible these days?

Dude, you missing the point here by asking me to verify my story, instead express your opinion about merge, thank you.

Ok no  questions.....  good game for you :)

PS:Cheating VPN no work here

They never admit there is an issue  nor accept any faults with game. Just get your credit cards and participate with free events with gambling chance. When they feel they have lost community support throw in survey get gets trashed at end, just to show they really Care! NOT SUCKERS HAHAHA. P.S. ooh u lost items due to lag or bug or bad game mechanics? your fault not ours just buy more Ncoin and u might get chance at recovery. BAHAHAHAH!

16 hours ago, marw said:

No, in few weeks there will be 101+ people in dark sets (a lot of ppl like you will quit).

but isnt few weeks good enough?

also never mind the bloody set, in few weeks you wont have dragon weapon,right? or I dunno any other item that has to be farmed/crafted for a long time.

Also, I think AliOli made really good point here about pt reqs for RB and pk scrolls and etc.

On 4/29/2018 at 3:28 AM, AliOli said:

doesnt mater if they limit gear you can transfer in 2 month ppl will have 10++dark armor and lvl 103+++. what they should do is forbid solo rb, fix barrer and make a mínimum of 2pts necesary to kill it, remove pk scrolls so if that dragon weap guy attaks u he will have to do the quest evry day to remove the pk 1 by 1. this way server will be healthy again(its actually how it Works on other servers). doesnt matter how u see it some ppl live ingame u cant compete with them, others spend thousands of $$ they can bully any1, there must be mecanisms to prevent monopolies. same thing in siege if a clan has a castle there should be a penalty of 50%++ dmg/hp/mp at least no point seeing 1 clan owning all castles it kills the game(maybe allow them to defend allys castle or register to defend 2 castles).

ps. u dont have +10 blody/dark set and u spent 1,5k$ i dunno hows that posible

Archived