Archer Skill Crit Damage

EnvyYou

Hi All

I wanted to ask other archers or anyone for that matter how people get such high crit damage on their archer. (Or how the calculation works) Take for example the videos that were posted by archers like SpartianGuard and TheBlackPope where is shows that they hit the first boss mob in k99 for around 1.2 mil in a skill crit. My Archer hits those mobs for around 110k. This in its self is a 971.43% increase in damage.

If you take a look at my gear below while there is room for improvement i don't see how i am going to get 971.43 % of improvements unless the calculation soars up at a certain point.

Adding a ruby 5 will will only add 12.5 % damage and as this has been discussed before is only soul shot damage.

So does anyone have any idea where this extra damage can come from ?

Current Gear

+12 Bloody Bow - P.Skill Cirt Rate +10%, P.Skill Crit Damage +10% (P.Skill Critical Damage +15 Augment)

+3 Dex Bracelet - Venir Stage 12, Longing, Seven Signs, Abundance Stage 1 and Wind Talisman P Skill Crit Damage + 10 %

x3 +5 STR Tattoos (In process of changing this to Dex.)

5 Slot Brooch with the following Level 3 Jewels - Emerald, Opal, Diamond, Ruby and Red Cat

+10 Bloody Set (Assassin Type Enchant)

+7 Elmore Cloak

+7 Shiny Elemental Shirt

Rulers Authority, Blessed Antharas, Lindivor, Blessed Valakas, Tauti and Earth Wyrm

Exalted Tiara

Stage 2 Evolved Agathion

Arrows - P.Atk

Cloaks: They both have 2 dmg augments either 15% pskill crit dmg or 7.5% and 15% skill power. Alongside this is the base 8% pve bonus increase over your +7. The cloak also has passive 8% pskill crit dmg bonus and then the big one 107% dmg increase in PVE - popes could very well be an +18 version as he raids making the proc a whooping 200%. This item makes the biggest difference of any in game regarding PVE.

Bow: they use are +16 having 360 base patk more than yours along with increased soulshot dmg%. The SA will be a minimum of 10% more crit dmg, 13% more if they are rocking stage 10's.

la/vie agathion: your missing a ton of elemental dmg - getting over 700 in pve increases your dmg a lot. The ruby difference isnt just 12.5% soulshot dmg - they will both be using greaters with +9% patk. The Opal 5 giving 80 more attribute etc.

Abundance: your missing 5% skill dmg and 5% skill power over the lvl 4 varient.

Circlet: the new ones give you another 5str 5% skill power 10% skill crit dmg and 7% patk.

Enchants: While its not listed as your char is not fully decked out I would work on the assumption that your dmg skills are not +20 like the mentioned guys. You might not even be lvl 105 as its not mentioned and lvl alone makes a significant difference to the dmg you hit mobs for.

As all these stats stacked multiplicatively thats a lot of extra dmg these guys are rocking. For the sake of a fair comparison tho when testing your dmg numbers vs theres you should attempt these instances solo. When grouping as a yul in instances such as these any undergeared char hitting the boss has a chance to proc off your Bullseye skill almost immediately which drastically reduces the dmg you will output. So unless your doing it solo you cant compare the two numbers fairly.

Thanks for taking the time to make this detailed reply, to add to what you said i'm only level 103 and all my skills are + 10

As you have mentioned there is still a lot of skill Crit Damage % that i am missing and i guess while i don't understand how the math and multipliers work, when it all comes together it adds up a lot.

Ive always wanted my base and elemental damage to be higher than what it is as i guess that's a good starting point for me. Would you recommend that i upgrade my Bow as a priority before and other upgrades ?

Purely speaking PVE upgrade list order for me would go

1. Tats - Swap 2x Tats to Dex then swap your Bow SA from hunter to SpeedFire for an extra 6% crit dmg (higher if u use a higher stage soulcrystal)
  2. Cloak minimum +10 with 1 augment ideally +15 with 2
  3. Obtaining 700 element via opal/agathion/buff pots - any further gets you no benefit in pve.
  4. Circlet - Noble authority or radiant if/when you can afford
  5. Abundance upgrade to 4
  6. Missed from above list but insanity for the +2 all stats and 5% skill power

Others may disagree with the priority order but for me that is how I would structure my improvements.

Well i have changed my bow SA from Hunter to Level 8 Speed / Fire just now which has given me an extra 7% skill crit damage and ill work on the Dex tattoos throughout the week.

I find it interesting that you would upgrade everything but the bow, so the base damage increase will not see as much boost as the other upgrades ?

And why is anything over 700 element no benefit in PVE.

2 hours ago, EnvyYou said:

Well i have changed my bow SA from Hunter to Level 8 Speed / Fire just now which has given me an extra 7% skill crit damage and ill work on the Dex tattoos throughout the week.

I find it interesting that you would upgrade everything but the bow, so the base damage increase will not see as much boost as the other upgrades ?

Personally I wouldn't of swapped the SA before the dex change as you will notice a larger dip in your crit rate compared to once the Dex is in place but np if you've already done it.

I would in the end inprove my bows enchant lvl but on a cost/benefit slider in my eyes the other upgrades provide a larger dmg to price reward unless you find a very underpriced bow. +12 Bloody with correct SA/Augments is more than adequate whilst the rest of your items catchup.

One thing I missed that would also improve your dmg and is very cheap. Once you have swapped over to the Dex tats is switch your armor to enhance from assasin type. You will take additional +6% skill patk and an extra 4 str compared to your current. As long as your getting over 90 Dex you would be better in Enhance over Assasin.

2 hours ago, EnvyYou said:

And why is anything over 700 element no benefit in PVE.

Just like players in PvP mobs have elemental resist lvls to get above to boost dmg. Once you hit 700 attribute your maxed out in PvE. Going higher will only increase your dmg in PvP.

• 1 month later...

Change your skill enchants to break. Dont use Earth ring as your setup is all for skill dmg. Use Tauti and Rulers.

You`re only behind them on Ruby and +++++ bow. Ruby 5 is actually 20% more actual damage(when you use shots).Also u need lv5 Opal.

they did that before cloacks and circlet.

BTW, besides bow normal crit dmg is cut in half since Lindvior Update, I tried crit dmg setup as a Sagi with p.atk+crit dmg and I wouldcrit for 150k with pom and GOG buff with way less gear than you, only thing I had was the +12 bloody bow with 30% crit dmg ring setup. 

just to compare.. with my pve cloak +7 i do kama 99 in about 6-8 minutes. with pve cloak +15 with +5% pve dmg and +15% skillpower i do it in about 2 minutes duo without any lvl 5 jewels

Reading ur equip list it seems the mistake is hidden deeper as with that equip you should easily hit 350-530k 1st RB in Kama.

Most probably u lack elemental attack get 600+ at least. Ruby 4, opal 4 is must. Insanity adds 5% skill power. 
What is your skill enchant path? Class? What are ur APs? as Moonlight or Trickster will not hit that hard on single crit dmg in pve than GS (the guys u are comparing to)

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:59 PM, Daikon said:

Change your skill enchants to break. Dont use Earth ring as your setup is all for skill dmg. Use Tauti and Rulers.

You`re only behind them on Ruby and +++++ bow. Ruby 5 is actually 20% more actual damage(when you use shots).Also u need lv5 Opal.

they did that before cloacks and circlet.

BTW, besides bow normal crit dmg is cut in half since Lindvior Update, I tried crit dmg setup as a Sagi with p.atk+crit dmg and I wouldcrit for 150k with pom and GOG buff with way less gear than you, only thing I had was the +12 bloody bow with 30% crit dmg ring setup. 

Jewellery like tauti,AQ or Lindvior crit dmg does not work on skills at all just normal hits..

• 2 months later...

Archived