REQUIRED: rework on castle sieges

Hi all,

First off let me start off by not trying to complain or sound emo, however sieges are very broken at the moment.
Our entire clan is 107+ and we try to do have some fun but it is pointless to siege on Chronos.

We are getting one shot by the top clans (with broken blood/dragon weapons), who own all castles and nobody wants to play sieges.
Sieges was a big piece of fun back in the day, but they refuse to let others siege and have some fun in the game.

Right now it is a grief festival, on Chronos a select few clans own all castles and refuse to let any other clan enter and play sieges.
Example having damaged capped at 20k per hit on sieges would already be an amazing quality of life improvement.
I do see some big issues why the game is dying and as soon as the COVID-19 quarantine ends many players will quit.

Why is the community so toxic these days, what happened to having fun at sieges and saying "GF WP" instead of "you suck your a 1 shot tank noob GunGrave".
I played the L2 franchise for since closed Korean (2003) beta (quit in 2016), I moved to L2R (since  2017-2019) after GOD and just came back (start 2020).
I am a noob by the way even with 15 years of L2 experience, I got bad gear and all that but know the game a bit I guess.

Maybe some quality of life changes are required in order for promoting siege gameplay (more fun and more fair).
I am not saying I got the answers but I do see that some changes are required, else nobody plays and the game will die sooner rather than later.

I was just hoping to see a more fun environment instead of such a toxic grief festival.
I am just curious about some feedback of the community.

Cheers,
GunGrave

Edited by InnerSphereGunGrave
typo corrected
  • Like 4

Totally agree that that. L2 was made as a good pvp game. You level up and get some decent gear to be able to have some nice pvp. But nowadays it has become useless to level up and get some decent gear because some ppl in this game reached lvl 110+ and got dragon weapons, and you get 1 shot.

In the old days when the enemy had a higher lvl + better gear and you would bring a zerg of ppl to a castle it would still be a nice fight, but nowadays it dosnt matter anymore if you bring 10 or 100 ppl cuz you get AOE 1 hit by 1 person anyways. Lineage 2 was the only game who had the idea of sieging in the game, but because going to a siege has because totally useless cuz you get 1 shot it has become a afk grind game. In my opinion that such a shame becouse L2 in the past was the best pvp game there was. I know a lot of ppl who  came back to the game, but in the state the game is right now i think all the ppl who came back will all quit very soon again becouse pvp and sieging has become totaly useless

Im realy curious what the GM's think about this discussion.

Cheers,

Duckrolled aka Blackadder.

Damage output with Zariche/Akanamah/Dragon Weapons is just way to powerful. 
Back in the Day L2 was all about building a Strong Alliance ( 5 Clans ) and helping each other. 
Nowadays its just a race to be able to make those Weapons to rule over everyone.

And since no other top Clan can compete against getting 1hit. The Server becomes 1sided and 1 Clan can do whatever they want which leads to everyone wanting to be on their Side. Nobody wants to pick a Fight cause its pointless. its getting 1hit by 1 Person. 1 Multiple Target Skill and 20-30 ppl with expensive hard worked for gear will hit the Ground.

You gotta come up with something to make pvp/sieges more fun for the Whole Server again NCSoft or you lose the majority of players sooner or later. 

Bring back 1 Clan can only sign to defend/atk 1 Castle. 

if your Clan is not signed to Defend or Atk, you shall not be able to enter the Village/town and the siegefield of the Castle Location.

"My Teleports",Belief of the Exalted and Summon/Clan Summon will be disabled on siege Times,

If you leave/get kicked from Clan you will get Penalty for 2 Weeks. (Prevents Clan hopping to join alt clan to defend/atk Castle)

Cheers,

TDDan

Yep allthough not 107 yet  I agree with GG  TDDan and Blackadder  ..  sieges where fun to do     ..  it would be wonderful to have it back in game  .. in a more balanced system in range for a bigger hord of players ..  an not only the "rich "

1) They should increase the HP/Defense of the castle gates and crystals.

2) They should make damage dealt and damage taken more balanced in PvP. Being a 1 shot even with top +10 PvP armor set, +15 Ferios Cloak and other top stuffs is a joke. (Not me but that's what I see some of the players die with more than 1 million damage from a single skill by archer/feoh)

3 hours ago, Lunastariel said:

1) They should increase the HP/Defense of the castle gates and crystals.

2) They should make damage dealt and damage taken more balanced in PvP. Being a 1 shot even with top +10 PvP armor set, +15 Ferios Cloak and other top stuffs is a joke. (Not me but that's what I see some of the players die with more than 1 million damage from a single skill by archer/feoh)

I agree with 1 and 2 but it will not matter.  I am a tank, 107 with "decent" gear, I get shout through UD for 500k, by that arrow that ignores pdef...
But really what is the fun about pvp this way, I remember L2 being dynamic and long good fights with mana management and cp management.
Now its point click - 1 shot:
Comments will be trown like: get rekt noob or You are so bad at L2 trash etc.

I mean wtf happened to playing the game for fun and having a good fight in a PVP game?
Right now the game lost all glory and fun, silly pay2win grief festival.

Like I said if this does not get fixed the game will die slowly but surely.

Watched sunday siege,

MS don't want to let anyone in the server have fun anymore for sure

Controls all castle, and bring 1-2 party to annhiliate any enemys that try to come play and have fun

After that siege MS will cry for no competition, and ppl detagg, drop war but they won't realise they bring that situation,   i saw 30-35 ppl on schuttgard, was ready to pvp the owners of that castle,

And poof,  MrMind lvl 114 1st in ranking came and 1 shooted everybody before the pvp even started,   Who will participate siege after that?  Nobody, that's not what they want, but that's what they are getting by doing that :) 

On 30-5-2020 at 1:42 PM, iAndouille said:

Watched sunday siege,

MS don't want to let anyone in the server have fun anymore for sure

Controls all castle, and bring 1-2 party to annhiliate any enemys that try to come play and have fun

After that siege MS will cry for no competition, and ppl detagg, drop war but they won't realise they bring that situation,   i saw 30-35 ppl on schuttgard, was ready to pvp the owners of that castle,

And poof,  MrMind lvl 114 1st in ranking came and 1 shooted everybody before the pvp even started,   Who will participate siege after that?  Nobody, that's not what they want, but that's what they are getting by doing that :) 

That is what I mean, the sieges are dead at the moment.
It is no fun for anyone except the top players that 1 shot everyone!

Anyways have fun top clans when there is nobody even trying to siege.
We at least tried at 107 to siege, but all we get is trash talk and griefing.

I think this is the end of L2 sieges for me personally, I have serious doubts on sieging again.
Also it seems GM's truly do not care.
@Juji?

@Hime?

Can we get some feedback on this topic, people dont even bother going on the forum due to the fact there is no interaction.
I am so confused that this is the L2 retail live server forum, it is totally dead...

On 25/05/2020 at 7:42 AM, InnerSphereGunGrave said:

Hi all,

First off let me start off by not trying to complain or sound emo, however sieges are very broken at the moment.
Our entire clan is 107+ and we try to do have some fun but it is pointless to siege on Chronos.

We are getting one shot by the top clans (with broken blood/dragon weapons), who own all castles and nobody wants to play sieges.
Sieges was a big piece of fun back in the day, but they refuse to let others siege and have some fun in the game.

Right now it is a grief festival, on Chronos a select few clans own all castles and refuse to let any other clan enter and play sieges.
Example having damaged capped at 20k per hit on sieges would already be an amazing quality of life improvement.
I do see some big issues why the game is dying and as soon as the COVID-19 quarantine ends many players will quit.

Why is the community so toxic these days, what happened to having fun at sieges and saying "GF WP" instead of "you suck your a 1 shot tank noob GunGrave".
I played the L2 franchise for since closed Korean (2003) beta (quit in 2016), I moved to L2R (since  2017-2019) after GOD and just came back (start 2020).
I am a noob by the way even with 15 years of L2 experience, I got bad gear and all that but know the game a bit I guess.

Maybe some quality of life changes are required in order for promoting siege gameplay (more fun and more fair).
I am not saying I got the answers but I do see that some changes are required, else nobody plays and the game will die sooner rather than later.

I was just hoping to see a more fun environment instead of such a toxic grief festival.
I am just curious about some feedback of the community.

Cheers,
GunGrave

It's a good idea. A pity that will never come true. These people paid a lot of money for this damage and, under no circumstances, can it decrease!

@DisplayNoName well then we can just stop sieging, because it is truly pointless to siege vs these guys...
I tried to research data on this but it seems ncsoft broke the balancing scale with pay 2 win items.
So I wonder why GM's refuse to comment on this topic in any way, I thought they were here for the community?
I kinda see what it is now, if you are not 112+ with dragon weapon, you are not considered a player of L2...

Ow well enjoy empty sieges I guess?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I see where all is coming from.

The damage output from all the items they keep putting in the game is creating a huge unbalance in the game. The game has been ruined beyond repair at this point.

In no way could they nerf the damage at siege for the whales cause that is what they paid for to have that unreal damage and defense.

The only thing I could see possibly working is if they started to rank clans in some way by members strength and level of players. We all have a character status that if the clan could somehow add up stats of players and rate the clan based on its members. 

Then split the castles in 2 groups. Let's say Aden, Rune, Giran, inandril are castles to be acquired by top 10 or 15 clans and the other castles are for the weaker clans. 

If a member from a top clan enter siege zone on the lower level castle grounds he automatically gets sent back to town.