Juji

Juji,

Since you took over the producer job from being the assistant this game has slowly gone down hill.

Think you need to contact your old boss and bring the game back to its 2011 glory days.

No disrespect ment but the game is really poor now compared to 2011.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They game lost all its awesomeness once awakening was introduced and Ncsoft ruined the game by mergining everything into 8 classes. 

Then, trying to undo that terrible choice, they made the game what it is today.

For us all still playing today, the writing has been on the walls for a long time. 

Also, Juji has little to no input on what gets pushed to us.

10 minutes ago, iHyperlite said:

Why you say that?  This is an ongoing urban legend,  the guy was given a job he can't handle and the people above him see heavy server, money rolling in, good enough.   Ifhe manned up, he would resign and let someone else take over this mess, sometimes thats the only way to change things.   These employees would be better off leaving ncsoft off their resume I hate to say, it's easy to find references here.

5 minutes ago, Degus said:

Why you say that?  This is an ongoing urban legend,  the guy was given a job he can't handle and the people above him see heavy server, money rolling in, good enough.   Ifhe manned up, he would resign and let someone else take over this mess, sometimes thats the only way to change things.   These employees would be better off leaving ncsoft off their resume I hate to say, it's easy to find references here.

Juji isn't a developer, and our region has literally 0 input on the way the game is changed. Korea drives everything, and the entire Ncwest model is an afterthought because it's basically last in revenue generation for them.

The sad part is, a cost model change to be more like Japan (our build + core prices + Korea drop rates) would inject a ton of revenue into their bottom line. However, I think they want this to run at a loss for tax reasons in the US. 

Ya, that's why I don't believe this Juji has no input BS, every business owner likes money, I find it hard to believe anyone would go to their boss and say I know how to double revenue, and the boss says naaaa, this is good enough,  I just can't believe that.   I've read 100 times Juji has no say, but come on, who started that?  When adena drops too much they seem to listen to him pretty fast and nerf it.   They clearly aren't putting this game out there so people can have fun, it's money, who doesn't want more?  The guy who is afraid of losing his job is who.

You're both half right and half wrong.  While there is no way to "prove" this; I have come to believe L2NA has purposely evolved into a "boutique game" for rich people.  Think about it for a few minutes.... 

When Awakening hit and the L2 store was introduced there were only XP Items, Passes, and Cosmetic items.  The first truly P2W Promo was Elemental Shirts.  Do you think the Devs of a multi-million dollar company are stupid (some of you mistakenly do)?  They have had YEARS to observe the profitability of the L2 Store.  They know what makes the most money, that is why more and more EXPENSIVE P2W items keep getting introduced.  They know that with an 18 year old game with a SMALL player base (this is key) targeting a small amount of big spenders WILL generate more profit than the model some of you are advocating for.  How do they know this; years of observation.........  This is the same model they have adopted in Korea were actual millionaires spend tens of thousands on L2.  This should be self-evident at this point.  Take the current Promo; horrid rates but, there is ONE crazy overpowered item which a few big spenders are dropping THOUSANDS of dollars trying to obtain.  We know they are doing this because of the HUNDREDS of EoPs in multiple alt sell shops in Giran.  So while most of us would like lower prices in the L2 store it probably won't happen. 

Juji is aware of this too; he is doing his job as dictated by his superiors.  I truly don't understand all the vitriol directed at him?    

When you come to understand the true nature of this game it's easier to just accept it and play or move on.  I have chosen to limit my spending and enjoy the game for what it is.  I realize I can't compete with whales and I am OK with that.

You're giving Juji a pat on the back when he deserves a kick in the ass.  Most what ya said is true, BUT, where's the flash book sales, brooch, consumable sales, look in the store, prob 90% of items aren't  bought ever.  You can keep this model and improve,  sales on items whales DON'T want for instance on items youths need, make non-tradeable so wales can't make a fortune off scrubs.   It doesn't have to be 1 or the other.  I am a spender, but there is nothing to buy.  When I have money to blow and nothing to blow it on, that's a bad business model.

Also, if it was 10 bucks to change sex/race, i'd be a dwarf 1 night to be funny and laugh, changing back a few days later, but at the current price, thats not fun or funny, completely lost revenue.   So many micro-transactions would add up quick.  Don't tell me Juji advised that and they shot him down, I can't believe that, seems more like he didn't bother. 

So if I had to guess I would say that items are cycled in such a way as to INCREASE the scarcity and therefore promote more consumption during the promo.  Yes, there is a bottleneck with actual brooches but not the gems.  As far as books are concerned; are you referring to Forgotten Books?  If so then they drop in game now and Whales will buy overpriced from L2 Store anyway so....????  Did you make a Stage 5 (or greater) Advanced Protection?  Because some people have and they dropped A LOT doing it.  

As far as "giving Juji a pat on the back," how did you get that from my statement..... at all????  I'm just not going to trash him for almost certainly doing the job he was hired to do. 

Your wrong about the micro transactions though.  The player base is too small in L2. 

I understand you think L2NA should be run differently (I do to) and that Juji is responsible for the state of the game but....

I am 100% certain NCWest is doing EVERYTHING they can to maximize profits!!!  🤣  If/when they make changes to the store (like introducing the Einhasad store) it will be because they think it will make $$. 

2 hours ago, Rodah said:

I understand you think L2NA should be run differently (I do to) and that Juji is responsible for the state of the game but....

I am 100% certain NCWest is doing EVERYTHING they can to maximize profits!!!  🤣  If/when they make changes to the store (like introducing the Einhasad store) it will be because they think it will make $$. 

i will agree to disagree as I am 100% certain ncwest is doing NOTHING to maximize profit and I don't think Juji even exists any more.  it looks more to me like they lose money on purpose to use us as a tax write off. 

Lookin' how rollin' their policies and how they work with customers and provide own services ... And if somebody tell me that  head ain't responding' for his employees, I will laugh...

Tbh, some events are good, some one are not, but customer service is ****. Yeah, they speak polite, but do nothing. Also bugs for years...

8 hours ago, iHyperlite said:

They game lost all its awesomeness once awakening was introduced and Ncsoft ruined the game by mergining everything into 8 classes. 

a) the game started going downhill when you could get all the gear you need through lootboxes, the disaster peaked when all the most important needed items came only from lootboxes. 

As for what role juji plays in all this, I see the title of gm and not just forum adim. If he has 0 say in any matter then who does?  who do we have to talk to? Ppl want results, who gets stuff done has little meaning. If Juji is not responsible, then just point us to the right person. 

35 minutes ago, ffs said:

a) the game started going downhill when you could get all the gear you need through lootboxes, the disaster peaked when all the most important needed items came only from lootboxes. 

As for what role juji plays in all this, I see the title of gm and not just forum adim. If he has 0 say in any matter then who does?  who do we have to talk to? Ppl want results, who gets stuff done has little meaning. If Juji is not responsible, then just point us to the right person. 

we will agree to disagree on the beginning of the downhill.  awakening was introduced before the p2w items.  awakening also killed the support classes, as it merged too many archetypes into 1 archetype  and changed the party style from 9 to 7, completely changing how parties were made.  dwarves were also decimated and the entire founding principals of L2 (farming and crafting) were phased out.

as for juji, ive said what i think about him. i wouldnt want his job by any means.  he gets alot of hate, and half of it shouldnt even be towards him (update content, etc)

although i would not disagree that merging the classes was not the best choice i still think the box/gear/store was a bigger disaster for the game (the players specifically, not the company)

as for Juji or w/e person happens to act as a bridge between the game developers and the EU/US clients, let me share my personal view on the matter. I happened to work over a decade for a company that represented a heavy machinery manufacturer. Every region the manufacturer sold products had different needs. It was part of our job to get feedback form the clients and communicate to the manufacturer what our region needed and prefered. The responsibility of giving my regions clients what they wanted was on ME ( in our case here juji or w/e they got), not the manufacturer.  The manufacturer makes product "A" with such and such specifications, but this region wants it a bit longer compared to another region that wants it a bit wider, compared to another region who wants it painted blue. the client doesn't care who gets the job done as long as it's done. he will contact Juji coz that is the person he was told is in charge of such things. What is unbelievable here is that people still remain here despite not getting what they ordered. Something that would end up in loss of clientele in any normal company. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1